Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

On the other hand in the last couple of months I watched many hours of his videos. He is a very smart guy with a huge knowledge. I definitely learned a lot from him. And I am sure that anybody who doesn't learn from him doesn't want to learn or is ignorant.

Precisely.  Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are ignorant and don't want to learn.  These people view things ideologically and ignore facts that they don't like.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That doesn't mean that everything he or any other person says is always the truth. When I and probably you listen that doesn't mean we have to believe everything or agree with everything. But even then he gives us something to think about. 

Exactly, yes.  I don't agree with everything he says, but he is clearly a smart guy with a pretty large depth of knowledge in his field.  The trick is sticking to facts and spotting opinions when they are given.  I've watched many of his lectures also.  I know he became famous due to his political stance, but I try to view him like any academic figure, they are human too.  Very interesting guy though.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Another thing to consider is that as you get older you get softer and you may be up against someone younger with a level of deviousness and insincerity that you have not developed protection against previously in your life (because you have not experienced it), and who's main agenda is transference of your wealth from you to her/family (with bar girl level relationships the girls are "remoted" by the old biddies up in the village telling them what to do*.

I had to bail out of a relationship with a Mistress I had kept on and off for 14 years. as once I got into my fifties, I got soft and she was able to pick my locks.  Having spent 14 years looking at me balefully like a crocodile that had got hold of my arm but was being blocked every time from moving up the arm and eating the rest of me, she got so much money out of me in the last two months that I pulled the ejection handle and bailed out. I felt the money she got in the last two months was acceptable as  a common law divorce settlement, so my conscience is clear. She is still out there, like a she wolf, patrolling at the interface of the light from the campfire and the darkness beyond - just looking for an opportunity to dart in and make her kill.

* as always just throw their tactics straight back at them - invent a group of old biddies back in YOUR village "puuying geh ti Baan Angkrit" who seem to be remarkably well informed on tactics for extracting money from men, as in "well actually I was talking earlier to puuying geh ti Baan Angkrit and they told me this kind of story is just "Bpaan Ruuang" to get money". After a while the blood just drains out of their faces when you mention the dreaded puuying geh ti Baan Angkrit.

I think the first thing that guys shouldn't forget in Thailand is the fact that there are many willing p$#$% out there. If one get's too demanding there are many others who like to take her place. Make sure she knows that you know and she will be (more) careful with her demands. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Precisely.  Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are ignorant and don't want to learn.  These people view things ideologically and ignore facts that they don't like.

Exactly, yes.  I don't agree with everything he says, but he is clearly a smart guy with a pretty large depth of knowledge in his field.  The trick is sticking to facts and spotting opinions when they are given.  I've watched many of his lectures also.  I know he became famous due to his political stance, but I try to view him like any academic figure, they are human too.  Very interesting guy though.

Here is a part of one of those interviews - if anybody wants to know what we are talking about.

Many of his interviews are longer than an hour, some a lot longer. This is just a short part of one of those long interviews.

And please keep in mind: He studied this for decades. He knows what he is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the first thing that guys shouldn't forget in Thailand is the fact that there are many willing p$#$% out there. If one get's too demanding there are many others who like to take her place. Make sure she knows that you know and she will be (more) careful with her demands. 

Yes and no. During our many bust ups I had relationships with younger prettier women, but they weren't her. You have no control over who you do and don't fall for. My best guess is that the attraction was pheremonal or something like that. I'd hand it to her brutally when she started acting up - I'd tell her: "You not young one anymore, you old fat one now". Note: "Old fat one" starts at age 26 for Thai women in their minds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Yes and no. During our many bust ups I had relationships with younger prettier women, but they weren't her. You have no control over who you do and don't fall for. My best guess is that the attraction was pheremonal or something like that. I'd hand it to her brutally when she started acting up - I'd tell her: "You not young one anymore, you old fat one now". Note: "Old fat one" starts at age 26 for Thai women in their minds.

Your relationship sounds like it is not about love or sex. It's about control and power.

If that is what you like to play... 

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Your relationship sounds like it is not about love or sex. It's about control and power.

If that is what you like to play... 

Nope, sexual attraction and convenience. Granted, there was a power struggle but that is so in pretty much every relationship - my experience has been that it is more so with Thai women than Western women despite the (often only initial) demureness.

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The girls usually have two options .

Either Work as a prostitute or have an old Felang partner .

They could also work for a living.

Farming, factory, building ....................

