Some things are out of your control.

Guest TerryS123

Guest TerryS123

So, about 5:00 yesterday evening my electricity went out at my condo. I thought no big deal it goes on and off frequently. I then notice no one else's is off. Had to get a hotel last night as it was late. First I was told the owner asked to turn off, then the PEA. BTW- All bills are paid up and never been late. 

Come to find out the old owner and the new owner are going at each other over something and the new owner never switched the electric to his name so the old owner had the PEA take the meter.

Has nothing to do with me but here I am sitting in a hot condo not knowing where I am sleeping tonight. Thanks for letting me vent.

Guest TerryS123

My agent is working on this as we speak. But it looks like I am moving. Should be no excuse to let me out of my lease and return deposit,  right?

To the title ... few things are NOT in my control, and why I avoid renting, over my lifetime.

OK, full disclosure, renting now ???? waiting on house (3rd) to be completed.  Damn hypocrite. 

Wife did actually check though, when I signed lease, that owner was on chanote, and services in his name.  She's not just a pretty face.

Future, going solar & collecting rain water ... just for the independence of.

Good luck with your situation, may be a blessing in disguise, lots of bargains out there at the moment.

• Confused 1

Guest TerryS123
19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they want you out... 

They are doing it the wrong way if that was the case. Right now my landlord is paying for me a hotel. They are losing money. 

14 minutes ago, TerryS123 said:

They are doing it the wrong way if that was the case. Right now my landlord is paying for me a hotel. They are losing money. 

If he is actually paying the hotel then that is obviously a good sign.

Just make sure they pay it and you don't end up paying the hotel by yourself.

Good luck!