Respect for one of the best cricketers and leg spinners in the world

phetphet

34 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Diet pills? 

42 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Suddenly in Thailand at 52 sounds very mysterious ???? Rip

RIP Shane, sounded like a good bloke, and a great cricketer.

52, not that rare. My brother in law dropped dead of a heat attack at 50. Although he had been diabetic for quite a while.

• Like 1

So sad to hear of his passing. Love him or hate him - he was a giant of the game of cricket - a bowling craftsman who made spin bowling cool!

I still remember his first Ashes delivery - the Gatting ball in 93.

52 - way too young.

RIP Warnie

Edited by G Rex
Wrong link
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

RIP Shane, sounded like a good bloke, and a great cricketer.

52, not that rare. My brother in law dropped dead of a heat attack at 50. Although he had been diabetic for quite a while.

...heart attack...

Two cricketing legends, Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, passed away within a day of each other.

Olympic gold medalist cyclist Dean Woods also dead at just 55yo.

Also gone is John Landy, the second man to break 4 minutes in the mile and who pushed Bannister to be the first. He was 91.

Bad times for Australian sport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SheikYabodyline said:

Sadly, Warne was both a smoker and a drinker, probably the two most prominent indicators for heart attack risk.

There is also the fact he arrived the day before... Long flight, clotty blood, this can get you days later.

RIP.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

So sad to hear of his passing. Love him or hate him - he was a giant of the game of cricket - a bowling craftsman who made spin bowling cool!

I still remember his first Ashes delivery - the Gatting ball in 93.

52 - way too young.

RIP Warnie

Gatting doesnt know what happened 

Still doesnt know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Two cricketing legends, Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, passed away within a day of each other.

Olympic gold medalist cyclist Dean Woods also dead at just 55yo.

Also gone is John Landy, the second man to break 4 minutes in the mile and who pushed Bannister to be the first. He was 91.

Bad times for Australian sport.

People die daily

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Just seen this too. Quite a shock. Heart attack happens at any age Of course and what was his lifestyle at the time,,,

RIP mate. 

Indeed it can, one of my cousins died from a heart attack whilst playing tennis, she was 14.

RIP Shane.

Edited by Ralf001

A sudden cardiac arrest does it to you, there must have been prior small episodes that should have signalled out to him that he's got a problem with his heart but being relatively young and fit people tend to ignore,

In Israel , there's a mobile heart defibrillators, size of a shoe box,  in almost every corner of most neighbourhood just for a situations like this and in my opinion every hotel, shopping centre and all big places where many people are there should keep such machine that can save live in most cases...

A sudden cardiac arrest does it to you, there must have been prior small episodes that should have signalled out to him that he's got a problem with his heart but being relatively young and fit people tend to ignore,

In Israel , there's a mobile heart defibrillators, size of a shoe box,  in almost every corner of most neighbourhood just for a situations like this and in my opinion every hotel, shopping centre and all big places where many people are there should keep such machine that can save live in most cases...

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm stunned by this. Definitely the greatest spin bowler of all time. And that is coming from a Pom who's cricket team he bamboozled on many occasions.

R.I.P Shane, gone too soon.

As a pom I always loved Shane Warne - I used to shout at him when he was out fielding in the Oval to try and wind him up, and he would just turn around and smile ???? the guy was a legend, he would go back in and take 5 English wickets and then just smile back ????
Also did a lot for English cricket too in the south, he is irreplaceable in cricket.
He will be a massive miss to not just Oz and England - to all the cricket world