Electric Vehicles in Thailand

10 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Yes, it’s true that some people are so dense that they don’t know how to insert a plug into a socket. These people tend to purchase overpriced obsolete stuff.

You seem to think that buying a BYD EV is like just ordering something on Lazada where there isn’t a lot of recourse if something goes wrong. In 10 years time, if (IF) the battery needs replacing, I’m 100% certain that this is a much simpler task than replacing an ICE engine and that the cost of the battery will be significantly less than what it is today. BYD is one of the largest car manufacturers in the world today and from a business perspective, they will not leave their existing customers high and dry.

BeYondDiscount's price policy is clearly showing that BYD will happily send customers down the creek without a paddle. 

10 years from now, they will have build a wall of excuses not to service you or honor any of your warranty claims.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

what's your source? your firsthand experience, a crystal ball, or just making things up?

anti-ev people like you always try to spread nonsense.

get a life, enjoy spending time with your daughter, admire the beautiful view from your pool,

take a drive in your bmw, or tell your wife you're bored and need a hobby ...

Are you on the right thread.........?....🤒

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Perhaps staying in the jungle is better than coming into the light?  They do say ignorance is bliss!

Well you, obviously, cannot speak from personal experience.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

My journeys in our EV vs ICE don't take much longer, if at all, when O&A.  I'm going to stop, P, walk the dog, and grab a munch/coffee.   I can do that all while the EV is charging back up.  Most times the EV is done charging, before I'm done munching or finishing my coffee.

Them be the 'facts'.   I need that break every 3-4 hrs, no matter what.  YMMV

There was a guy in the UK who sold his EV because he put on so much weight from all the coffee and junk food he ate while waiting for the thing to charge.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, In the jungle said:

Well you, obviously, cannot speak from personal experience.

You're right, I would never be in the jungle but try to speak as if I knew my ass from elbow

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pib said:

https://autolifethailand.tv/sales-report-d-segment-june-2024/

Sales Report D-Segment sales in June 2024: BYD Seal is the champion, followed by Toyota Camry. Wait for the new model to be released at the end of this year.

dsegment_jun_2024-copy.jpg

Sales Report D-Segment car sales: June 67

D-Segment car sales in June 2024 total 762 units.

• No. 1 BYD Seal* : 249 units
    • Market share 32.7%
  • 2nd place: Toyota Camry  : 219 cars
    • Market share 28.7%
  • 3rd place Honda Accord : 122 cars
    • Market share 16.0%
  • 4th place GWM ORA 07*  : 104 cars
    • Market share 13.6%
  • No. 5 Deepal L07*  : 65 cars
    • Market share 8.5%
  • No. 6 Mazda 6 : 3 cars
    • Market share 0.4%

dsegment_jun_2024-table.jpg

D-Segment car sales in January - June 2024 total 7,825 units.

• No. 1 BYD Seal* : 4,270 units
    • Market share 54.6%
  • No. 2 Honda Accord : 1,468 cars
    • Market share 18.8%
  • 3rd place: Toyota Camry : 1,157 units
    • Market share 14.8%
  • 4th place GWM ORA 07* : 591 units
    • Market share 7.6%
  • No. 5 Deepal L07* : 334 cars
    • Market share 4.3%
  • No. 6 Mazda 6 : 5 cars
    • Market share 0.1%

* BYD Seal / GWM ORA 07 / Deepal L07 are 100% electric vehicles.

dsegment_jun_2024-facebook.jpg

Not Sure how they get their numbers according to DLT stats for June registrations

Vehicle type: R.Y. 1, personal passenger car, not more than 7 people.

1) Honda Accord 260

2) Byd Seal  249

3) Toyota Camry 155

4) Ora 07 104

5) Deepal L07 62

In addition to the above for Vehicle type: R.Y. 10 Sightseeing service car

Deepal L07 3 vehicles

Toyota Camry 2 vehicles

So Deepal L07 is correct if you add R.Y.1 and R.Y.10 together

ORA 07 is correct

BYD Seal is correct

Honda Accord is missing 138 vehicles

Toyota Camry has  62 vehicles more that combined  R.Y.1 and R.Y.10 together

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Not Sure how they get their numbers according to DLT stats for June registrations

Vehicle type: R.Y. 1, personal passenger car, not more than 7 people.

