Belgian expat in Cha Am uses his entrepreneurial spirit to make craft gin and chocolate

webfact

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Making chocolate is ok but bootlegging spirits it a big no, no in this country, work permit or not.. although not sure of the quality of the chocolate either giving that Thailand cocoa beans, if any, are not good enough to make good quality chocolates...

Good news - Chiang Mai has great cocoa beans. The local chocolate is expensive though...

Not sure which professor developed them but I seem  to recall he was from Mae Jo university - but I may be wrong - does anyone know?

1 hour ago, JeabRonny said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sure is more to it, just read the link!  Regardless of that, what would the legal status of his wife, his company or his position in the company have to do with anyone here?  

Hi, i invite you come to look, free taste and free entry. I like that you get a good night rest, so come to look how i do it in real. And yes, the article show not everything, but i will answer you all your questions... ???? 

Clearly, there's a language issue, I didn't have any questions, it was other posters who did to whom I was responding, in your favour.   I was suggesting that they kept their ignorant. impudent noses out of your personal (work permit, employment position and licencing) business.  Good luck.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

The article literally starts with the words “Amid strict regulation (…) a Belgian expat (…) opened his own craft alcohol distillery and chocolate making facility”. 

That won't stop some on here moaning about work permits 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, JeabRonny said:

The basics i use are, sugarcane for the rum, Grains and juniper berries for the gin, grapes for the grappa and banana for my banana spirit. And many overripe fruits full with flavors. I use some herbs also for hang in my distliier. There are many way for make a good product, but start with a tasteless alcohol is wrong... is only for industrial producers, not for a craft distiller like me. Thanks????

The reasons for using the different starting ingredients is because there are parts of it left in to give the flavour to the finished product. Pure distillation and making sure there is no yeast left in the mash, to burn and make an off taste, will result in pure ethyl alcohol. As I said before Gordons take product from the still. after distillation, and mix it back into the distillate to give the taste. They mix Juniper berries in the mash. I believe Bombay Sapphire additions are extracted by the alcohol vapours before condensing.