No prostitution this Songkran: RTP makes priorities clear for safe holidays

webfact

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I remember one year they ban people from riding in the bed of the pick up trucks I don’t think that worked out too good TT

You'll never stop people from using their only means to get to work, or from getting their end away for money, Thailand or anywhere else. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

NEXT

Do not go for a "happy or friendly or she just wants you happy" massage.
We keep an eye on you, we monitor your hormone levels.
We will perform random tests when people leave massage shops and check if there was something "unloaded".
Penalty: 6 years at BKK Hilton

You'd better get in quick before Songkhran, then.

IIRC, you're the guy who gets laid 5 times a day, so your hormone levels probably stay stable.

" Many of Thailand's top brass at the Royal Thai Police got together yesterday for a "what to do about Songkran" meeting. " 

I don't know if this was an intentional pun, but a BRASS is British slang for a prostitute. So are the police prostitutes ?  

40 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Your item 2 is incorrect. I have seen many Thais being given a fine for no helmet

And I bet they all went in the 300 baht queue (no receipt) rather than the 500 baht queue (receipt given)

• Like 1

In general I think was a meeting to say to the world, "Look we are so good at enforcing safety rules, come for holiday, everything good", when in reality the "action against local police turning a blind eye will never happen". From what I've heard it's like business as usual in Patt's.

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

soo easy.   Catch a falang with prostitution, death penalty.  just like drugs.

fast forward ......   tourist numbers drop from 35 million (99.999% guys) to 8 backpackers.

I'm the only one who comes to Thailand for clean air, cool days, healthy food, and safe roads

Where did you find clean air????

In a plastic bag sold at 7/11?????????????????

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

THe operators of the massage parlors should be brave enough to make public the monthly payments they make to the scumbags in brown.  How many of them (police) are using their service for free or with a huge discount? If you don't pay they will close you down. Make it legal but than they have no extra income anymore. Capito?

But there is neither prostitution nor corruption in Thailand so how could that happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

In most western countries you are correct as their needs to be some type of financial agreement prior to the act and usually a furtherance of the act. 

Not sure how the law is spelled out here.

In LOS a bank transfer is sometimes required before any “action” actually begins.  I have actually not confirmed this but some have told me this is common.  

• Confused 1