No prostitution this Songkran: RTP makes priorities clear for safe holidays

webfact

dont think they are joking. 

soapies are now a thing of the past in bangkok. all the soapies are shut down. even the might Poseidon has been sold and turned into a regular hotel.

yes, you can still find hookers (telegram), but the ease and openness of hookers is dying up as a culture in thailand.

• Like 1

Readers should not find anything special about " arresting prostitution if they break the law."  It means they will spend more  time collecting bribes from the prostitute. because there is no way to gather them all and send them to the police station. Police  stations do not have large vans to collect them all.

We all know what this mean. they are referring to street  and free lancer walkers and not workers at the bars or massage parlors.  the  price to bribe the policeman to avoid arrest is Baht 1000 per time.  

In the cities, there are many other places for street walkers beside around the Nana hotel. - lumpini park, china town, behind Rama IX and other places. Every mid size city has their "own prostitution gathering". They are around places when they are a lot of gathering of men 

I guess the police is short of bonuses for their officer on Songkran .Getting the money from prostitutes is a good safe haven of cash flow.

• Like 1

Since there are not many foreigners coming to Thailand ,  policemen are having a tough time collecting Baht2,000 from foreigners throwing the cigarettes bud on the floor  on Sukhumvit. 

They are focusing now on the the street walkers and get their money from them. 

At Songkran. People with extra bonus would love to get the "afternoon delight" before being locked at home with family for few days. So the streets will be full of prostitutes. for the Thai men (not farang).

There is no way to round up the prostitutes and send them to the local station.

Paperwork and hassle will be enormous. It is a drive to collect quick money for each prostitute..

that is Thailand for you.

Officer asks me is that your wife. I say yes. He ask you buy her motorcycle? I say yes. He asked you buy her gold necklace?  I say yes. He ask you buy her car? I say yes. He asked you buy her house?  I say yes. He say your wife under arrest for prostitution.  5555

On 4/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, KhunLA said:

"One item on the 8 item checklist, called for decisive action against places of prostitution if they break the law."

Did they not get the memo: 

image.png.da076e691a15c47d61e01b250cf610b5.png

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/tourism/pattaya-police-chief-says-there-is-no-such-thing-as-prostitution-in-pattaya/

That is from over  five years ago , it seems to get mentioned at least once per day on this forum , it really is time to stop going on about it 

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Stop moaning ?

can you please copy and paste my post where I was moaning.

I

Here.

Moaning about having to drive to Phuket!! End Of!

Between now and next year I have 5 friends coming with wife and kids, they all stay in Phuket resorts though which annoys me as it is a long drive to visit them for the weekend.

Just now, Jimbo53 said:

Here.

Between now and next year I have 5 friends coming with wife and kids, they all stay in Phuket resorts though which annoys me as it is a long drive to visit them for the weekend.

Sounds like a statement of fact to me, Phuket is a long drive!

Just now, Jimbo53 said:

Here.

Yeah the moan is I can only visit for the weekend.

Leave home 10pm Friday night, arrive 8am.

spend Saturday and Sunday with them then drive back Sunday night Leaving there at 10pm to get to work on Monday at 8am.

I wish I had the free time to spend a week with each but I do not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

65+ deaths/day (on the spot) in traffic accidents, but the first priority of the RTP is fixed on (not existing in Thailand) prostitution on Songkran?

Amazing Thailand indeed ...

RTP has different divisions that are tasked to different jobs.

Did you not see the threads about traffic police being ordered to mobilize ?

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

RTP has different divisions that are tasked to different jobs.

Did you not see the threads about traffic police being ordered to mobilize ?

Yes Ralf, the RTP has different departments.
- The department who went up-and-down Walking Street and came to the conclusion that there are no prostitutes working there.
- The department who are every day in their Air-Conditioned boots playing with their cellphones 1 meter away from the traffic and can see thousands of motorbike drivers without a helmet, but are too lazy to come out of their boot and make an arrest.
And there is the department that houses the most Police in the world, "the non-active duty department" where all the police are moved once they are catched with corruption.

Welcome to Thailand, Ralf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Yes Ralf, the RTP has different departments.
- The department who went up-and-down Walking Street and came to the conclusion that there are no prostitutes working there.
- The department who are every day in their Air-Conditioned boots playing with their cellphones 1 meter away from the traffic and can see thousands of motorbike drivers without a helmet, but are too lazy to come out of their boot and make an arrest.
And there is the department that houses the most Police in the world, "the non-active duty department" where all the police are moved once they are catched with corruption.

Welcome to Thailand, Ralf.

Thanks for confirming the RTP has different depts with different tasks they are to perform.

Kinda ridiculous to suggest the depts for Prostitution and Human Trafficking should be out patrolling the roads and motorways for drunks and speeders.

Take all kinds though.