How easy is it to fall in love, real love, over 50?

Grecian

We have all read countless posts from cynical older guys who think all relationships are transactional.

what has been your personal experience of you and close friends being hit by cupid's arrow over say 50?

I'm 54 and hate to say i think it might be very difficult for myself. Just doesn't feel I have the biochemistry for it anymore. 

Then again who knows! 

6 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I just spent to 2 weeks in Manhattan, among the most populous places on earth and legendary for its man-favored dating ratio.

I kept a running total of women I saw on the street who were medium attractive, over 50, and possibly single (no ring). The 2-week total was 6 -and I'm pretty broad in my tastes.

On another trip, I tried Tinder just for laughs and scientific research. I only got a return swipe about one time in 20. The expectations and demands of these women were ludicrous. A lot of them demanded ball room dancing. As if.

Guys aren't running away from feminism in the west, they are running away from a long-moribund sexual graveyard, which also has the nerve to have a big fence around it of status expectations designed to specifically keep them out.

I don't understand why Pattaya mongers are derided, because these are the men that no woman in the west wants anyway -under any circumstances.

99% of NYC women are Gold Diggers with a million requirements they have for men as well.

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Dependes what type you are, and how you cultivate your positive feelings, and allow you to let loose without fear loosing anything. If your negativity against women holding you back, then it will eat you inside out. 

Not eating me at all, but the only time I think about real women is when on here. Out and about they're just people.

I could easily fall in love again, but the chances of me finding someone to fall in love with are probably zero, so I'm not even looking.

Don't care what age they are, so long as I don't vomit when I wake up next to them in the morning.

Prostate cancer ended my active sex life, so it'd just be for companionship and sharing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Love is ultimately about putting someone's else's happiness before your own.

Many people aren't selfless enough to do that. And they get very confused with the huge difference between love and lust.

IMO it's being willing to compromise, and give up some things one really likes doing.

• Like 1

My favorite quote about falling in love is from ZZ Top (although it is a misquote as apparently they never sang this lyric):

"I been in love ten thousand time,

All I gotta do is remember my lines"

They didn't sing it exactly like that but I think they should have done so.

With age there are more reservations and hopefully one doesn't fall as hard.

Edited by cdemundo