Three people injured, one seriously, after ‘Big Bike’ rider collides with a drunken motorbike sidecar driver in Pattaya

snoop1130

275443883_5149574061772927_60296041138247146_n-696x522.jpg

PHOTO: Sutthipong L Boonmachai

A “big bike” rider has sustained serious injuries after colliding with a motorbike sidecar, whose driver was found to be heavily intoxicated.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident at 11:00 P.M. Wednesday, March 9th, 2022, on Sukhumvit Road near Mueang Pattaya 7 School.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the damaged ‘Big Bike’ lying on the road. The male Thai driver was found unconscious nearby with serious injuries. His female passenger had also sustained various minor injuries.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/11/three-people-injured-one-seriously-after-big-bike-rider-collides-with-a-drunken-motorbike-sidecar-driver-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

37 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

You are correct about how dangerous it is here in regards to how many of the vehicles are running along in the dark without lights, especially tail lights, but to say you don't care about people driving while drunk is not very responsible of you. Do you have any idea how many people are killed every year by intoxicated drivers? Probably a lot more than those who are killed every year as the result of bad lights.

How can I blame others what I do myself? I am not an American.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Henk Langeweg said:

After Dark is Day light, but i understand what you mean.

I have always thought it means when it goes from light to dark, thats after dark

«

Definition of after-dark

: occurring in the hours after nightfall —always used before a noun after-dark activities an after-dark stroll after-dark entertainment.»

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have always thought it means when it goes from light to dark, thats after dark

«

Definition of after-dark

: occurring in the hours after nightfall —always used before a noun after-dark activities an after-dark stroll after-dark entertainment.»

Could be, not my native L. so I must have it from some logic ...

Then another one that keeps me busy sometimes. Wednesday night, well I think I know what they mean by that but my logic tell me it's in the Tuesday/ wednesday period, because the day (name day at least) begins with the night. Confused? I am ...

So, where can i pick up my Grammer Nazi certificate.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Could be, not my native L. so I must have it from some logic ...

Then another one that keeps me busy sometimes. Wednesday night, well I think I know what they mean by that but my logic tell me it's in the Tuesday/ wednesday period, because the day (name day at least) begins with the night. Confused? I am ...

So, where can i pick up my Grammer Nazi certificate.

Wednesday night comes comes before wednesday evening ? ????

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Wednesday night comes comes before wednesday evening ? ????

At least not after, according to logic because that will be a Thursday (night) ...

That's why I do not believe/trust AI.

Edited by Henk Langeweg

My best guess, the motorbike had to high speed, and did not pay attention, or did not care to prepare for the motorbike with sidecar would or could make an unpredictable maneuver! With lights or no lights you should be ready for everything and anything, at any possible direction and even the impossible.

Thai driving survival skills upgrade needed, and also refill of luckbox needed. 

53 minutes ago, blackshadow said:
4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They are not illegal. Riding in the sidecar is illegal. But whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

so why ALL the LAWS/RULES????

That question and your very small number of posts indicate that you are new to Thailand. The laws are there but they are rarely if ever enforced because the police get paid whether they enforce them or not. And, if they ever are enforced, it is done selectively, based on the lawbreaker's position in society and/or how much money they have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Meanwhile, back on subject; intoxicated drivers are only discovered AFTER the event.  Pattaya police are too busy raiding 'restaurants' to prevent road deaths.

They don't do proactive or preventative round here.