‘Big Bike’ rider dies after crashing into Chonburi bridge

snoop1130

275945938_3505388316251750_6105634269376007487_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Nong Maidang Rescue

A big bike rider has been pronounced dead after crashing into a bridge in the Mueang Chonburi district.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at the ‘Bang Sai New Bridge’ in the Bang Sai sub-district earlier this week.

They arrived at the scene to find an unidentified man aged around 30 lying on the bridge road. He had sustained severe head injuries and had not been wearing a protective helmet. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead upon arrival. Near his body rescue workers found his damaged 650 cc motorbike.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/17/big-bike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-chonburi-bridge/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-17

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Another thing that troubles me is eye protection, I wear my sunnies day time and clear safety glasses at night. Bloody annoying, those bugs in your eyes, also a concern traveling at speed a good size bug will take your eye out. 

As I told a visiting friend who wanted to ride without eye protection... just one of those silly helmets that come with the bike. Take my spare sunglasses, else you will get hit in the eye by a bug... they are the size or walnuts here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My son has lived in Thailand nigh on 20 years & drives a big bike; always with a helmet.  One day a hairy spider the size of a plate crawled across his glasses. His emergency stop was spectacular.

Yes, every now and again I have a scratching spell at a junction.... mosquitoes and such like the sweaty black innards of a helmet. A toad in my shoe once produced a spectacular river dance from me. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, every now and again I have a scratching spell at a junction.... mosquitoes and such like the sweaty black innards of a helmet. A toad in my shoe once produced a spectacular river dance from me. 

I once played a game of squash and was discomforted by my shoes. Eventually I took them off and discovered a large frog which hopped out none the worse for wear. Getting it out of the court took an age.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Looking at the lack of damage to the bike he simply toppled over..... 

No helmet.....    this was probably nothing more than a minor scrape until his helmet-less head hit something hard.... 

Size of bike is irrelevant other than the ‘cat-nip-effect’ whenever ‘big-bike’ is mentioned (we’re not allowed to write click-bait anymore).

And as you will note the number plate is tucked well up under the seat so that is cannot be read when the bike is in the normal riding position. Common practice by many big bike riders. 

• Like 1

A bird the size of a pheasant hit me in the face and chest the other day. I was doing about 80km/h and had my visor down and my padded riding jacket on...

Still, was a bit of a shock and I stopped to check if the bird was ok but no sign of it. I had mild discomfort with a bruise on my chest the next day.

13 hours ago, topt said:

You must be a "hansum" man then..........:smile:

Must have been beauce i had something big and red that was throbbing between my legs

Must have been my bike ???????????? 

2 hours ago, jchfriis said:

I never understood why some (many?) people don't see the difference between a race track and a public road!

Probably because some (many) people will never get the opportunity to see, let alone actually get on a race track, so they will never know the difference.    

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Another thing that troubles me is eye protection, I wear my sunnies day time and clear safety glasses at night. Bloody annoying, those bugs in your eyes, also a concern traveling at speed a good size bug will take your eye out. 

It doesn't bother the Thais 

Always amazes me how the Thais blast along with zero eye protection. A mosquito has a bigger bite at 100kmh to the eye!