But you're right lazy women in Thailand can't live off welfare like they do in the west.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do understand that , but we are talking about the main female in the relationship, the Wife/GF/Partner , we arent talking about bits on the side/Mia Nois

Your views on this subject are frankly ridiculous.  My next door neighbor is a Thai woman.  She is 32.  Her husband is a muslim guy who is 56.  He has 4 other wives in this village and 17 children.  He lives full time with a wife in a house about 1km from my house.  He is not a rich man.  He is a builder (small scale village stuff).  He visits his wife next door about 1 or two times each week and very rarely stays overnight.  

In your distorted view of the world I suppose you think he has a relationship with just one of his wives and the other 4 are just bits on the side?

Do you think that each of the 4 wives that he does not live with, including my neighbor, think of themselves as just bits on the side?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They could also work for a living.

Farming, factory, building ....................

But you're right lazy women in Thailand can't live off welfare like they do in the west.

That's one of the things that floored me when I first went to Thailand.  Absolutely stunning women sweeping the streets or cleaning hotels, and with pleasant personalities!  It just wouldn't happen back home.  I understand that I might like dark girls and they aren't considered the most beautiful here, but still.  The only women I see back home in these menial roles are very unattractive or old.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

Upon reflection this topic is worthless.

As I have posted on other threads here numerous times, my GF is 20 years younger than me and beautiful.  

In my view a relationship is properly defined as a contract between two parties, the terms of which get renegotiated daily.

If a young girl has wasted her youth with an older guy, farang or otherwise, that is her issue, not the mans.  She was free to leave at any time.  If she was bound to the man for financial reasons, again that is her issue, not the mans.

The only issue here that is important, is that the older guy in a relationship with a younger lady, maintains he assets diligently.  Because when he is old and needs to upgrade to a newer model that process will be much easier with cash at hand.

• Like 1

Just now, Adumbration said:

As I have already posted in another thread, i have been here a long time, and the two most beautiful girls I have ever seen were:

1. Pumping gas at a service station in Chern Talay, Phuket

2. Riding on the back of a truck with 20 or so other construction workers

Back in the west girls that looked like that would have a vapor trail of guys chasing after them and bending over backwards to grant their every wish.

I've noticed similar and not just in Thailand. A key factor in Thailand is that it is  IMPOSSIBLE that you can be thought beautiful if you have dark skin. The two are mutually exclusive in the Thai mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I had to bail out of a relationship with a Mistress I had kept on and off for 14 years. as once I got into my fifties, I got soft and she was able to pick my locks.  Having spent 14 years looking at me balefully like a crocodile that had got hold of my arm but was being blocked every time from moving up the arm and eating the rest of me, she got so much money out of me in the last two months that I pulled the ejection handle and bailed out.

I love this paragraph.  One of the most poetic ever posted on this forum.

"I got soft and she was able to pick my locks".....priceless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So the Thai guy marries a woman of similar age and status to have the official marriage and children with to maintain face, then has a Mia Noi who is younger, hotter, but lower class; while the foreigner doesn't worry about class or need a high status woman to marry, have kids with or maintain face, so just marries the lower class woman half his age and is generally exclusive?  Is that it?

Near enough ..... though the Mia Noi of a Thai businessman may not necessarily be 'lower class', as often they are ambitious, young graduates or aspiring models/actresses.  Hotness and fun to be with are the essential attributes.

For us falangs it's not so different, but we may skip the formal wife/Mia Luang step ...... although more likely, the Mia Luang was a Mia Falang.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

"I got soft and she was able to pick my locks".....priceless 

Key point is that she spent 14 years trying to pick my locks, but was finally only able to do it when I got softer with age.

29 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What do you anticipate happening when you are 70 and she is 50?

How would I possible know that right now.

As I already posted above, my definition of a relationship is a contract between two parties, the terms of which get renegotiated every single day.

There are lots of factors here.  I actually left a relationship with another very nice well educated Thai girl to be with my current partner because the sex with her was just mind blowing.  As I get older sex will become of less importance and so I may well seek a partner that has other more suitable attributes such as being a fantastic cook or a registered nurse.  Who knows what the future holds.

For now I am happy in my relationship but I am taking care to maintain my assets should I need to rely on them in the future to facilitate another relationship transition.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Exactly what I thought.  You could probably live comfortably on 70k and bank the rest.

That kind of pension has to be from a very well paid job for a long time.

Public sector or NGO I would guess. They are the only organisations with defined benefit pensions at that level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1