COVID-19: Thailand reports 105 deaths, 22,387 new coronavirus cases, 27,680 recoveries

webfact

COV11.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (April 11) reported 22,387 new COVID-19 cases, 27,680 recoveries and 105 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 3,905,872 with 26,188 deaths.

The news comes as the Faculty of Pharmacy at Thailand’s Chulalongkorn University has developed a liquid solution in which crushed Favipiravir tablets can be dissolved to help young children infected with COVID-19 take the medicine.

Dr. Wanchai Chongcharoen, a lecturer at the faculty, said that they faculty became aware of the difficulties faced by parents, when giving the medication to very young children, and decided to find a way to address it and, thereby, help the infected children.**

**Thai PBS contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update11APR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Phuket marks 189 new COVID cases, no new deaths

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 189 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Apr 10), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 48,988.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-189-new-covid-cases-no-new-deaths-83769.php

Image: PPHO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would think that the numbers will maybe go up on Wednesday after all Monday and Tuesday case numbers are from the weekend slowdown in testing.  Then from Thursday onward they may be stagnated at whatever Wednesdays case count was, unless this Government pulls the fear card out by saying that the Songkran numbers are already climbing, and this causing more restrictions to come into play.

However, the metric of deaths, critical/serious condition cases and intubations, as we always say. especially @TallGuyJohninBKK in his reports, are the definitive way to look at covid and at the way it is spreading.  Testing is and always will be unreliable here.

The drop in weekend numbers are what I called an “artifact” last year. Apparently, last year, nobody agreed with me that weekend numbers were artificially low, due to reduced testing.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

I know 10 people who have tested positive twice with atk and have not reported it. Basically 3 households. This will be happening Thailand wide. The actual infection numbers IMO will be massively higher than the reported numbers.

I suspect that you could multiple the number of newly hospitalized by 100 to provide the real number of new infections.

Of course, we never see that number.

• Thanks 1

I know 10 people who have tested positive twice with atk and have not reported it. Basically 3 households. This will be happening Thailand wide. The actual infection numbers IMO will be massively higher than the reported numbers.

'massively'  

This word is often mis-applied, but for once is completely apt.

• Like 1

My wife as well, I have to admit.She says people are throwing the medicine, because many experience side effects.And, to be honest, as long as you only have mild symptoms, why taking anyhting else than Paracetamol, drinking tea with honey and other known remedies?It makes no sense to me.

She is now on her 10th isolation day, only very mild symptoms, such as sore throat and runny nose.Periodic cough, nothing serious.No fever at all, during all these days.

Most likely, will stay 2 days more, as she still comes positive on ATK and has an very old and sick mom at home.

Edited by drenddy
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Virt said:

When i compare Denmark and Thailand, Thailand does seem to have a prolonged period of omicron wave, which is a bit weird.

Here in Denmark we had a massive surge in Dec and January, and then it started to rapidly go down in February.

We dropped ALL restrictions in Denmark at Feb 2 when we were almost at the top of peaks, but Thailand kept on rising.

Screenshot_2022-04-11-04-32-59-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.4d42ba11d945d0341bf1b5388e810017.jpg

Here they estimated that more than 70% of the Danes had omicron in Dec-march, which gave a combo herd immunity from the virus and vaccines, so i wonder if Thailand are prolonging the problem by keeping some restrictions in place.

All i know is that it is nice to live in a country that had zero restrictions for more than 2 months.

Hopefully Thailand reach that point in near future, so they too get back to a normal life where covid is not headlines anymore.

'so i wonder if Thailand are prolonging the problem by keeping some restrictions in place.'

Well yes, absolutely.  But did you notice intubations are already high?  If they were to open up that could easily double or treble.  But like many I suspect actual infection numbers are many times higher than reported.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

nobody agreed with me that weekend numbers were artificially low

not correct, it was the other ## you posted along with it that nobody agreed with, you went on my ignore list for a while until you sorted yourself out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Today's version of the MoPH two-week trends chart for 14-day running average new daily cases, serious COVID hospitalization, COVID intubations, and new daily COVID deaths.

920619556_TwoWeekTrends2022-04-11.jpg.61381e8273017e44c4685cbebad86658.jpg

In the red text at the bottom right corner of the graph, MoPH says that 99 of today's 105 newly reported deaths (94%) had NOT received a third dose COVID booster vaccination.

