Problems getting a 3 month non-O at Jomtien Immigration

Hi guys, 

I came to Thailand one week ago on a 30 day visa exemption. A few days ago I rented a condo in Jomtien. I decided to get a 3 month non-O visa with a view to get a retirement extension after that. I went to Jomtien immigration and they require many documents from the property. See attached photo. The rental agency who is managing the condo say they don't have the owners tabien baan and they were never asked about this before. They have only the tabien baan for the condo. Also this is the first time I was asked for a letter from the owner. Thanks in advance for your replies.

20220412_113939.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedArmy said:

TNot much help, but im sure you know you can apply for a 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry - At least that would buy you some time untill you get your papers in order.

My plan was to get a retirement extension after getting a 3 month non-O. I don't know how to do that with a 30 day extension

47 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

My plan was to get a retirement extension after getting a 3 month non-O. I don't know how to do that with a 30 day extension

The idea of the 30 day extension, was just to buy yourself some time untill you have all your papers in order - I have been buying time for the past 6 months here - I intend to go down the exact same route as you next month.

18 hours ago, Barry864 said:

and what is the purpose of this " letter from condo" when you have a rental contract ?

The letter from the condo being management to prove its not a fake contract, maybe?

@Barry864 The two rentals I have had in the past had all of the other documents asked for included in the contract. Sounds like a rental agent that isn't doing their job to me

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, PeachCH said:

Many agents can solve your problems just in a few days time. 

You mean immigration agents ? I asked one outside immigration and he's asking for 35,000 baht. Are they joking ? I would never pay that

UPDATE

The condo owner who lives in Sweden provided the agency with a bad unclear picture of the condo's tabien baan which is of course not acceptable by Immigration. Despite multiple attempts she refuses to provide a clear copy of this documet citing ridiculous reasons as "it is not safe for her" etc. So I rented this condo and I cannot get the visa I wanted. I wonder if someone stays at a hotel can he get this 3 month visa ? Tuesday is the last day I can apply. Any advice welcome.

Edited by Barry864

Get a 30 day extension to give yourself time to sort this.  You may have to move. 

The rental agent didn't do their job.  With every condo we've rented, all these documents were part of the rental contract.  This is why you use a real estate agent rather than trying to rent directly from the owner.  In a couple cases, we did rent directly from owners, but they were local and provided all these documents.  If they didn't, we wouldn't have signed the lease.

There's a reason an visa agent is quoting high fees like 35,000 baht.  It's because you don't have everything in order and they're going to have to "make a deal" with immigration on your behalf.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Get a 30 day extension to give yourself time to sort this.  You may have to move. 

The rental agent didn't do their job.  With every condo we've rented, all these documents were part of the rental contract.  This is why you use a real estate agent rather than trying to rent directly from the owner.  In a couple cases, we did rent directly from owners, but they were local and provided all these documents.  If they didn't, we wouldn't have signed the lease.

There's a reason an visa agent is quoting high fees like 35,000 baht.  It's because you don't have everything in order and they're going to have to "make a deal" with immigration on your behalf.  

I will try to get a 30 day extension, the immigration officer suggested that too. I need to say that the immigration officer was very helpful and professional and all her demands were reasonable and explained to me so I have no issues with the immigration service whatsoever. As for the documentation, l was not that concerned about the tb as last time I rented in Bangkok 3 years ago the Immigration at CW asked me only for the contract and a map, but admittedly that was for a retirement extension and not for a 3 month non-O. 

Edited by Barry864

On 4/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, Barry864 said:

UPDATE

The condo owner who lives in Sweden provided the agency with a bad unclear picture of the condo's tabien baan which is of course not acceptable by Immigration.

Just an FYI I had unclear copies sent to my Xiaomi phone message app that were all unclear.   Landlord sent copies via WhatsApp and Line and both were clear and accepted at immigration. 

I unintentionally caused a little bit of frustration because I didn't understand they wanted the Leased Condo Headstay and the owners of the Condo Headstay.  Still learning the documents and requirements so I know for next time.

1 hour ago, Barry864 said:

FINAL UPDATE

The condo owner finally succumbed to pressure by me and the real estate agent and sent clear pictures of the two tabien baans required. After printing those they were accepted by immigration as was my application for a 3 month non-O. Thanks all members for your valuable advice. 

Glad that everything worked out for you in the end. But would you have also not needed to provide copies of these docs as part a completed TM30 form submission in any case?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:02 PM, Caldera said:

Having such an extensive list of papers is just their way of nudging you towards using an agent.

Are there any problems with using an agent and what would it cost as i will be looking for a "hasslefree" long term visa 

8 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Are there any problems with using an agent and what would it cost as i will be looking for a "hasslefree" long term visa 

The OP posted that he was successful in last update.

He will not have any issues in the future.

Agent is an option however not required if you can meet the requirements.