Thai Government suggests to limit use of air con to save electric costs following rising costs, leads to dispute between politicians

snoop1130

565000000228401.jpeg

Government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana retorted opposition to Thai Srang Thai Party Leader Sudarat Keyuraphan on social media following her criticism against the government’s suggestion to reduce electricity costs by limiting air conditioning.

The Thai government’s suggestion to limit air conditioning, as well as usage of other electric appliances, had been made earlier this week following criticism from social media “netizens” over rising costs associated with various factors, including according to the government the Russia-Ukraine war.

Thanakorn said on his Facebook status: ” I saw Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, chairman of the Thai Srang Thai Party, posted a Facebook status that no matter how people tried to save costs, they couldn’t still survive. Because the problem was not how many degrees they had to turn on the air conditioner, but the problem was the leadership’s vision…”

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/21/thai-government-suggests-to-limit-use-of-air-con-to-save-electric-costs-following-rising-costs-leads-to-dispute-between-politicians/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

Good idea to reduce air conditioning use . At least turn the thermostat up to 25 degrees 

Most of the electricity produced in Thailand is from the use of natural gas . That will have the inevitable result of a price increase .

They could certainly set the thermostats to less frigid temperatures in every 7-11 and similar little shops. Not to mention the cinema. The sweat almost freeze-dries on my back every time I go in there, and when you’re in there for more than three minutes you need long pants, a thick sweater and gloves.

Edited by rudi49jr

3 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

They could certainly set the thermostats to less frigid temperatures in every 7-11 and similar little shops. The sweat almost freeze-dries on my back every time I go in there. 

I like going for a #2 at Big C extra.

Toilets are nice and cold.

A/C is always on. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Why not limiting all those useless convois.

When a Mercedes S Class needs 4 cars in front, 4 at the rear and motorbikes to go from A to B.

Ok, and how will that help "to save electric costs". Please explain!