Also, MoPH's daily deaths report today indicated than an Australian was among the 105 new deaths.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MoPH today published a graphic and accompanying post on their survey of Thai COVID patients who have shown symptoms of so-called Long COVID -- symptoms that linger on months after the infection has resolved.

Their findings of the six most common symptoms among those patients:

1 Nervous system, found 27.33%, including acute local weakness, headache, dizziness, forgetfulness, muscle atrophy
2 Psychological systems found 32.1%, namely insomnia, anxiety, depression.
3 Cardiovascular system, found 22.86%, including chest pain, palpitations
4 Respiratory system, found at 44.38%, including shortness of breath, chronic cough
5 skin systems, found 22.8%, including hair loss, allergic rash
6 general systems, found 23.41%, including fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain

1939025600_2022-04-11LongCOVIDsymptoms.jpg.d1492a4ef0119eb6976d2b396df4096b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/539730957645233

Maybe I have the start of a long covid symptom as my hips have never hurt before and I have joint pain in both  hips and since I recovered a few weeks ago I constantly have to move from side to side or front to back whereas before I slept like a rock on either side and rarely moved for an 8 hour period.  Crazy if that's the case.  Asked the doctor if it could be arthritis and he indicated that I have no signs anywhere in my body.

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe I have the start of a long covid symptom as my hips have never hurt before and I have joint pain in both  hips and since I recovered a few weeks ago I constantly have to move from side to side or front to back whereas before I slept like a rock on either side and rarely moved for an 8 hour period.  Crazy if that's the case.  Asked the doctor if it could be arthritis and he indicated that I have no signs anywhere in my body.

Don't know.  You should start gentle hip exercises immediately, eg, leg rotations/standing on one leg.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe I have the start of a long covid symptom as my hips have never hurt before and I have joint pain in both  hips and since I recovered a few weeks ago

Could be related....

6 general systems, found 23.41%, including fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain

The above graphic claimed that such symptoms typically have been resolving within a couple months post infection...

And if the symptoms continue on longer than that, to consult a doctor.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Don't know.  You should start gentle hip exercises immediately, eg, leg rotations/standing on one leg.

I do those on a daily basis before I do my 6km jog walk.  Prior to having Covid last month I was in the best shape of my life at 57.

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do those on a daily basis before I do my 6km jog walk.  Prior to having Covid last month I was in the best shape of my life at 57.

Interesting.  It could be overuse injury then. My knees get that way when I jog a lot.  Light therapeutic exercise is the order of the day most likely.

I wonder if NSAIDS would work- voltaren perhaps.

Edited by mommysboy

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Interesting.  It could be overuse injury then. My knees get that way when I jog a lot.  Light therapeutic exercise is the order of the day most likely.

I wonder if NSAIDS would work- voltaren perhaps.

Got some Voltaren gel today, using it tonight, will see how it works.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have neuropathy that was diagnosed 23 years ago.  However, intense pain in both hips and upper legs causes me to have restless sleep.  This has been going on for two weeks.  I often get up at night and use the faux Lazy Boy to elevate my legs.  I take acetaminophen every 4 to 6 hours, as well as a set of five pills provided by my sister-in-law in Bangkok.  These work but no idea what is in them.  I am 72 and also have diabetes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/11/chonburi-announces-1036-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-five-new-deaths/

Excerpt:

Four people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or with pneumonia. Two of them were not vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic at 99.735 percent.

The five new deaths were aged 61, 87, 88, 89, and 99 with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. Two of them were not vaccinated.
  • Thanks 1

On April 5th  one family member had COVID, now on the 11th 3 members have COVID and the other 2 are

living in fear of catching it. i am glad that I live across the city and have been healthy so far, touch wood.

In BKK my Thai family have had 50 percent come in contact with COVID, and lucky that they all have had their

shots.  When I see that the numbers of cases in Thailand are still over 20 thousand new cases each day, I am convinced

that the pandemic is still on going, and Songkran will not help the situation at all. Good luck to all of you, and stay 

healthy.

COVID-19: Thailand reports 19,982 new coronavirus cases, 28,057 recoveries, 101 deaths

COV12.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (April 12) reported 19,982 new COVID-19 cases, 28,057 recoveries and 101 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1256482-covid-19-thailand-reports-19982-new-coronavirus-cases-28057-recoveries-101-deaths/

//COSED//

/Admin