Retirement Extension Renewal Issue/Jomtien

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thank goodness I don't live in Jomtien. 

Bunch of red necks.

Whatever that means. Hope it means backward.

No. sorry. I come under Hua Hin. It was yes to being only account for immigration.

11 minutes ago, worrab said:

No. sorry. I come under Hua Hin. It was yes to being only account for immigration.

Another freaked out immigration office.

Also recently HH not issuing covid extensions without embassy letter.

Affidavit wasn't acceptable.

Had to assist married couple from USA 5500b per each for agent. 

They entered Dec last year visa exempt. First covid extension after one 30 day extension obtained at MTT. 

At MTT they would have obtained CE no issue. 

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, problemfarang said:

if possible go to the branch where you opened it. it will take 3 days. But im also pretty sure (because i did mine) they will tell you they will send the request to the main office which is again Bangkok main building.

My experience at a provincial branch of Bangkok Bank where my account was opened, the 1-year statement still had to come from their Silom Bangkok head office and still took 5 working days.

Since their Bualuang online account history is a maximum of 6 months, I used to make a calendar note for when to download the first 6 months history, then a second  download of the subsequent 6 months at extension renewal time. Merged them and made them into a single file and printed it out. This was accepted (once) at Udon Immigration but no idea if other uniformed pedants in Udon or Jomtien offices would insist on the multi-sheet, dot matrix printed tome from head office.

YMMV.

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another freaked out immigration office.

Also recently HH not issuing covid extensions without embassy letter.

Affidavit wasn't acceptable.

Had to assist married couple from USA 5500b per each for agent. 

They entered Dec last year visa exempt. First covid extension after one 30 day extension obtained at MTT. 

At MTT they would have obtained CE no issue. 

To be absolutely honest, I have never had any hassle there and always found them friendly and approachable. Okay, they want the statements, but it is no problem to pop into my local branch to get it all organised. 

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Because Jomtien are a rogue office when it comes to retirement extensions (they also insist on those using the 800k method to return after 90 days with proof that their bank balance hasn't dipped a single satang below the required minimum in the meantime).

Unlikely to work in practice, I fear. Immigration insist on statements being stamped and initialled by bank officials (as you appear to imply, in fact). Doubt whether many of them would, however, be willing to stamp and initial an online statement which you had printed off, and would insist instead on providing a bespoke statement at a cost of 100 THB. 

Print my own statements each year, and have done so for the past 8 years. TMBThanachart have no problem stamping and signing off on the statement print out off my pc, and CM Immigration have accepted them every year.

22 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

If your passbook shows 12 month's transactions, why do they need a separate statement?

Because they need a Signed Statement from the Bank,I had a Slight Disagreement about that too , I had the Bank calling the Boss lady at Imm and they agreed on a copy from the Passbook and Signed by the Bank /Teller/ Manager. no extra Money only paid for the Bank letter.

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Because they need a Signed Statement from the Bank,I had a Slight Disagreement about that too , I had the Bank calling the Boss lady at Imm and they agreed on a copy from the Passbook and Signed by the Bank /Teller/ Manager. no extra Money only paid for the Bank letter.

The requirements seem, like so many other matters, to vary from office to office. At Rayong the bank letter confirming that you are the account holder along with the passbook is all that is required. I can understand that if a passbook is not regularly updated and shows consolidated entries a statement might be needed, but if the passbook shows the entire 12 months' transactions then a statement showing the same transactions is superfluous.