Waterworks Authority to Closely Monitor Water Situation This Year

snoop1130

ec721665bdfd88b11d30c806b47fcc07_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) is implementing drought crisis management policies and solutions, as well as closely monitoring the water situation to ensure that the public has access to safe drinking water. It also aims to avoid freshwater shortages during the 2022 dry season.

According to Deputy Interior Minister Songsak Thongsri, Thailand officially entered the summer season on March 2. He said various regions are expected to experience drought crises during this period, including reduced water supplies.

Songsak also noted that the PWA has assigned its local offices nationwide to closely monitor the water situation and conduct site surveys and water sufficiency evaluations in order to prevent and alleviate water scarcity. Additionally, each unit has been tasked with preserving freshwater for communities and monitoring water quality on a continuous basis.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

With the assistance of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM), PWA Deputy Governor (Operation 4) and Acting Governor Luckchai Patanacharoen said the "Public-Private Alliance on Combating Drought" and "Department of Rural Roads-Provincial Waterworks Authority Combat Drought Together" projects have also been launched to mitigate drought and ensure that work is handled efficiently.

Meanwhile, the public is urged to conserve water in order to maintain sufficient supplies and to avoid shortages. Calls for assistance can be made to the 24-hour hotline 1662.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-03-22

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Well, if Thailand is now in Summer Season weather-wise it is clearly copying the UK because for some weeks now we have had almost daily thunderstorms and rain and it is forecast to carry on for at least the next week. This is good because growing things love rain and sunshine and are getting both in our garden, plus the traditional air pollution is minimal as rain washes the air and unseasonal winds blow it somewhere else. So somehow I think Aswin's boast that Bangkok won't flood any more will be shown to be wrong, while the Royal Irrigation Department or whoever manages dams and the like will have a far easier job in the upcoming "drought" that might well turn into more unseasonal floods!

Waterworks Authority to Closely Monitor Water Situation This Year

Jeez! Whats so special about this year? After all, you would expect them to be monitoring in it all year round every year right? It is their job to do so isn't it?.

Weather has been unusual though. In 15 years never saw that much rain in February. Normally might have one or two showers, but Pattaya beach still washed away and local flooding in all the normal areas happened. Just early, despite the untold sums that have gone into town drainage.

Talks of drought after the wettest "dry" season I have ever seen is either incompetent officials dribbling (which would be understandable), or a suggestion that rain this early , might hint at a dry "wet" season remains to be seen.

That there climate change can pop its head up anywhere.

Personally I think they are clueless and spouting what they think people want to hear, based largely on the fact they don't have a clue what is going to happen, but want to be seen to be doing or saying something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Raining right now..... North of Pattaya. I live in an area a lot of foreigner do. 

Oh that little area down there. You do realise that there is a lot more of Thailand outside of there do ? By the way I am interested in hearing your analogy as to how places full of foreigners have any impact on rainfall.  Or is it they have to be so wet in the head that they have to live close to each other ????

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

What are you on about..... go take a look at the radar map instead of your usual morning trolling search for an argument!

Seems you are somewhat ignorant of what the radar map ( for Thailand not your rat hole ) currently looks like. 

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Seems you are somewhat ignorant of what the radar map ( for Thailand not your rat hole ) currently looks like. 

I saw it recently, and the rain is splashing down on my rat hole's pool right now...do get a life, I am adding you to the troll list. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Excel said:

You must live in a different part of Thailand to many of us

I live in SE Rayong, we have had heavy rain for three straight days, with forecast for everyday for the rest of the month, really messing up my painting project

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) is implementing drought crisis management policies and solutions, as well as closely monitoring the water situation to ensure that the public has access to safe drinking water. It also aims to avoid freshwater shortages during the 2022 dry season

:coffee1:

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I live in SE Rayong, we have had heavy rain for three straight days, with forecast for everyday for the rest of the month

And you catch, store and use rainwater before it drains into the gulf of thailand?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

And you catch, store and use rainwater before it drains into the gulf of thailand?

we have a one rai pond for catchment plus several large containers around the property, 

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

I live in SE Rayong, we have had heavy rain for three straight days, with forecast for everyday for the rest of the month, really messing up my painting project

Try watercolors.????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, flexomike said:

we have a one rai pond for catchment plus several large containers around the property, 

That's awesome. You use this for cooking, cleaning, bathing, laundry, toilets? Not everyone has a catchment like you. So you're all set.

Most people rely on water supplied from areas far from their domicile, so local weather conditions are rarely an indicator of local water supplies.

• Like 1

Swimming pools waste a lot of water. In our previous house we had a water bill of about 100 baht for 4 people. It's up tenfold since we moved to a house with a pool. The amount of water that evaporates is enormous. The reservoir has to refill with lots of water every day just to compensate for the water lost through evaporation.

We're going to put a sunshade over the pool in the hopes this will drastically reduce waste. It will also keep the water cooler which is an advantage specially in the hot season.

Well, this month Udon Thani has had more rain than normal, but prior to that not a drop in 4 months. And the last wet season our fish ponds didn't fill up - previous 2 years overflowed for  months. Last couple of days? Just a few showers and some black clouds. Drought still a possibility here.