Shocked to see the Ruble trading at 96 to 33 THB.

Yeah, let’s talk about currencies today:  Ruble way up.  USD way down—despite the Fed meeting affirming first of seven projected rate increases for the remainder of this year.  And for next meeting, the Fed will reduce their securities balance sheet.  But somehow, Risk On wins the day with traders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

What do you consider way down ?

Sun 33.32 ... Tues 33.56 ... now 33.28 

1 Jan 2022 ... 33.19

18 Mar 2021 ... 30.69

Hope this downward trend continues through next year, might be down to 35.87 ????

30.69 ... 18 Mar 2021

33.28 ... 17 Mar 2022

35.87 ... 17 Mar 2023

33.23 at the moment.  That’s down from 33.52 24 hours ago. I rest my case.  Perhaps you need glasses.

14 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Shares in Russian undertakers is a safe bet right now the rubble who cares a flying ???? 

Same with Hong Kongs mortuaries.  They seem to be doing a death filled job right now thanks to Covid.

• Haha 1

I bought a substantial amount of ruble.  I posted on another thread about it.  Most members poked fun at me.

I also bought a substantial amount of AUD on the assumption it would rally due to its links to the commodities markets.  I started a thread on that topic as well.  Everyone trolled me on that thread except for Sparktrader.  But it is cricket singing quiet now that I am correct both regarding both the ruble and the AUD.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

As long as USA keeps printing valueless $$$, no manipulation needed.

They’re not doing QE anymore.  The US Federal Reserve raised interest rates yesterday for the first time since 2018.  With more raises scheduled for every month this year.  Next month, they will begin to reduce their security balance sheet.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

33.23 at the moment.  That’s down from 33.52 24 hours ago. I rest my case.  Perhaps you need glasses.

You've got to be kidding.  Dropping from 33.52 to 33.23 is 'way down'?  Alert me when it hits 28--that would be 'way down' in my book.  Meanwhile, I'm quite happy with its stability.  It was 32 and change when I arrived 11 years ago.  Today it's 33 and change.  As another poster mentioned, I'm also happy when it stays above 30--which it mostly has.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The world's reserve currency is valueless? I think 'valueless' better applies to your opinion.

The USA is literally borrowing money, to pay the interest, on the debt they already have. And that's only what they claim ... shh

image.png.74267263b7b8cd09826c38d2a5250af4.png

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The USA is literally borrowing money, to pay the interest, on the debt they already have. And that's only what they claim ... shh

image.png.74267263b7b8cd09826c38d2a5250af4.png

And this is relevant why? Do you understand what the dollar being the world's reserve currency means? It means, among other things, that it's definitely not valueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And this is relevant why? Do you understand what the dollar being the world's reserve currency means? It means, among other things, that it's definitely not valueless.

And if Central Banking was to 'call' everyone's loans.   Bankruptcies of most nations, defaults, and Central Banking would be out of business.

Just raise the debt ceiling in countries worldwide.  It IS nothing but a scam.

Central Banking ... the true puppeteers.

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And if Central Banking was to 'call' everyone's loans.   Bankruptcies of most nations, defaults, and Central Banking would be out of business.

Just raise the debt ceiling in countries worldwide.  It IS nothing but a scam.

Central Banking ... the true puppeteers.

And who exactly is "Central Banking"? And what does it mean for them to call in their loans? Exchange their bonds for cash?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

And who exactly is "Central Banking"? And what does it mean for them to call in their loans? Exchange their bonds for cash?

Seriously ... and here I thought you were quite intelligent ... occasionally ????

Half the regime changes were for IMF and all the future debit interest to be made.  Google what countries weren't in the Central Banking, and past regime changes, say just the last 20-30-40 yrs.   I don't believe in coincidences. 

Google is your friend.  Since asking, would take me way too long to explain it, and as I state, they ARE the puppeteers.  Understanding that, Davos, Bilderburg G., Rothschilds and the markets, and you'll realize how much of a scam, everything is.   

Although once realizing that, you can make a sh!t load of money from your keyboard.

Edited by KhunLA