Recommendations for accomodations in Pattaya

Guest truthman

Guest truthman

I need to go to Pattaya next week and i wondered if anyone has a recommendation for a good place to stay. It doesn't have to be fancy, just convenient, clean and safe. I should be staying four or  five days.  Budget is somewhere between 500 and 1000 baht.  I don't care that much about amenities like a pool or gym but I do need reliable Internet. Thanks in advance.

If you will be going out drinking, finding you know what, somewhere around Buakhao or second road is best. Sutus court above is a good call, gets recommended a lot. If you want house hold names theres Holiday Inn Express on Buakhao and Travelodge on soi 15, both good locations

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I like to use the Areca, but likely it will be more than your budget. Sutus Court maybe, Metropole opposite Areca has some specials.

They are such Newbie Hotels , I think everyone in Pattaya has stayed at one or the other at one time on holidays in Pattaya 

Always stayed at  Areca Lodge - seconds from LK/Buakhao . Couple of mins from Treetown.

Superb pools and service(had a nice breakfast included - fresh eggs). Get a pool view with balcony. Good quality, nice size rooms.

Not been back since pre-Covid though - prior to that the missus and I would stay at least 10 times a year ( they used to have a loyalty card re number of days )

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, San Fran Dan said:

They are such Newbie Hotels , I think everyone in Pattaya has stayed at one or the other at one time on holidays in Pattaya 

I would not class them as newbie hotels unless we have differing definition of newbie? Areca has a good guest policy, is a large hotel with multiple pools and a great location for the  nightlife.... the other two are close by of course. Staggering distance from LK Metro is important!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

If you will be going out drinking, finding you know what, somewhere around Buakhao or second road is best. Sutus court above is a good call, gets recommended a lot. If you want house hold names theres Holiday Inn Express on Buakhao and Travelodge on soi 15, both good locations

Holiday Inn Express has been closed for over two years.... Vogue Hotel off soi Lengkee is worth considering...

• Confused 1

I would just book on airbnb. That way you know what your getting. Searching around for a place for that short a time ain't worth it.

What you like and what someone else recommends are totally different.

Edited by JimTripper

I went right through the beach/2nd road area last month looking for accommodation. I ended up at Apex on 2nd rd(550 b)but I am sure I was the only guest and became bored . I found Intown Hotel (500 b)in Soi Honey just near second road(close to central, beach, bars). Is a bit run down but very clean with welcoming staff, a nice  pool  on the roof where you can watch the bay, balcony, air, a cafe downstairs with 100b breakfast and a fair priced bar with friendly girls who were fun. The only drawback was the tv was mainly Thai. People have mentioned Aiyaree which is great but think it is now exclusively SHA. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I went right through the beach/2nd road area last month looking for accommodation. I ended up at Apex on 2nd rd(550 b)but I am sure I was the only guest and became bored . I found Intown Hotel (500 b)in Soi Honey just near second road(close to central, beach, bars). Is a bit run down but very clean with welcoming staff, a nice  pool  on the roof where you can watch the bay, balcony, air, a cafe downstairs with 100b breakfast and a fair priced bar with friendly girls who were fun. The only drawback was the tv was mainly Thai. People have mentioned Aiyaree which is great but think it is now exclusively SHA. 

Intown Hotel have luxury rooms available, the difference between them and standard rooms is carpet 555, i got a free upgrade once 555.

Ice Inn round the corner is another cheap alternative

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I have always used Sutus Court on Soi Buakhao. Make sure NOT to get their budget rooms, upgrade at least to the next level above. That's still within your budget.

And round the corner, Soi Lengkee: "Opey de Place". Basic room for less than a week is 750/day.

Close by: "Vogue Hotel" and "P Plus hotel" (haven't stayed there).

P Plus was full of Chinese. Guess empty now. Quite new and comfy.

Another place on Soi Buakhao: "Nature View".

Not on booking systems. Book directly at hotel.

Good value for money. Vaccinated guests only.

Prefer poolside rooms!

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 4/19/2022 at 6:41 AM, jacko45k said:

I like to use the Areca, but likely it will be more than your budget.

Yes, Areca times of budget rooms are over. Stayed there for 800/night at the Corona wing :biggrin: But now they went the SHA* route and back to more expensive rooms.

Starts at about 1500 now ("specials").

Corona: some country I know labels Covid as Corona.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Plenty of spots near Jomtien Beach if you don't like the sound of loud music and booming bass while trying to sleep. ???? I guess I am just getting old. ????  Are any of the Pattaya places mentioned here far enough from the beer bars that you don't hear the music?  I stayed at Sawadee Siam during a recent visit, oy vey, never again.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Intown Hotel have luxury rooms available, the difference between them and standard rooms is carpet 555, i got a free upgrade once 555.

Ice Inn round the corner is another cheap alternative

I checked out Ice but felt it seemed aimed at younger customers. Maybe just when I looked. Does not have a pool if that matters.