Going to the UK and back, WP & daughter : steps & regulations

As the title suggests, I'm here on a Work Permit and want to take my daughter to the UK, and back. I have seen some other threads but now can't find them, also things are changing all the time. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

- mods: feel free to move this to the correct sub-forum

- other members: I hope any content here helps you too

- My daughter has dual citizenship, so she will leave Thailand on her Thai passport and change mid air, as usual

- We are both fully vaxxed, but do we need an extra certificate to show this? Where can I get that? Local amphur?

- the UK appear to allow us in without any test proof or isolation ????????????

- upon return, I will have to get a PCR in the UK before I fly back, unless things change. I will have a re-entry permit and my flight booked.

- I have no idea about a hotel or PCR upon arrival, but this will be in May, so things are highly likely to change by then. Do any AN/TV members have experience of coming back on a Non-B or similar and the 24-hour hotel PCR nonsense?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to all who benefit from members' help. ????????????????????????????????????

As the main part of your query seems to be regarding your return to Thailand, I'll move your post to the Thailand Forum.

The current rules for England are here travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-covid-19, you will need to complete Passenger Locator Forms before you travel.

As you point out the rules could well change before your travels, probably a few times for Thailand.

• Like 1

Do you both have vaccination certificates done here?

You daughter can register on the Mor Prom app to get a international vaccination certificate using here Thai ID number.

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus&hl=en  If a apple dvice search for it on the apple site for apps.

You can also register on it if you have a 13 digit ID number on your certificate frin MOPH.

You may need consent from your daughters mother when you leave the country with her. That can be done at a Amphoe.

When returning to Thailand you both will need a Thailand Pass. See: https://tp.consular.go.th/home

• Like 2

Don't be concered/worried about getting a Thailand Pass. 

The reality is that it's very easy and quick to apply and the documents needed are easy to obtain.

In most cases the approval comes back within a few hours to a couple of days.

On arrival in Thailand yes it's checked again but it's all processed quite quickly (mine all done less than 10 minutes) and into the hotel vehicle (but of course it's wait and see if the process changes or is simplified). 

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

Do you both have vaccination certificates done here?

Yes we're vaxxed here in Thailand with the apps, and paper certs, but in Thai.

Update for the UK, apparently no more need for the travel locator list or whatever they call the thing where you have to tell them where you have been recently. ????