Plans underway for no-mask requirement in Thailand’s public parks

webfact

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Six weeks ago...admittedly a mixed-message.

MOPH Confirms No Legal Obligations For People To Wear Face Masks

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Public Health Minister confirmed that there are no laws forcing people to wear face masks, but he also sought cooperation from all parties, including Thai citizens and overseas tourists, in order to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 outbreak.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220203155951127

very very mixed it is/was too

South Korea: new daily record Covid cases (621000)

Hong Kong and China, Covid on the rise

Germany close to 300000 cases

In Thailand, every few minutes I can hear an ambulance.

A friend who works in a Spa told me: her boss, Covid, 2 colleagues Covid, her friend in a village, Covid.

Another friend has Covid.

Plenty of people infected but none has reported it and they try to sit it out at home.

Thailand today new daily record and this is not talking about the ATK test and non reported cases and suddenly they want to open everything up again.

What are business owners and normal thai people who lost their income thinking???
When there were 5000 cases, total panic, close schools, shoppings, restaurants...

Now daily records and all seems to be fine.

The reason is: Thailand needs tourist money and this ASAP

The Chinese are not coming.

Ruskys.... well.

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I love all the people walking alone outside with masks or with partner, or on motorbikes...then unmask in busy venues immediately.

the amount of brainwashing it took to get people to believe the boogeyman has different rules inside and outside...

Exactly! Masks are useless outside, unless people are very close to each other. Probably even more useless in Thailand because of high temperature and UVs.

However, in closed places where people are staying rather close to each other, such as bars and restaurants, It's quite possible to be contaminated.

• Like 1

Every time I see these mask announcements, I'm reminded how, over the last year in the US, there have been millions of people sitting elbow to elbow, screaming  and maskless in sports and entertainment venues every week. They also dropped the mask requirement in public schools here a month ago so I am waiting to see outcomes if any. So far, no increased reporting's.

2 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Every time I see these mask announcements, I'm reminded how, over the last year in the US, there have been millions of people sitting elbow to elbow, screaming  and maskless in sports and entertainment venues every week. They also dropped the mask requirement in public schools here a month ago so I am waiting to see outcomes if any. So far, no increased reporting's.

As of this past Monday the Schools in Riverside County went mask less, and there have only been a slight uptick in cases there.  As I understand it most of us will eventually come down with the Omicron variant, the stealth variant or the new BA.2.2.  It is a <deleted> shoot but as long as one is vaccinated and boosted then you might not become very ill, but it is still a possibility as you can see by the daily numbers of those admitted to the hospitals, those in serious condition and those on ventilators as well as the number of deaths increasing.  All one can do is to do their best to stay safe.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Metapod said:

i never wear mask in park and avoid wearing outside as much as possible.

Try again and try to look at true stories and not the fake ones and the myths.  It is ultimately your choice but at least follow the real information.

https://www.cnet.com/health/8-covid-19-mask-myths-to-stop-believing-today/

Thailand today reported its highest daily COVID death toll of the year, with 77 new fatalities, and also a new record for the year of more than 1,400 COVID patients hospitalized in serious condition. The day's tally of official new cases at 25,456 also was near the country's record high for the year.

I've never thought requiring masks in public parks was a particularly necessary measure. But elsewhere and otherwise, Thailand is still in the COVID thick of things, and there's no sign as yet that the situation has peaked and started getting better.  No matter how many people here complain they're "tired" of COVID.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, userabcd said:

If they visit the parks they will see that many are already not wearing masks.

Exactly most are not masking. I haven't ever worn a mask in a park or on a beach...ever. 

• Like 2

It's time to end this stupidity to be forced to ware mask everywhere. It just doesn't help anyone or anything waring mask outdoors or in your car or when driving your motorbike. 

Indoors it's different and still useful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I run in the parks most mornings and people generally dont wear their masks anyway when walking or running in the parks.

I cycle every day and never wear a mask unless I go into a store..

I can relate to getting some protection from others by wearing a good mask in confined indoor spaces but outside in a park, on the beach etc <deleted> are they thinking, well they are not thinking are they. 

Scaremongering along with a large percentage of the general public, I mean read down this column and you will read support for the mask wearing in a park ??? 2 years ago this would have been total laughing stock and despite covid I still feel the same way. Crazy doesnt even come close to describing it. 

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

at this stage it should no longer be a requirement to wear one anywhere, period!

There are rather a lot more higher authorities than you in this land, despite what you might think. 

Wearing a quality face mask when you're indoors and in proximity to other people has clearly been proven to reduce the risk of spreading COVID.... Good if you're at least wearing a quality mask. Better if all those around you are as well.

Outdoors and in open spaces, if you're not close surrounded by others, less of a concern.

As an age 60 plus person, I wouldn't be caught dead in Thailand right now indoors in a restaurant or bar surrounded by other people, wearing a mask or not. And the fact people are allowed to congregate like that is just asking to spead the virus.

In case anyone was paying attention today, Thailand set another new record for the year with 80 COVID deaths for the most recent day, and the most new "official" daily cases for 2022 at more than 27,000.  And the government's predictions are both numbers are likely to increase substantially during at least the coming month.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wearing a quality face mask when you're indoors and in proximity to other people has clearly been proven to reduce the risk of spreading COVID.... Good if you're at least wearing a quality mask. Better if all those around you are as well.

Outdoors and in open spaces, if you're not close surrounded by others, less of a concern.

As an age 60 plus person, I wouldn't be caught dead in Thailand right now indoors in a restaurant or bar surrounded by other people, wearing a mask or not. And the fact people are allowed to congregate like that is just asking to spead the virus.

In case anyone was paying attention today, Thailand set another new record for the year with 80 COVID deaths for the most recent day, and the most new "official" daily cases for 2022 at more than 27,000.  And the government's predictions are both numbers are likely to increase substantially during at least the coming month.

You can only slow the pandemic but it will nevertheless move on sooner or later.

2 hours ago, rabang said:

You can only slow the pandemic but it will nevertheless move on sooner or later.

ya, like this projection from the Thai MoPH on Friday that daily COVID deaths could increase to between about 140 and more than 250 per day in the coming weeks, up from their current level of about 80.

276165786.jpg.dc6fc97d9f4fab53f7e0d9326bb16266.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/524336239184705/?type=3

A lot of people are potentially going to be "moving on"...

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

ya, like this projection from the Thai MoPH on Friday that daily COVID deaths could increase to between about 140 and more than 250 per day in the coming weeks, up from their current level of about 80.

276165786.jpg.dc6fc97d9f4fab53f7e0d9326bb16266.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/524336239184705/?type=3

A lot of people are potentially going to be "moving on"...

It will happen inevitably, get used to it. Let's see what China is trying. Desperately.

52 minutes ago, rabang said:

It will happen inevitably,

No, it's not inevitable at all...

You're ignoring the green line on the MoPH chart that projects they could keep daily deaths at about the current level or less moving forward....

....if, they toughened local COVID regulations and increased the current lagging pace of vaccinations, particularly boosters.  But apparently, that's not a road the current government is willing or likely to travel.

So, more people will die by choice.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, toston said:

So, someone woke up and has been thinking: "hey. we are doing so well with omicron here, let's remove masks to try to look as idiots as the retards in the west !"....

Happy to see that many of you agree with the only truth !