Which of these is best as a home PC.

JeffersLos

To be used as a home PC for browsing, watching movies and my sons might use it for playing some games. The monitor doesn't matter as we will use one we already have. 

spacer.png

AMD Athlon Silver 305OU

4GB RAM

256GB SSD

Intel UHD graphics

Windows 11

spacer.png

i3-10105

8GB RAM

256gb SSD

Graphics Intel B560

Windows 10

spacer.png

i5-11400

4gb RAM

HDD 1TB

Intel UHD graphics 730

Maybe no OS?

spacer.png

i3-10105

Integrated graphics

8Gb RAM

256SSD

Windows 10

TIA

all of these cpu are obsolete, i7 are at the end of their life cycle, i suggest you get something with i7, ram and ssd are good enough for daily internet browsing and minor work load but don't plan for gaming if those are gpu

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

To be used as a home PC for browsing, watching movies and my sons might use it for playing some games.

For games, and especially new games, you need a powerful PC with a powerful graphic card (GPU). If a PC is good enough for games then it is good enough for basically anything else.

And if you buy a "normal" computer, which was not designed for playing games, then basically you won't be able to play games except maybe Solitaire or Candy Crunch or something like that. 

Even a half decent gaming PC is a lot more expensive than an office PC.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vinci said:

i7 are at the end of their life cycle, i suggest you get something with i7

?

For normal users it doesn't make much of a difference if they buy a model which was just replaced with a new model or if they buy the new model. Both will work. If the older model is significantly cheaper and you don't need the newest and fastest and you are on a budget then go for the reasonable priced older version. It will do the job, for years.

• Like 2

Don't even consider one with HDD instead of SSD, absolutely no point in doing that in 2022.

I also wouldn't recommend 4GB of RAM these days.

That leaves the other two, which will work, although if bumping up the budget to 20,000 then I think it would make sense because these are still pretty low-end.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

For normal users it doesn't make much of a difference if they buy a model which was just replaced with a new model or if they buy the new model. Both will work. If the older model is significantly cheaper and you don't need the newest and fastest and you are on a budget then go for the reasonable priced older version. It will do the job, for years.

your comment make me facepalm something, model? what are you referring to? cpu model AMD and intel or the cpu spec, if you're talking about cpu you realized i3, and there an i5 is almost a decade plus old right, the i9 is our most current, go ahead get the i3 and see if "doesn't make a difference"

Edited by vinci
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vinci said:

your comment make me facepalm something, model? what are you referring to? cpu model AMD and intel or the cpu spec, if you're talking about cpu you realized i3 is almost a decade plus old right, the i9 is our most current, go ahead get the i3 and see if "doesn't make a difference"

Of course an i9 will be faster than an 13 but not because it is newer, it isn't. Both have been released with the 12th gen chip sets.

https://www.techadvisor.com/news/pc-components/intel-alder-lake-12th-gen-cpu-3800589/

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Thanks.

Graphics Intel B560 v Integrated graphics.

Are they perhaps the same, or are they likely different?

B560 is the chipset which controls the flow of data on the motherboard between all the components.

The integrated graphics on the intel i3-10105 chip are Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vinci said:

all of these cpu are obsolete, i7 are at the end of their life cycle, i suggest you get something with i7, ram and ssd are good enough for daily internet browsing and minor work load but don't plan for gaming if those are gpu

The ii3-10105 chip was released in Q1 of 2021 by intel so its only just over 1 year now.

Same with the B560 chipset.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

ThinkPads, which are part of Lenovo, are still the best notebooks which you can buy.

And many many so called high quality products are produced in China - even if they have an American brand name on them.

Na just got a Macbook air M1, blows anything else away, unless you are 12 years old and want to play shoot the baddie games. Previous ones 30k+ Acer lasted 3 years and HP laptop which lasted 2.5 years. Sound on the Macbook air is the only real stereo on a laptop I have ever heard

12 minutes ago, userabcd said:

B560 is the chipset which controls the flow of data on the motherboard between all the components.

The integrated graphics on the intel i3-10105 chip are Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Thanks. Which one is better?

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Thanks. Which one is better?

They aren't the same thing or function but if you are buying a laptop, the inbuilt graphics will be just fine. If you wanted better graphics, you'd buy a desktop with a separate graphics card.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

OP was looking at a machine worth 16,000 baht. The machine you are quoting is over 42,000 baht.

Not 42k mine was 29k with an educational discount, just ask a student. Shop price is 32.400 for the basic model

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Still a vast difference between 32K and 14K.

For browsing, basic desktop software use, watching movies, the i3 would function adequately for that.

Might be used for games.

Budget i3 systems might not be suitable.

OneMoreFarang

Vinci

your comment make me facepalm something, model? what are you referring to? cpu model AMD and intel or the cpu spec, if you're talking about cpu you realized i3, and there an i5 is almost a decade plus old right, the i9 is our most current, go ahead get the i3 and see if "doesn't make a difference"

let me retract this comment i miss read what he's trying to say, by bad, he is 100% correct on this

Edited by vinci
  • Like 1