Video: Beware the ladyboy gangsters - but this video-making "farang" didn't

webfact

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How does he behave like an idiot, and why does that mean he deserves to have his belongings stolen?

Anybody who is out of the blue embraced like that by a Thai person should ask himself: Why did he or she or it do that? Am I such a handsome man that they just had to do that? Or might there be another reason? He isn't even aware that he gets robbed. As far as I am concerned that is what idiots do.

I didn't see it as the guy "enjoying it".  I saw a good natured person shrugging off  what is almost a constant grab fest by lady boys.  Plus he's shooting video for whatever channel he owns.  

What was he suppposed to do?  give her a stiff arm when she approached  rugby style? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Happens often yes. And pickpockets. Never see me with some stupid watch or chain

Personally, except for five days my first visit to the Kingdom, I avoid Bangkok like a plague. I regularly drive two hours out of my way north from Huahin to avoid the whole steaming pile called Bangkok

Yes, as you warn, these things can happen anywhere if you fit the vulnerable profile. So just don't do it. Anywhere in the land of smiles.

I've been here five years now, happier than any time in my 72 years, and now my deepest fear is being on the roads. Anywhere in the land of smiles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I live about a seven minutes walk on Sukhumvit 21 from the Westin Hotel.  It’s quiet in that area because of the lack of tourists.  I haven’t really seen much of anyone around there.  I guess maybe some straggler freelancers are there in the shadows. 

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Funny. Lived in Boston for the most part of 35+ years. Have never ever heard a story like yours. Window down in car must have happened during our 8 week summer lol.  

And dude must have had some long arms to reach between closing doors and grab the chain from around the neck of a passenger seated on the train.

A better lie errr story would have her standing in the doorway…

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You mean it couldn't happen in real life , Anyone walking

around with a gold chain around their neck ,is fair game.

regards Worgeordie

Pretty hard to smother him in kisses with a mask on.  Wait What? 

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Any chance this encounter was staged? 

I reckon about 90% of the 'incidents' shared on social media are staged, What particularly sickens me is the animal rescue videos, where it is clear that the poor animal has been put in its precarious situation deliberately.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Personally, except for five days my first visit to the Kingdom, I avoid Bangkok like a plague. I regularly drive two hours out of my way north from Huahin to avoid the whole steaming pile called Bangkok

Yes, as you warn, these things can happen anywhere if you fit the vulnerable profile. So just don't do it. Anywhere in the land of smiles.

I've been here five years now, happier than any time in my 72 years, and now my deepest fear is being on the roads. Anywhere in the land of smiles.

I lived in Bangkok for five years without ever experiencing the 'steaming pile'. I did avoid the Sukhumvit Ghetto like the plague, though.

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

And dude must have had some long arms to reach between closing doors and grab the chain from around the neck of a passenger seated on the train.

A better lie errr story would have her standing in the doorway…

Exactly.  And TWO separate " girl cousins"!