Covid extensions after March 25?

On 3/15/2022 at 5:51 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Word is the start of the next term will be delayed a month or so due to Covid, as it was last year.

I have heard none of that from my current school, my old school, my teacher friends or online.

I'm not only hoping to be back in class but see no reason dates need be pushed back.

Off topic, sorry

On 3/29/2022 at 11:29 AM, audaciousnomad said:

Only Visa Exempt and Tourist Visa can be extended under covid extension program.

I've had 10x Covid-19 extensions all based on my Non-O visa from Feb 2020. 

3 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I've had 10x Covid-19 extensions all based on my Non-O visa from Feb 2020. 

How did you last enter Thailand.

When did you obtain your current covid extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you last enter Thailand.

When did you obtain your current covid extension. 

TM6=11 Feb 2020 (a land border)
18th March 2022/19 Jan 2022/19 Nov 2021 etc.
Going to collect the full stamp on Monday (return again tomorrow 2nd April = weekend)

Edited by rbkk
dates

11 minutes ago, rbkk said:

TM6=11 Feb 2020 (a land border)
18th March 2022/19 Jan 2022/19 Nov 2021 etc.
Going to collect the full stamp on Monday (return again tomorrow 2nd April = weekend)

So if I'm reading this correctly ... you entered Thailand 11/02/2020 with a valid non O.

Since then have not exited Thailand and been obtaining amnesty and covid extensions since that time.

The CE of interest is the one that you obtained after January 25.

Namely 18/03/2022.

This is after the order that excluded those that entered with a non O.

Which immigration office? 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office? 

On 3/18/2022 at 3:32 PM, rbkk said:
On 3/18/2022 at 3:23 PM, Ohyesuare said:

What immigration office was this?

Due to a strong likelyhood of many problem cases besieging that office I hope you can understand my wishing not to make it public as I have been using it without any problems for over 23 years. If your local office is not following the same guidelines there are more appropriate channels to persue than me announcing where to run to. I hope you can understand my cautious approach.

Here was my answer to the same question 2 weeks ago from page 2 of this same thread. I have not received any call or notification to say I will not be approved and the due date to return is tomorrow 2nd April 2022. I will visit on Monday due to the weekend.

You state this....

"I have not received any call or notification to say I will not be approved and the due date to return is tomorrow 2nd April 2022."

Don't worry your application would not have been processed and given an under consideration to then be rejected.

Unless there are other similar experiences at other offices I put your covid extension as a mistake.

Some folk having entered on a non O are doing visa runs as the understanding is CE not available to them.

Need further reports from various immigration offices to see if CE is currently available to them. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You state this....

"I have not received any call or notification to say I will not be approved and the due date to return is tomorrow 2nd April 2022."

Don't worry your application would not have been processed and given an under consideration to then be rejected.

Unless there are other similar experiences at other offices I put your covid extension as a mistake.

Some folk having entered on a non O are doing visa runs as the understanding is CE not available to them.

Need further reports from various immigration offices to see if CE is currently available to them. 

I read what was a, in my opinion, credible report that someone on a non O was able to obtain a CE in Bangkok this week but only after a long period and much pleading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I previously stated the blue receipts they issue are numbered so as to be able to see the number of extensions issued by that office. 22 were issued in the 60 days prior to mine. 66 in the 60 days prior to that (Possibly due to a new annexed office reducing the workload) I feel it's highly likely that some of those were for Non-O's, not all only for Visa Exempt and Tourist Visa's.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, at15 said:

Hey guys for the last hold outs still tourists in thailand how are covid extensions going this time? What office you use? Any waiting period? Thanks.

Might assist if you mention current location

I always extended my Corona visa at Pattaya, but it was crowded and for getting the consideration stamp again, I have to go back to the immigration office, its troublesome. I am now in Udon Thani. If I extend my visa here, do I still have to go back to the immigration office for the stamp? 

2 hours ago, ninjabkk said:

I always extended my Corona visa at Pattaya, but it was crowded and for getting the consideration stamp again, I have to go back to the immigration office, its troublesome. I am now in Udon Thani. If I extend my visa here, do I still have to go back to the immigration office for the stamp? 

I think most offices do the under consideration thing but there are some that consistently don't like Koh Samui I think. Make sure you've done a TM30 for your Udon Thani residence either way before you go.

4 hours ago, ninjabkk said:

Can u please let us know how u get on in Udon than Immigration.i was also using jomtien but 4 trips to immigration is a bit to much, I'm looking for another option. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to CW today to apply for my third (and last) covid extension. My present one expires May 04. I will be out of town around that time so figured to get it done now - since, as I understand it, the new extension starts at the expiry of the previous one, not when you apply.

