at 40 , it was 42 , live overseas somewhere tropical,

see the World , loved my job ,self employed all my life,

So at 42 was not sure if I had enough to retire on, no

idea what the future held, but did it anyway,now 76

I guess I had , have more than I retired with, 

Regards worgeordie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

but if you wore a condom ,you would not catch anything,job done????

My best friend in college who was not promiscuous had a condom break on him. Dead in his 20s.

Also remember in the early years we didn't even understand what it was.

• Like 1

If someone had told the younger me, about to start university at 16, just what the following 40 years of my life would be like, I'd have been very happy.  And, at 56, still am.  Hopefully the next 40 are just as good.

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My best friend in college who was not promiscuous had a condom break on him. Dead in his 20s.

I lived in SF Bay area 1985-90. You can make all the plans you want and, if something like AIDS comes along, those plans can go right out the window.

Case in Point: Arthur Ashe.

http://www.espn.com/classic/s/moment020206-ashe-pneumonia.html

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have had a wonderful life , no complaints ,no regrets , I worked out what i wanted my life to be when 10 - 12 years old, work hard ,accrue enough money to retire at 40

Geez, wish I had that foresight.  I was a party happy mess till around 35, and enough money was pay the bills and eat.  Who needs extra ????  Working only 2 or 3 days a week did that, so 4 or 5 days of chilling was my usual.  Not having kids made being irresponsible easy.

Not exactly working toward my goal of retirement though.  Didn't get serious till about 38-40 yrs old, and taught myself stock trading.  5 yrs later, and married #3 & building a house in Thailand.  

Skip the S, D & RR, and could have done that at 25 yrs old.  Was a fun 25-30 years though.  Luckily no ill effect on my body, and gave it break the past 17 yrs.  Figured 50 was a good round number to start acting my age. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Its funny you say that ,because i was ill once and had had unprotected sex many times, ,and i went to the local hospital on talking to the nurse i said i was afraid i had aids ,they all panicked until she asked me who i had had sex with and i replied girls,wherupon she said ,well you havnt got that ,go and sit down the doctor will see you soon, i wore condoms after that though . 

59 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Its funny you say that ,because i was ill once and had had unprotected sex many times, ,and i went to the local hospital on talking to the nurse i said i was afraid i had aids ,they all panicked until she asked me who i had had sex with and i replied girls,wherupon she said ,well you havnt got that ,go and sit down the doctor will see you soon, i wore condoms after that though . 

My best pal died of AIDs around 2 years back.

He only had unprotected sex with women.

Sounds like nursey was a little ignorant.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Or had a few ladyboys

We used to go on sex tourist holidays romance travels together (3 Brits + 1 Aussie), Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand. In 10 years I never saw him have any interest in guys dressed as girls. And we hit a lot of hooker places together. We had some amazing adventures!

Nope, I'm convinced he caught it having straight unprotected sex with women.

Up to you if you believe it or not, but it sure spoiled the 'unprotected sex' for the three of us who survived him.

Edited by BritManToo

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

We used to go on sex tourist holidays romance travels together (3 Brits + 1 Aussie), Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand. In 10 years I never saw him have any interest in guys dressed as girls. And we hit a lot of hooker places together. We had some amazing adventures!

Up to you if you believe it or not, but it sure spoiled the 'unprotected sex' for the three of us who survived him.

Anal with women

Funny to reflect how many posts reflect on sex as the be all and end all.

We all like sex, I think, but it's never been the sole focus of my life

I've had a good, had/do get my fair share of sex

But as I reflect in the final chapter.;

My kids are the greatest thing in my life, although I wish one of them could produce a grandkid before we are both in diapers

I've travelled the world, both for work and pleasure.

I love my Thai wife, American ex-wife, US daughters, Thai son.

I couldn't have thought for a second when I was 18 this is how my life would have panned out.

But we all muddle through and it all kinda worked for me

Edited by GinBoy2

46 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

If I were restricted from eating strawberries (or only allowed one a month), I'd probably obsess about them too.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, Sparktrader said:

Us masters no

Wimbledon no

F1 gp win no

Everest top no

0/4 

I met a Brit in Phuket who climbed Everest.

Funny, I couldn't find his name on the comprehensive lists of those who have achieved it.

(I can confirm Bear Grills was there)

18 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I was a regular blood donor for many years as a young man until Aids came along and the Red Cross decided all men (regardless of sexual orientation) were likely carriers and for a time were banned from donating. Stung by the insult, I fell out of the habit and didn't donate again for many years . When I discovered I had a genetic blood condition that can only be treated by regular donation, my body had already been damaged to the extent that I am now in a wheelchair. 

I would have, unwittingly, continued treatment for my condition if not for the Aids epidemic and would have had a much different retirement.

Yes and no. I've achieved a lot in my life, in hindsight I was probably sublimating a very strong sex drive into other forms of work and play. There is no point to listing my achievements, most would not understand them and think I was boasting. Suffice to say the last time I had any debt was 1974.

I had my share of financial disasters with Western women, and survived them. If I had my time over again, no relationship with any Australian woman would have lasted more than 11 months.

When I came to Thailand about 12 years ago, I was like a kid let loose in a lolly shop. Still am, although I have slowed down considerably.

I am the low-achiever in a family of high-achievers such as (in the US pre-Covid) one might say to another:

What are we doing this weekend?

Not much.

Let's go to Rome.

If they had a house in Thailand (probably a villa in Phuket) it would likely be their second or  third. And many of them would be identifiable, if not by name, then by circumstance.

So rural Thailand fits me just fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The odds of acquiring HIV from women are exactly the same as acquiring it from men, when unprotected anal sex is involved.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My best pal died of AIDs around 2 years back.

He only had unprotected sex with women.

Sounds like nursey was a little ignorant.

this was in a town in England many years ago ,not here in Thailand , at that time i had never ever been to Thailand ,and really had only really read about hiv,thought only gay men got it ,then i read that women could catch it ,as at the time i was very promiscuose i was worried that i had it, but luckily i never have  

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've had a good, had/do get my fair share of sex

But as I reflect in the final chapter.;

My kids are the greatest thing in my life, although I wish one of them could produce a grandkid before we are both in diapers

I've travelled the world, both for work and pleasure.

I love my Thai wife, American ex-wife, US daughters, Thai son.

I couldn't have thought for a second when I was 18 this is how my life would have panned out.

But we all muddle through and it all kinda worked for me

No man ever, lying on his deathbed said....."Oh Lord, I was I had never slept with so many women"

34 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

No man ever, lying on his deathbed said....."Oh Lord, I was I had never slept with so many women"

You think BM2's friend who died of AIDS caught from a woman didn't wish he had slept with fewer?

Edited by Grecian

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Depends on select group, nation etc.

HIV does not care if the infected person is white, brown, yellow, black or polka-dot.

If you are saying HIV infections are more prevalent in some nationalities or ethnicities, no argument from me. Probably still rife in Africa, as the infected person has very limited access to therapies, and condoms are scorned by males there.

Just now, Lacessit said:

HIV does not care if the infected person is white, brown, yellow, black or polka-dot.

If you are saying HIV infections are more prevalent in some nationalities or ethnicities, no argument from me. Probably still rife in Africa, as the infected person has very limited access to therapies, and condoms are scorned by males there.

Hookers in Cambodia far higher risk than some average woman in NZ.