Thailand to export thousands of tonnes of chicken products to Saudi Arabia as diplomatic ties improve

webfact

screenshot_17239.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Thailand is planning to export 10,000 tonnes of chicken products to Saudi Arabia this year following the resumption of diplomatic and trade ties between the two countries.   

“I would like to congratulate CPF (Charoen Pokphand Foods) for being the first company to export chicken products in this inaugural container which represents the new era of trade between Thailand and Saudi Arabia,” Jurin Laksanawisit, CPF’s commerce minister said on Monday.

Jurin added that this would be the first shipment of exported Thai chicken products to Saudi Arabia since the middle-eastern country banned the import of these products 18 years ago in 2004.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/38986/thailand-to-export-thousands-of-tonnes-of-chicken-products-to-saudi-arabia-as-diplomatic-ties-improve/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

1. Great, but I hope they remembered to process it according to the receiver's religious rules.

2. Exported frozen, then thawed on arrival? ... not the best thing for meat.

3. Chicken "products" - I wonder what that is exactly ... raw legs and wings ... frozen breaded nuggets ... eggs?