Famous Thai singer and songwriter ‘Aed Carabao’ composes song, urging government to ditch all Covid-19 restrictions like the UK and “move on” now

webfact

Famous Thai singer and songwriter ‘Aed Carabao’ composes song, urging government to ditch all Covid-19 restrictions like the UK and “move on” now

And infamous General cum songwriter 'Uncle Toot' retorts with a Thai cover of Fleetwood Mac's "You can go your own way!"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We have all had enough of the extreme cowardice, the government sponsored panic, the fright, the stupidity. I know people who are testing themselves twice a day, they are that scared of Covid. When I explain to them that Omicron is the best thing to happen to Covid, they do not get it, nor do they even seem interested in easing up on the panic button. Prayuth, and Anutin, congratulations. You have succeeded in scaring your people into total submission. 

Thailand, the lost frontier. 

Who is "all"? You aren't a majority but a minority.

"Enough" yes but this doesn't change the situation. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 6:51 PM, equalizer1970 said:

B: No one ever claimed everyone would have serious symptoms or get seriously ill. 

C; Too many have died or been hospitalised since the outbreak for it not to be considered a dangerous virus. 

D; You conveniently did not quote the part of my post where I agreed that vaccination numbers meant this decision made sense - though when johnson lifted the regulations it was done for political considerations rather than medical. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“I went to hand a trophy at the Carabao Cup football trophy in England recently. Although the country was cold, they were still able to live with Covid-19. There were nearly 90,000 spectators at Wembley Stadium and I had to take off my mask. I was shy because I was the only one who was wearing it, feeling like a black sheep. I was astounded to see everything completely normal, all nightlife open without rules and restrictions, concerts and sports normal, no outdoor mask-wearing, all of it.”

Well, the UK has a hefty percentage of the population fully vaccinated with vaccines that have a reasonable protection against the current Covid-19 variant.  Thailand has somewhere between 30 and 70% properly vaxed.  Maybe 50%.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A: I’m not your boss (capitalised or not)

B: No one ever claimed everyone would have serious symptoms or get seriously ill. 

C; Too many have died or been hospitalised since the outbreak for it not to be considered a dangerous virus. 

D; You conveniently did not quote the part of my post where I agreed that vaccination numbers meant this decision made sense - though when johnson lifted the regulations it was done for political considerations rather than medical. 

I wouldn’t even say it was political considerations. It was purely to save his own skin, which as it turned out appears to have been saved by the Ukraine invasion by the Tories paymasters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely everyone I speak with, foreign and Thai alike. They are all so sick of this. 

We may be sick of it but it's still here. I haven't been keeping up with the Thai Covid figures but I believe they are still high. They did really well early on but they do seem to have lost there way a bit lately. Some restrictions are a compromise between keeping the country and particularly the economy going but others aren't. I don't know all the figures so I'm only basing this on what I think is the case. Allowing businesses to open and in particular those that are tourist related is important to the economy and people's ability to live so they need to be opened as soon and as much as is possible. Dropping the need for Covid tests is good but I think it should either be all tests or if they insist on testing then before departure will mean you're unlikely to be bringing in Covid. After 5days you're most likely to have caught it here anyway so you aren't any different to anyone already here. My guess would be that all tests should be dropped. 

Masks don't really affect the economy or have a great detrimental effect on people's lives and do cut the chances of spreading Covid so they could be kept although I do think that the wearing of them outside should be dropped.

As for Boris Johnson, well I wouldn't trust him with anything important. When he dropped the legal requirement to wear masks indoors he said the government were going to rely on British common sense. If that were the case why have the legal requirement in the first place? Then when he was going to drop all restrictions he said they weren't needed to get people to do the right thing. So why did you have them in the first place. Much of what he does is to try to keep the right wing of his party happy.

The good thing here in Thailand is that if you don't like the rules as they are don't worry as they'll probably change next week anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Johnson lifted restrictions because he vast majority of the people in the UK are fully vaccinated and the majority of the public don't want any more restrictions.

He lifted them because it was politically expedient to do so in the wake of partygate. 

Plus he himself is anti-lockdown. This is clear from his actions throughout the pandemic. If he had his way the UK would have followed the Sweden model. 

Then thank the big beard in the sky he didn’t get his way. The NHS was stretched to breaking point as it was. 

I'm all for criticising Boris for his many failings. But being cynical about everything he does is pointless. 

I disagree there. 

And yet again let me say, I agree it was the way to go but let’s not pretend it wasn’t rushed forward for non medical considerations. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Would you also be astounded to learn U.K. cases of infection, deaths and hospitalisation  are spiking upwards again…partygate just keeps on giving. 

Not that I’m against lifting restrictions. Vaccination levels are such in the U.K. that it was the right way to go. But it was clearly rushed through on political grounds rather than medical ones. 

I will still mask up when I’m there mind but that’s just pure contrariness on my part.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/30/covid-uk-coronavirus-cases-deaths-and-vaccinations-today?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

Yes, the UK's Covid figures are rising, but this was expected with all restrictions lifted,, 

But What about Thailands Covid spike , and they haven't lifted any restrictions...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Yes, the UK's Covid figures are rising, but this was expected with all restrictions lifted,, 

But What about Thailands Covid spike , and they haven't lifted any restrictions...

I wasn’t talking about Thailand’s covid numbers but rather what has happened in the U.K. since johnson’s politically motivated decision. 

Numbers will rise once restrictions are lifted but vaccination numbers were such that it was a decision that was coming, but it was rushed because of partygate. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1