Thailand (Still) Plans to Declare Covid-19 as Endemic by July

webfact

Get rid of all the mandates including wearing masks or Thailand will never recover economically. Just look to the countries that have removed mandates, their covid numbers and their economic numbers and there you will find the answers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

If you ask me, I think Thailand pretty much has lost the plot as what to declare and what to really do with this Covid, utter confusion and hopelessness....

Pandemic - endemic on again off again on again off again...........................................

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, right, run that past me again. only 140 odd in ranking in tests per million , or about 25% of  all the populace. How can you state 'doing quite well' testing only 25% of the populace ? You simply don't find what you refuse to look for !

Djibouti, Kyrgyzstan, libya, rwanda, Namibia, palastine, Gabon,  Lebanon , Botswanna.............. ALL tested more per million that Thailand - you think those countries have better health care too ? 

Compare deaths to daily new cases with say Australia and Thailand's daily new cases are under reported by a factor of 10

4 hours ago, mania said:

Your in the rear view mirror of most that use to travel & vacation there

You are no longer relevant as a destination to spend quality time in

This would be a very good result for Thailand, maybe.  The culture and the country is invaded by foreigners, which is a culture in itself, but at scale becomes a hollow shell.  

4 hours ago, micmichd said:

Guess Thailand (CCSA) will follow the guidelines of WHO. And then all kinds of Westerners come and yell out " We don't want Bill Gates' NWO, and we don't want a reset. We want more handouts from our nanny states" 

Sure there are plenty of western nut cases , fortunately though they are not pretending to run their respective nations !

7 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Please whether you declare or not, get rid of Thai pass...that is not stopping covid and not making it any better by stopping tourists...get rid of TP...keep it Pandemic or whatever status you like to keep. Let people earn some living!

Covid Emergency= Pandemic= TP It’s all linked. Endemic= CE Done= TP Done = All Restrictions Done.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kennw said:

Compare deaths to daily new cases with say Australia and Thailand's daily new cases are under reported by a factor of 10

Only Deaths Matter vs Total Pop vs Risk Conditions. Testing data unless uniform & properly structured ( S. Korea / Sweden) is problematic & leads to fake or dishonest statistics like “ 3% of Cases Die” when it’s only 0.025% of total pop. Dying with 75% of those aged 75 +.with balance having Serious Conditions. 

1 hour ago, DRD123 said:

Get rid of all the mandates including wearing masks or Thailand will never recover economically. Just look to the countries that have removed mandates, their covid numbers and their economic numbers and there you will find the answers.

That would require Rationality Logic Science Judgement. All in very short supply here with low IQ passive irrational fatalistic Culture. 

37 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

This would be a very good result for Thailand, maybe.  The culture and the country is invaded by foreigners, which is a culture in itself, but at scale becomes a hollow shell.  

Yes of course!

Would be great for places like Hawaii too that never had disease & pestilence till the falangs arrived

But like Thailand it is far too late for such things

You would easier fit a camel thru the eye of a needle ????

Pandora's box was opened long ago for Thailand

You think the Thai people want to go back to their culture without the money of what foreigners invest & spend in Thailand?

It is a nice thought but not possible nor wanted by the Thai people themselves

• Like 1

6 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

These buffoons can say what they please, but the fact is that the only body authorized to declare a pandemic "endemic" is the WHO, not a bunch of corrupt, inept soldiers.

National Govts of course can do this alone for their own nations. 

34 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Just the maximum possible difference. Refer my below post reply. 

Sorry, but I can't see from your post what difference what we call it makes.  

Does one mean more restrictions than the other, or is it just words?

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Sorry, but I can't see from your post what difference what we call it makes.  

Does one mean more restrictions than the other, or is it just words?

Pandemic status triggers & maintains Covid Emergency State here including Thai Pass, Tests, Masks etc.

Endemic status declaration triggers removal of the whole clown show restrictions. No TP, Open Borders, More Flights . Maximum Tourists etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Pandemic status triggers & maintains Covid Emergency State here including Thai Pass, Tests, Masks etc.

Endemic status declaration triggers removal of the whole clown show restrictions. No TP, Open Borders, More Flights . Maximum Tourists etc. 

Thanks, that I understood.

6 hours ago, mania said:

None except maybe those you prefer didn't come, The Mongers

Although they in reality have been your bread & butter most of your existence even since Vietnam war times when you were just a R&R spot for horny tired soldiers

This. 9000%. The bolded part.

