TAT to ease travel regulations in line with new Covid policies

webfact

19 minutes ago, sead said:

Isn't there any station showing how it now looks in Europe regarding masks etc. There's none. Perhaps that would put some pressure on the government

I have travelled recently through 5 european countries and everywhere masks were obligatory.

In one country I was told to change my an ordinary hospital blue mask to a proper PF95 respiratory mask, when boarding long distance couch. 

My vax was checked at checking in at hotel.

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

seems like some people of influence is making huge amounts of money from covid and want it to continue, that is the only conclusion I can come too - it has to be about money

It's always about money.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

seems like some people of influence is making huge amounts of money from covid and want it to continue, that is the only conclusion I can come too - it has to be about money

I just arrived March 10 my Covid test in the USA was $206 my hotel at grand Central point terminal 21 one night when Covic test and a ride from the airport total 150 US I think the people in the US are making the most money

• Like 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

flying anywhere in europe only vax (to austria with a booster).

to thailand - insurance from $20 (to many $k), Thailand pass, hotel+transport from $30, 2pcr (from $40 abroad and $65 in Thailand). Sometimes visa (say from $100) with supporting documents.

Plus logistics of it, when, how. The first time organising it might be a struggle for some.

Would thailand Pass take 3h, 7 days, would be refused for some reason?

If they decide to keep PCR in thailand then most probably they will also keep hotel quarantine and danger of hospitalisation/hospitelasation (the most dreaded by travellers, because forced and expensive in $k, rarely covered by insurance)

YOU can fake the PCR date with photoshop, than all that is left is hotel booking

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, racket said:

the military patrolled the streets and the amount of scams and ripoffs reached its peak

`been here a long time, where was there military patrolling streets? Have never seen this in 20 years... are you sure we are in the same country?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, internationalism said:
  2 hours ago, popabear said:

Drop the medical / covid insurance to travel to Thailand , as I am well over 75 years old and unable to get such insurance and maybe even if I could , it would be totally to expensive to buy. Now I am discriminated against because of my age , by T.A.T on entry to Thailand, which after coming for the past 40 years , really makes me feel sad .   Regards Popa

Try WR Life. 

• Thanks 2

Restrict the number of cases in the country.  Haha!  Too late for that.  When they decided  to let people start coming in back Oct 2021 they let the virus in, and what is the obvious  result?  You have record  numbers of cases of covid and death from it happening now!  Too late just open up already!

Again how can they predict how Covid will be in July.  
But if it’s high or not.  Come to Thailand and have fun.  So what if you get Covid.  At least you got to drink cheap booze and have cheap fun. It’s all that is what matters in life?  
Getting a little off topic.  I was riding from Ekamai back to Asoke this past Tuesday.  I noticed on Sukhumvit that just about every westerner was not wearing a mask.  It’s amazing that people think you can come to another country.  But you don’t have to adhere to the rules.  

4 hours ago, timendres said:

Won't restrict the number of COVID-19 cases in the country, but it will restrict the number of tourists that come.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.  Many countries have a pre-flight testing requirement and I think that's likely to be with us for quite some time.

Edited by KhaoYai