More developments in death of famous Thai actress “Watermelon”

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would hope that they did a complete and full autopsy documenting all wounds and marks.  

What on the pig whose leg they used ? ???? I expect they have a done a full survey of the passengers bank accounts to assess what may be in it for them.

• Like 2

Bless. With their IQ being what it is at least they are doing their best. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to set up a fund raising drive to purchase the spanner they so desparetely need to reattach that pesky propellor.

Edited by rbkk
  • Haha 1

Wondering how a famous actress could act in the manner described during a nature's call. Heavily intoxicated most probably, anyone could easily fall off a speed boat. A scenario that most won't even be able to comprehend fully. May her soul rest in peace and hope no foul play is involved.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Lt Gen Jirapat Phumjit, Commander of Provincial Police Region 1, ordered the officials to use a pig’s leg to represent part of Dtangmo’s body, tie it with a rope, and throw it into the Chao Phraya River while accelerating the speedboat at high speed. The experiment found that the leg bounced off the boat while driving at the speed recorded in the boat’s speed history and that the leg would immediately go and get stuck at the bottom of the boat.

I'm lost for words... [well words that I can say here].

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

whether it was scientifically possible for Dtangmo to fall to death while reportedly urinating at the back of the boat as claimed by her friends or how/what posture did she fall into the water, etc.

I'll have a guess at ar#se first?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I hope my 5 year old daughter has a very dull and normal life !

The houses on each side of us.  One daughter is Tangmo (watermelon) and on the other side is Tonhom (green onion).

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Will B Good said:

During the re-enactment the propellor that had earlier been removed for forensic analysis, fell off and had to be recovered by divers from the river bed........you couldn't write this stuff.

The owner apologised and said his number one team were busy, so it was his number two team that had replaced the propellor 

Did you see the photo of the "recovered" propellor. Looked shiny and new. I bet it was not that one on the boat at the time of the "accident".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Henryford said:

Did you see the photo of the "recovered" propellor. Looked shiny and new. I bet it was not that one on the boat at the time of the "accident".

Thought the same.....looked very suspicious.....also what are the chances of a diver finding the propellor so quickly at the bottom of a fast flowing river in zero visibility......

I reckon they took that propellor down with them then resurfaced claiming to have found it......the infamous face saving actions of the Thais.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poyai111 said:

As a boat operator back home in Australia welcoming passengers aboard, I would ask the following questions:  " can you swim?" " have you been on a boat before?"Answers to these two questions would immediately summarize the risk status of the passengers. Regardless, on a night passage with alcohol involved the mandatory wearing of life jackets would be implemented and a buddy system introduced so that supervision was assured. At night bearings are confusing so something should have been tossed overboard to provide flotation and a visual fix. Someone should have been seconded by the skipper to maintain a visual on the jettisoned article while he throttled back and came around in a wide arc. He would retrieve the emergency bag and withdraw a flashlight to commence a retrieval. Hoe many of these measure were implemented on that fateful night. My condolences are extended e friends, colleagues and family

We caught a boat out to Koh Samet......obviously overloaded. But being British I would rather drown than make a fuss.

The guy started to hand out life jackets, which consoled me somewhat, but he ran out of them before he reach us........ we made it across okay......all's well that ends well I guess!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

The use of the pig's leg is of no evidential value as it is of a totally different weight, density and buoyancy in relation to a living human body.  To throw it in while tied to a rope does not in any way mimic the action of a person falling overboard and the elasticity, although limited, of the rope will cause the pig's leg to recoil forward under heavy acceleration by the speed boat.  The speedboat, to the best of my knowledge, was a single outboard engine where the propeller is outside the silhouette of the boat.  It is potentially lethal but only if turning and a person is close to it.  If a person fell from the boat while it is moving then in most cases they would fall clear of the propeller as the person and the propeller are moving in opposite directions at the time of the fall.

It is hard, but not impossible here, to believe the boat was moving while she was allegedly relieving herself off the back of the boat.  Considering the reports of her being fully clothed when found it is also hard to believe that she was doing so.  The reason for relieving herself off the back of the boat was claimed as being the onboard toilet was broken however these are simple mechanisms and should not have caused any problems in being used and then manually flushed.  It is highly likely the on board toilet was a flush and forget and not linked to any onboard sewage container.

The best avenue of investigation would be to secure all mobile phone records to ascertain who and when the others called after the incident.  The phones also have an automatic locator and it is possible to make a reasonably accurate assessment of location and speed from that.

You have made the most logical statement regarding what might have happened compared to the investigation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

You have made the most logical statement regarding what might have happened compared to the investigation.

Based on his/her statement he/she would certainly not be allowed to join the RTP....555

19 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That is a good thing as the one on the boat at the time of accident should have been secured as vital evidence as it is alleged to have caused injury to the victim.  There is absolutely no need at all for the same propeller to be used for any reenactment.

10 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

That is a good thing as the one on the boat at the time of accident should have been secured as vital evidence as it is alleged to have caused injury to the victim.  There is absolutely no need at all for the same propeller to be used for any reenactment.

Thought the same, which begs the question, why the desperate scramble to try and recover it????