Local residents complain about alleged unsafe road in Pattaya after multiple vehicles fall into a ditch

snoop1130

275384696_3038202183176484_8450481373353174120_n-696x392.jpg

Following multiple vehicles falling into a roadside ditch after recent separate accidents in the Pattaya area, local residents complained to TPN media and other local press looking for support.

Reporters received complaints from locals that the road in Soi Wat Tonkrarok or Soi Rong Poa Khao Maikaew 23 is not safe.

The road is new but no there is no guardrail or barriers to prevent accidents, including at precarious parts of the roadway. Multiple cars and trucks have fallen into a ditch which is about five meters deep and borders parts of the road, including at a sharp curve. A road cone, seen below, is the only “barrier”.

275402978_3038201933176509_7119107764937936839_n.jpg

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/11/local-residents-complain-about-alleged-unsafe-road-in-pattaya-after-multiple-vehicles-fall-into-a-ditch/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are holes and ditches all over the city now.  The problem is they do not properly warn drivers or properly block off/transition these problem areas.  In western countries people would be collecting big time on law suits against a city.  Here, it means nothing you will be lucky if they pull you out of the ditch without a fee.  Bottom line, keep your head on a swivel there are these type of pitfalls everywhere.

Another issue is the road may get finished but the drainage or edge barrier just appear to get forgotten..... and can be a danger for months on end... have one near my house like that...... the original crime scene tape has long gone!

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So the road users need barriers to stay on the road, as they not capable of staying on the tarmac and will drive into the ditches?

[Rhetorical]

It happens, and at night is more of a danger, street lighting is not always present. I don't use my bike at night for many reasons..... a pity those vehicles without lights don't do similar. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I know where this is and just the other day I passed it thinking I wonder when the first Thai driver will end up in that ditch?

Lol.

You would have to be a complete muppet that couldn't drive to end up in the ditch btw.

I also live close to the notorious Ditch.

If there is one thing guaranteed in Thailand about their Drivers, its that they all go looking for an accident.

This ditch is just too big to be ignored by them 

• Like 2

I always think, when reading these road incident reports, that it would be a great service to readers if they reported the coordinates of, or a Google reference to, the site. Trying to work out where it is from transliterated street names and districts is a nightmare and often impossible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

I always think, when reading these road incident reports, that it would be a great service to readers if they reported the coordinates of, or a Google reference to, the site. Trying to work out where it is from transliterated street names and districts is a nightmare and often impossible. 

agree 100 percent...........