Human trafficking: Teen 'madam' aged just 15 arrested for offering under 18s for sex on Instagram

webfact

6pm.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption:Teen 'madam' arrested

The chairman of the anti-human trafficking group Ronnasit Foundation, Ronnasit Phreuksayachiwa and Thai police have arrested a 15 year old girl. 

Daily News said that the police have evidence that she offered under 18s for sex on Instagram.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The suspect was taken to the Thanyaburi police station in Pathum Thani after her arrest at a house in that jurisdiction. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-08

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

Just how do they prove this ?  A good lawyer is going to say it was a scam. Heck, sounds like a school project also. Just some techy girl having a bit of a laugh. Going to be hard to prove she actually sold or rented someone.  I sure hope there aren't pictures.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can anybody please explain when prostitution and pimping is considered to be human trafficking?

At least for me human trafficking is something like smuggling humans over borders or something similar.

Both crimes should be punished but as far as I see it they are different. 

Human trafficking is the catch phrase of the moment, that's all. Pimping is different, but call something more serious and it makes better headlines and might result in higher sentences.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can anybody please explain when prostitution and pimping is considered to be human trafficking?

At least for me human trafficking is something like smuggling humans over borders or something similar.

It should be something like across province borders, sure.  Not that this isn't despicable, but I'm one for labelling things accurately and avoiding sensationalism or manipulation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

I doubt it.

It's not poverty. It's just earning money in an easy way. Money to buy the latest iPhone or other' necessary" things in young girl's life.

Similar to students at university in Hostess Services.

It's very common for teenage girls to have children in villages in Issan.

After the boys move on they need money to survive.

• Thanks 1

She is a victim not perpetrator. Catch the ones around her who enabled this environment. Catching a 15 year old as madam will not make a difference. Enable and create more oppurtunities so that youth may able to find the right path not the easiest one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Underage is human trafficking. 

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Agreed, vastly different just read "Slave Girl" by Sarah Forsyth to bring home true horrors of being trafficked/tricked into prostitution with no way out!

6 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Agreed, vastly different just read "Slave Girl" by Sarah Forsyth to bring home true horrors of being trafficked/tricked into prostitution with no way out!

I don't have to read that to imagine it must be bad, really bad.

I am sure many girls, even the underage girls, know exactly what they are doing. I know at that age they shouldn't do that and they have a limited perception of reality and the consequences.

But if a 15 year old girl is willing to sell herself to make money then I wouldn't call that human trafficking. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's to make the women sound more like victims in the press. 

Yeah, I know one of those victims (over 20) who was rescued in Korea. After she returned to Thailand she looked for the next opportunity to return to Korea to make more money - until she will be "rescued" again.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have to read that to imagine it must be bad, really bad.

I am sure many girls, even the underage girls, know exactly what they are doing. I know at that age they shouldn't do that and they have a limited perception of reality and the consequences.

But if a 15 year old girl is willing to sell herself to make money then I wouldn't call that human trafficking. 

I would not call it human trafficking either, but I would still look at the girls/women as victims. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, I know one of those victims (over 20) who was rescued in Korea. After she returned to Thailand she looked for the next opportunity to return to Korea to make more money - until she will be "rescued" again.

The same media/people would claim that companies that build factories in Thailand are 'exploiting" the workers. 

To them, if went to Thailand with an organization to give away other people's money and make people more dependent on handouts, you would be a hero. But if you came to Thailand  and built a factory, hired people, taught them skills, paid them and made them less dependent on handouts, they would despise you. 

• Like 1