British rocker joins Thai musician in viral video on TikTok

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a video of street music from Bangkok's Chinatown had viral status having been viewed 3.9 million times.

It was a TikTok video from a Thai musician called tewtor_yaowarat who busks in the Chinatown area.

He was joined in the routine by a British singer who everyone agreed had a great voice. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

It turned out to be a singer called "Ize" (pronounced 'ai zee' according to the Thai) who they say fronts a band called Cattalyst. 

The very professional video also garnered 400K likes. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

29 minutes ago, sungod said:

Let me know when you are up for a beer, you sound a barrel of laughs!!!

15+ years ago 6 of us were in a beer garden at dusk, there was a band on a small stage (3 people). An hour later my friend was on stage playing guitar. 45 minutes later he was in police custody (real handcuffs used!) with a hefty fine to negotiate . Haven't been back there since!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

15+ years ago 6 of us were in a beer garden at dusk, there was a band on a small stage (3 people). An hour later my friend was on stage playing guitar. 45 minutes later he was in police custody (real handcuffs used!) with a hefty fine to negotiate . Haven't been back there since!

My post was half in jest. But it happened with Jazz musicians playing for mostly for fun, and some for beer money who stayed a few months in Chiang Mai.

5 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Great voice, great song! I can't wait for the old farang immigrants to start complaining that he has no work permit! 

I thought busking was illegal... regardless of work permit?

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No mask and no work permit either?

Bit hard to sing with a mask on and I'd hardly call that working, he's doing a bit of guest busking, harmless.  Many, many farangs play and sing in bands all around Thailand and I never see them getting arrested for working without a work permit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Great voice, great song! I can't wait for the old farang immigrants to start complaining that he has no work permit! 

Just now waiting for the * They can find a tik tok singer, but they cant find the Red Bull heir* post ,  *Brown envelopes must have changed hands*

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Thai singer has a name, but the british singer not apparently although he had a great  voice...

It's the Thai musician's page. People on the street often join in when he's playing. Some give their names, most don't. When they do, it's in the video.

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

My post was half in jest. But it happened with Jazz musicians playing for mostly for fun, and some for beer money who stayed a few months in Chiang Mai.

I did sniggle! Yes, my story was from lower Isaan maybe 18 years ago now I think about it as my kids weren't born then. It's got me wondering...Do you need a work permit to write music at home on your computer? Do you need a work permit to author a book on a laptop?

The young man has good energy and the song fits him. However, I’m not sure how many years he can keep this up. You can see the veins in his throat popping out. He’s trashing his voice. And you can hear the hoarseness clearly near the end.