Jealous ex stabs woman to death in front of stunned shoppers - no one intervenes

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police revealed that he had left jail in 2019 after being convicted of attempted murder of his ex girlfriend. 

well I hope this time the keep him in and he rots to death behind bars.

• Like 1

So they broke up.  He had a new girlfriend and she was dating someone.  And they both would continue speaking to each other.  So he decides to come looking for her and stabs her.  How crazy is that. 
Im just speculating.  The encounter could have happened really fast.  But nevertheless spectators are in shock in a situation like that.  And the first response for most is just look, run, or hide.  Especially if a weapon is involved.  You may want to help, but your mind says not to.   But some people did step forward, but unfortunately it was too late.  At least they held the guy for authorities.  I give them a lot of credit for that. 
There was a comment about security guards at stores , malls etc.  In my little over two years in Bangkok I have only seen two security guards armed at banks with full protective equipment.  The others at banks, malls, etc. don’t even have anything for defense.  Not even pepper spray or handcuffs to control someone. 

• Like 2

This woman, who was the victim of a horrible crime, chose to be in a relationship with a man who was released from prison for trying to murder a previous girlfriend, and bears a certain responsibility for what happened to her.   If I'd been present and was stabbed while intervening in such an attack, and had I survived, I would have been furious at her once I'd learned the facts. 

If I'd been present and happened to know this man's history beforehand, I definitely would not have gotten involved, unless I'd happened to be walking around with a firearm in my pocket, and I don't walk around with firearms in my pocket. 

If it was a kid being stabbed, I'd have gotten involved, and probably gotten killed, but I wouldn't risk my life for a 32 year old adult in a horrible and volatile situation of her own making. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Nothing to find in a Big C store to kick him with?? throw at him? slam with?  I know it sounds easier than it would be, but nobody did anything to prevent this...

What would you have done,do not speculate on what other would have done what would you have done

56 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

So they broke up.  He had a new girlfriend and she was dating someone.  And they both would continue speaking to each other.  So he decides to come looking for her and stabs her.  How crazy is that. 
Im just speculating.  The encounter could have happened really fast.  But nevertheless spectators are in shock in a situation like that.  And the first response for most is just look, run, or hide.  Especially if a weapon is involved.  You may want to help, but your mind says not to.   But some people did step forward, but unfortunately it was too late.  At least they held the guy for authorities.  I give them a lot of credit for that. 
There was a comment about security guards at stores , malls etc.  In my little over two years in Bangkok I have only seen two security guards armed at banks with full protective equipment.  The others at banks, malls, etc. don’t even have anything for defense.  Not even pepper spray or handcuffs to control someone. 

Never expect a security guard to do anything and defiantly do not expect a cop to step in 

• Like 2

My dad years ago was shot by a guy on a similar rampage in the Winchester Western cafeteria. Said it felt like a horse kick; fortunately his trousers had steel buttons.

Point is the guy had emptied his revolver and ducked into the lavatory passage. He reloaded and came out blazing again before my pop got to him. Knives don't need to be reloaded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sleepwalker999 said:

People tend to freeze up in these situations, I find this article's insinuation that people doing their weekly shopping are somehow to blame for a murder a bit disturbing to be honest. 

People don't interfere in such incidents in many countries, and in many the police/authorities frequently tell the public to not get involved. 

• Like 2