Not all daily fatalities attributed to Covid-19 infections mainly caused by the infection, Thailand’s Public Health Ministry says

webfact

3 minutes ago, blazes said:

The argument over "with" or "of" Covid has been active for most of the pandemic, but now that several countries are beginning to "confess" to this kind of double counting, let's hope the ....er....truth will come out all over the world and some re-calculation of the numbers will be attempted.  

It may yet turn out that we have suffered the lockdown $hite for no very good reason.

Hindsight is 20-20.

But I would not say for 'no very good reason'. The dangers of the early variants were very real......

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, stereolab said:

All Covid related deaths should also show, the age of the deceased and, any and all other diseases they were suffering from, eg Male,86, liver  and heart disease

Those plus fat, diabetes, cancer etc.  But fat above all.

just as number of infections is much higher, just not enough testing being done, so is with mortality.

Judging from what I have seen at th local hospital, where majority are for covid.

Myself I went for mild lung infection (I am post omicron already), but was automatically pushed into covid ward and diagnosed with some random condition.

4 hours ago, stereolab said:

All Covid related deaths should also show, the age of the deceased and, any and all other diseases they were suffering from, eg Male,86, liver  and heart disease.

Why... you are worse than insurance companies, Sounds like you want to deny Covid kills and allocate another reason... why do you want to do that?

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

and not only that, but admit that current omicron death figures are actually lower (according to data I have seen) than the normal influenza death figures in Thailand the past which means all these continued precautions are utterly unjustified. 

Or possibly Covid measures and behaviors are keeping the numbers down. Some justification there and confirmation they work.

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or possibly Covid measures and behaviors are keeping the numbers down. Some justification there and confirmation they work.

I doubt it. It's pretty intuitive that Covid is transmitted mainly at home amongst family members. Nobody wears a mask at home. See the loophole that renders all country-wide preventive measures useless?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I doubt it. It's pretty intuitive that Covid is transmitted mainly at home amongst family members. Nobody wears a mask at home. See the loophole that renders all country-wide preventive measures useless?

Presumptive, a lot of spreading was allotted to schools opening too. Also sporting events were labelled super spreading events. The idea was families created their own bubble early on. Country wide measures have saved many lives.

10 hours ago, blazes said:

The argument over "with" or "of" Covid has been active for most of the pandemic, but now that several countries are beginning to "confess" to this kind of double counting, let's hope the ....er....truth will come out all over the world and some re-calculation of the numbers will be attempted.  

It may yet turn out that we have suffered the lockdown $hite for no very good reason.

With or of is a good point, heart attack death and they had COVID, definitely with but a lot of conditions like diabetes etc, COVID can likely be a contributing factor. A lot of underlying conditions can be lived with for many years but COVID just pushes them over the edge. Must remember COVID does not just cause lung problems, it can cause many other problems leading to organ failure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why... you are worse than insurance companies, Sounds like you want to deny Covid kills and allocate another reason... why do you want to do that?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I fully understand that COVID kills, I took the injections as suggested, all 3 now. However, let us call these deaths correctly, so WITH rather than OF.  

The Economist has periodically been updating their COVID death estimates both globally and by country, including in current time into 2022. They estimate Thailand has had 59,540 COVID deaths since April 1, 2020 -- almost three times the officially reported number. Worldwide, they're estimating that global COVID deaths are just about three times the official tally of about 6 million.

It's a matter of UNDER counting COVID deaths, not overcounting them.

1865396988_2022-03-10THexcessdeathsviaTheEconomistC.jpg.f288ccef9e9006c3d8220d1a5e4a1957.jpg

1812083239_2022-03-10THexcessdeathsviaTheEconomistB.jpg.60c8ad7773f57a2f00a79e9c797004c3.jpg

1313251041_2022-03-10THexcessdeathsviaTheEconomistA.jpg.f3296445e5bbe245b1f7dac36e060de2.jpg

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stereolab said:

I fully understand that COVID kills, I took the injections as suggested, all 3 now. However, let us call these deaths correctly, so WITH rather than OF.  

Doesn't matter, we needed some metric to keep tabs on where this was going, what was working or not. Denial of the metrics, or changing them mid stream, is muddying the waters, and in some cases a deliberate attempt to quell the reality. Death certificates do not have the extra columns for 'with a mole on his nose'!

9 hours ago, ed strong said:

Over 2 years of this and people still believe this myth? Either that or deliberately promote fake news.

"If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics?:uri=aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics

• Like 1