Visa exempt 30 days uk national rejected

2 hours ago, JFHuaHin said:

Very subtle done

Payment was made to a agent I have used for years and she will pass it on to them.

I'm interested in the mechanics of that. How did using that agent come up, did you ask to call her or did an IO hint at it?

At face value, involving an additional 3rd party instead of leading you to a dark corner for a cash payment seems to increase the risk of attracting attention to their shenanigans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If people spent 1 year learning Thai and they couldn't speak Thai, Immigration think people just paid for an education visa without attending classes 

Correct.  But that wouldn't make the visa itself illegal.  Or is there a by-law stating that you must pass the classes specifically?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, it would be highly irregular and potentially problematic if an I.O was accepting money in a brown envelope to stamp tourist into Thailand upon arrival and people may suspect the I.O criminal activity . 

So the agent steps in and processes the application , receives the payment and the I.O gets his share with no comebacks and no allegations of corruptions  

Exactly, imagine it would be posted and spread all over social media and the internet like wildfire.

Edited by userabcd

22 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

They show they have enough money, either lump sum or income methods and they can stay.

How much is "enough" for people who might live, say, another 40 years? The Elite visa exists for the well-heeled, how many others who haven't qualified for pensions have really got enough to support themselves?

2 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I'm not surprised they held you up, they must have wondered what you're really doing in Thailand, you're not here on holiday, are you?

Many people enter on tourist visa who are not on holiday, with full knowledge of immigration.

11 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I would say it is pretty unusual not to be able to speak at least basic Thai after 17 years

For starters what is the definition of "basic Thai".........

I know many people who have been here for more than 8 years and cannot put more than a few "basic" phrases together. They certainly cannot carry on a conversation. I doubt they will suddenly decide to learn basic thai in the next 10 years or ever.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1