Thailand has built it's wealth and their ticket entry into the current century on the back of their hookers and that's physically speaking AND metaphorically speaking as well.

Getting rid of prostitution by getting rid of the mongers and there you are left with a broken Kingdom that has nothing to offer, Thailand in itself is absolutely nothing special, in fact let's face it for once and all; Thailand is a dump, that attracts nothing but criminals, (ex)cons and dodgy characters, the entire Kingdom is a complete mess without it's tourism economy and it's women spreading their legs wide opened was the only incentive they could ever possibly offer.

These days I rarely post here at all, why you may ask? Because Vietnam and Cambodia have caught up, the Thai incentive has sailed, the junta has effectively killed the golden goose.

Even if they did a 180 degrees U-turn and all of a sudden allowed us foreigners an easy path to Thai citizenship, 10 years visas without the 90 days reports like criminals and also offered the possibility of legally owning land (think small land enough to build and own our homes), it wouldn't overturn, balance or even out all the damage they have done to their reputation. I for one, would never be able to TRUST a Thai ever again, I wouldn't think of returning to this dump ever, the incentive has sailed, they have shown their true colors, they can rot for all I care.

Thailand elites have shown their disrespect, their zero gratitude attitude towards us, heck, they have zero gratitude towards their own kin, the average somchais who are the bottom of the crooked social ladder and of course, they have zero gratitude towards their hookers even though as I said above, they built their entire economy on (in?) their backs, bunch of xenophobic clowns.

Thailand was a dream, I woke up from that dream, I now see it for what it is; a nightmare.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I seriously fear for Thailand if they ever have a war with these incompetents in charge -..-......

I have had this idea alread many times. When "the enemy" would cross the Mekong the military junta would still think about what to do or how to react.

1) they would form a comittee coming together next week.

2) then they would order that all the +1.000 generals should  come back from the USA, China or anywhere else to make a plan for the  future of the war.

3) then they would go to the Wat to be blessed for making the right decisions. and being lucky.

4) All "falang" news reporters would get the order going back to their home country, because this war is a Thai problem  they should not report about

5) ... the list goes on.

That's the system how they work with the covid problem.

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

Long time ago in Swaziland I read that HIV there was endemic, meaning it was pretty much out of control and people were as likely to have it as not. 

Edited by rott

8 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Er, hang on a minute

Good to see internal communication still working well.

Based on the OP times of these 2 threads it would appear that around 15 hours is a long time in Thai politics!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanaSomchai said:

This. 9000%. The bolded part.

Thailand has built it's wealth and their ticket entry into the current century on the back of their hookers and that's physically speaking AND metaphorically speaking as well.

Getting rid of prostitution by getting rid of the mongers and there you are left with a broken Kingdom that has nothing to offer, Thailand in itself is absolutely nothing special, in fact let's face it for once and all; Thailand is a dump, that attracts nothing but criminals, (ex)cons and dodgy characters, the entire Kingdom is a complete mess without it's tourism economy and it's women spreading their legs wide opened was the only incentive they could ever possibly offer.

These days I rarely post here at all, why you may ask? Because Vietnam and Cambodia have caught up, the Thai incentive has sailed, the junta has effectively killed the golden goose.

Even if they did a 180 degrees U-turn and all of a sudden allowed us foreigners an easy path to Thai citizenship, 10 years visas without the 90 days reports like criminals and also offered the possibility of legally owning land (think small land enough to build and own our homes), it wouldn't overturn, balance or even out all the damage they have done to their reputation. I for one, would never be able to TRUST a Thai ever again, I wouldn't think of returning to this dump ever, the incentive has sailed, they have shown their true colors, they can rot for all I care.

Thailand elites have shown their disrespect, their zero gratitude attitude towards us, heck, they have zero gratitude towards their own kin, the average somchais who are the bottom of the crooked social ladder and of course, they have zero gratitude towards their hookers even though as I said above, they built their entire economy on (in?) their backs, bunch of xenophobic clowns.

Thailand was a dream, I woke up from that dream, I now see it for what it is; a nightmare.

Wikipedia “ Economy of Thailand”. Educate Yourselves.

8 hours ago, tandor said:

...whilst we are crystal ball glazing...i will predict it will be another 2 years before this virus becomes endemic, which means one case per one hundred thousand persons. So people hurry up and get Vaccinated.

Thanks for the definition. I had either forgotten or never knew. The real issue is the question : what will that change in Thailand?