Lie detector tests suggested for drowned actress’s friends amid little progress in probe

snoop1130

2E3ED5DC-E7B2-409E-B08F-F194DA141330.jpeg

Senator Somchai Sawangkarn has suggested that the five companions, on board the speed boat with drowned TV actress Nida Patcharaveerapong, aka “Tangmo”, take lie detector tests, because their statements to police conflict with each other, as the case has seen very little progress, after almost a month, amid a media circus surrounding the people close to the late star.

Somchai, who heads the Senate Standing Committee on Human Rights, Rights, Liberties and Consumer Protection, said today (Monday) that he suspects that the five people might have been coached by someone before they were questioned by police.

Today, the Senate committee invited the police and forensic pathologists, involved in handling Nida’s case, to report their findings in the case.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lie-detector-tests-suggested-for-drowned-actresss-friends-amid-little-progress-in-probe/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

hard to figure out - but was there foul play - who knows 

people just don't fall of small boats without someone noticing - was she raped and dumped, who owns the boat and who was with her would likely reveal all 

she was missing for days and nobody knew anything - well that right there is a red flag 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Senator Somchai Sawangkarn has suggested that the five companions, on board the speed boat with drowned TV actress Nida Patcharaveerapong, aka “Tangmo”, take lie detector tests

What is the point, given the statements following any road carnage it appears that Thais in general are incapable of telling the truth .........

4 hours ago, smedly said:

hard to figure out - but was there foul play - who knows 

people just don't fall of small boats without someone noticing - was she raped and dumped, who owns the boat and who was with her would likely reveal all 

she was missing for days and nobody knew anything - well that right there is a red flag 

You need to read and study up on this case before typing another word.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

their statements to police conflict with each other, as the case has seen very little progress, after almost a month

So get them back in the interview room and find out whose lying by using normal police methods of questioning.

• Like 1

Polygraphs are BS.  Only used to scare the person into confessing.  

Are they legal evidence in a court in Thailand?  If so I would be really scared taking one.  They could say what ever they wanted for the results.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Somchai, who heads the Senate Standing Committee on Human Rights, Rights, Liberties and Consumer Protection, said today (Monday) that he suspects that the five people might have been coached by someone before they were questioned by police.

If her "friends" were also actors then they have learnt the script. Did they carry out drug tests on all ? my point being if they had all been taking class A drugs then that could be the reason they didn't report the accident immediately.

Lie detectors are psuedoscience at best.

In the land of smoke and mirrors, in the hands of inept operators and corrupt officials they are worse than useless, hence there is really no point continuing this charade.

This can be over in 10 minutes if they just resort to the same method Ferrari Joe applied!  If you want the truth give me immunity this is something I'm good at I would take each one in the room one by one prior I would tell them as a group first one to talk is off the hook. 

I seriously doubt these spoiled brats I would even need to touch them as soon as they see the sparks from the connectors they would be stepping over themselves to be the first to sing. Their parents would be paying me 30 million so their son or daughter could be the first to sing instead of the victims mother to shut down the investigation.????

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So get them back in the interview room and find out whose lying by using normal police methods of questioning.

but..but...but....we have all been told to reduce our use of plastic bags!

• Like 1