All went well until they told me I have to return to immigration on May 19th. Mai kow jai? I thought they were giving me a 60 day. They said yes but now they only do a 30 day, then I have to come back to get my passport stamped (no paperwork, no extra money) for the last 30 days.

I told them I would be out of town on the 19 th and asked if I could come on the 18th instead. Cannot. However, I could come within a week after the 19th.

The stamp in my passport is different from previous ones.. “Application of stay is under consideration Applicant must contact again in person”.

Do they take some perverse pleasure messing with our heads .. and by they I mean the government. I have always found the staff at CW to be very helpful and patient.

I figure I must have missed information posted here about this. I have a flight home booked for July 01, just under the 60 day extension I was expecting ( from May 04 ), so fingers crossed when I go back for my final stamp the proper dates will apply.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Des1 said:

I went to CW today to apply for my third (and last) covid extension. My present one expires May 04. I will be out of town around that time so figured to get it done now - since, as I understand it, the new extension starts at the expiry of the previous one, not when you apply.

All went well until they told me I have to return to immigration on May 19th. Mai kow jai? I thought they were giving me a 60 day. They said yes but now they only do a 30 day, then I have to come back to get my passport stamped (no paperwork, no extra money) for the last 30 days.

I told them I would be out of town on the 19 th and asked if I could come on the 18th instead. Cannot. However, I could come within a week after the 19th.

The stamp in my passport is different from previous ones.. “Application of stay is under consideration Applicant must contact again in person”.

Do they take some perverse pleasure messing with our heads .. and by they I mean the government. I have always found the staff at CW to be very helpful and patient.

I figure I must have missed information posted here about this. I have a flight home booked for July 01, just under the 60 day extension I was expecting ( from May 04 ), so fingers crossed when I go back for my final stamp the proper dates will apply.

They did away with the "under consideration" nonsense in Bangkok for some time, but it seems to be back - yours isn't the first recent report of them doing that. Pity, really, as it's just a waste of time. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

@Des1 you should have the same as me. I went to imm on 3 March while current expiry was 14 March. They gave under consideration stamp until 31 March. I went in on 28 March and got the full 60 days from my original 14 March expiry, so until 13 May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

If you actually went on the 18th, you might be lucky. It all depends on whether the paperwork has been returned to them in time. They certainly are not going to tell you that the 18th will be OK, but there is a good chance you would be OK.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Des1 said:

wow... that is good to hear. We stress out about theses things, and for no reason, if they would just make things clear at the outset. Anyway, thanks aussiexpat for the info.

Yes, I stressed that I only got under consideration for 28 days instead of 30, stressed that they said must come back 31 March only, but came back 28 March becaise didn't want to be overstay, accepted it 3 days early though no problem...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you actually went on the 18th, you might be lucky. It all depends on whether the paperwork has been returned to them in time. They certainly are not going to tell you that the 18th will be OK, but there is a good chance you would be OK.

Completely agree - I went through a very similar experience in December - I went in a day earlier & 5 minutes later walked out with my 60 days - Dated from when my current permission to stay ended.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your replies. They told me it would be ok to return after the date on my passport, so that is my plan.

26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

7 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Completely agree - I went through a very similar experience in December - I went in a day earlier & 5 minutes later walked out with my 60 days - Dated from when my current permission to stay ended.

• 4 weeks later...

So went to do my +60 day covid extension at CW yesterday and all smooth with nothing asked as usual but one big setback. The officer told me kindly that they have changed the policy recently and now they give you a 3 week "under consideration" stamp and you have to come back in 3 weeks to get it signed to get the +60. They said the extension is already confirmed so no worries but you have to come back in 3 weeks. 

They really taking the <deleted> with this. Just another pointless visit for no real reason. I guess there's no other choice than to go back but it takes 3-5 hrs off my day and I will be leaving to Europe 2 weeks after that stamp needs to be signed so quite a bummer. 

Everyone else had this same experience now? 

The current 17th extension of the long-running COVID Emergency Decree runs through 31 May.

It feels like this may be extended at least one more time through the end of July; just a guess on my part. (Death rate, school reopening)

Maybe this will be decided/announced this week?

If so, and there is no direct linkage, but I'd expect the COVID extensions to continue (through 24 July?) as well. Again pure speculation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The current 17th extension of the long-running COVID Emergency Decree runs through 31 May.

It feels like this may be extended at least one more time through the end of July; just a guess on my part. (Death rate, school reopening)

Maybe this will be decided/announced this week?

If so, and there is no direct linkage, but I'd expect the COVID extensions to continue (through 24 July?) as well. Again pure speculation.

We'll find out soon enough. It's just a week away.