STV to (Covid visa) Now going to Cambodia and then re-enter Thailand on a 30 day Tourist Visa.

Guest traveller2022

Guest traveller2022

Hi,

I'm a British passport holder. (retirement age) I entered Thailand in Feb 2020 on a STV visa. (via Norway where I work and reside) After 9 months I went on to a Covid visa for 6 months. I'm going to Cambodia next week to apply for a 30 day tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Cambodia, do the Thailand Pass online and re-enter Thailand. 

I've been told by Thai Immigration that this will NOT be a problem as long as I am fully vaccinated, obtain a tourist visa from Thai Embassy in Cambodia, have Covid Insurance and a Covid passport, which I have. Thai Immigration also informed me that I also do NOT need an onward ticket to the UK as I am already in Asia.

Has anyone else done this Cambodia trip in the past month?

Many thanks,

James.

A tourist visa allows a 60 day permit to stay when you enter the country.

To apply for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh you will need a ticket out ot the country to show.

See: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

If fully vaccinated you will need to stay in a SHAplus+ hotel for one night while waiting for the result of covid 19 test.

Guest traveller2022
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A tourist visa allows a 60 day permit to stay when you enter the country.

To apply for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh you will need a ticket out ot the country to show.

See: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

If fully vaccinated you will need to stay in a SHAplus+ hotel for one night while waiting for the result of covid 19 test.

Yes, I can see now an onward ticket paid in full IS required to be presented to the Thai Embassy in Cambodia. (when applying for a tourist visa) Even though Thai Immigration told my Thai girlfriend today over the phone that an onward ticket is not required. I think to play it safe....I'm going to get one just incase! Many thanks for your help.

Guest traveller2022
2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Have a read of this very recent thread.

BTW a tourist visa gives you 60 days and can be extended by 30

Yes, I can see now an onward ticket paid in full IS required to be presented to the Thai Embassy in Cambodia. (when applying for a tourist visa) Even though Thai Immigration told my Thai girlfriend today over the phone that an onward ticket is not required. I think to play it safe....I'm going to get one just incase! Many thanks for your help.

17 minutes ago, traveller2022 said:

Even though Thai Immigration told my Thai girlfriend today over the phone that an onward ticket is not required.

Immigration is not the best source of info about visas that are issued by embassies and consulates. Many embassies require the onward ticket when applying for a tourist visa.

They were  talking about not needing a onward ticket to enter the country if you have a visa for entry.

Guest traveller2022
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration is not the best source of info about visas that are issued by embassies and consulates. Many embassies require the onward ticket when applying for a tourist visa.

They were  talking about not needing a onward ticket to enter the country if you have a visa for entry.

Guest traveller2022

Yes, I agree with you.....Many embassies require an onward ticket when applying for a tourist visa. I will let you know in the next few days what I will do about the onward ticket. I really appreciate your time. Many thanks.

5 minutes ago, traveller2022 said:

Yes, I agree with you.....Many embassies require an onward ticket when applying for a tourist visa. I will let you know in the next few days what I will do about the onward ticket. I really appreciate your time. Many thanks.

Please do report back what occurs re onward ticket.

It's many years ago when I was obtaining tourist visas for Thailand at the Saigon Thai consulate.

I had to show a print out of confirmed flight INTO Thailand, however never recall providing flight out.

This is long time ago so things could be completely different now. 

If required, I guess your options would include cheapest throw away ticket. 

I'm a little confused why the experts didn't pick up on this but maybe I'm wrong. Your topic says you are going to Cambodia for a 30 day tourist visa. If you are a British passport holder you do not need a visa to enter Thailand for 30 days. You would enter " visa exempt " and get a stamp in passport for 30 days ( which is free and requires no paperwork ) which you can easily extend for another 30 days while you are in Thailand ( for 1900 baht)  Maybe I'm missing something?  

Edited by alex8912

7 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Maybe I'm missing something?

The 30 was possible typo and was mention early in the thread in 2nd and 3rd post. 

"BTW a tourist visa gives you 60 days and can be extended by 30"

Edited by DrJack54