1) Honda Accord 260

2) Byd Seal  249

3) Toyota Camry 155

4) Ora 07 104

5) Deepal L07 62

In addition to the above for Vehicle type: R.Y. 10 Sightseeing service car

Deepal L07 3 vehicles

Toyota Camry 2 vehicles

So Deepal L07 is correct if you add R.Y.1 and R.Y.10 together

ORA 07 is correct

BYD Seal is correct

Honda Accord is missing 138 vehicles

Toyota Camry has  62 vehicles more that combined  R.Y.1 and R.Y.10 together

We are about a week away from the release of July's registration numbers, but best to start the anti-gloating treatment early, as it should be pretty easy for EVs to beat 💓 the 10.8% market share fraction from 2023.

business-commerce-gloat-gloats-boss-manager-management-CS590110_low.jpg

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

We are about a week away from the release of July's registration numbers, but best to start the anti-gloating treatment early, as it should be pretty easy for EVs to beat 💓 the 10.8% market share fraction from 2023.

You will be creamed (as usual)

46 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Problem is Autolife numbers don't tally with DLT numbers

Autolife EV numbers for July 2023 are 5116

DLT numbers for July 2023 for

R.Y.1 Private passenger car with no more than 7 people are 5057

difference of 59

https://autolifethailand.tv/ev-bev-register-thailand-july-2023/

so their market share % is meaningless

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marino28 said:

8 of August a new Byd is coming to Thailand.

plug-in hybrid Byd Sealion.

very interesting to see the pricing 

So, like the seal, but twice as big, louder, and with extra-large side mirrors? 

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, marino28 said:

8 of August a new Byd is coming to Thailand.

plug-in hybrid Byd Sealion.

very interesting to see the pricing 

thanks for the info ...

https://autolifethailand.tv/byd-sealion-6-dm-i-plug-in-hybrid-coming-thailand-8aug24/#:~:text=July 31%2C 2024-,BYD Sealion 6 DM-i (Plug-in Hybrid),วิ่งไฟฟ้าล้วน 95 km.

5 minutes ago, marino28 said:

There is also un update coming for the Byd Seal but it will take some time I believe to arrive in Thailand. 
in China is coming soon 

my guess is that the byd seal 07 will enter the thai market by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2025.

it seems like the interior of the seal 07 will get a significant update. the byd seal 07 should be officially introduced

in china next month, in august!

https://carnewschina.com/2024/05/30/byd-seal-07-spied-in-china-likely-to-debut-soon-with-lidar/

it looks like the byd sealion 07 is expected to be launch in thailand in the next 2-3 months. i got only a closer

look at its exterior (dark black windows and closed doors!) at the bangkok motor show in march 2023.

byd sealion 07

20240731.thumb.png.24858c7ded7db5cf06e0313ed11e61b5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marino28 said:

There is also un update coming for the Byd Seal but it will take some time I believe to arrive in Thailand. 

Saw a video on the updated Seal by the Electric Viking 

The main thing seemed to be full 800 Volt architecture that means faster charging. I not bothered about an updated interior that he was raving about. 

To be honest I really think 150kW is fast enough. There are not that many chargers in Thailand that are much faster. 

Bjørn Nyland tested the Seal and said that it had a very flat charging curve, holding 150kW right up to 80% SOC, where as Teslas have a headline rate of 250kW, but only holding that until about 30-40% SOC then dropping down to 100kW

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

We keep getting told that EV sales are collapsing and that the EV boom is over. Legacy manufacturers are going back to manufacturing hybrids, even if Toyota’s case they will probably be made by BYD.

BYD’s Sealion 6 DM-i Plug-in Hybrid is set to launch in Thailand on August 8, 2024 Manufactured in Thailand.

PHEVs are a gateway to full EV ownership and bigger battery variants can be driven as EVs for all but road trips.

In Europe there is currently a boom in EV sales of Chinese cars

“Chinese EVs Nab Record 11% Share in Europe Ahead of Tariffs”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-07-29/china-electric-car-brands-mg-byd-grab-record-europe-market-share

EV sales in Thailand for Jan-June 2024 were ahead of the same period last year, the same can’t be said of Pickups sales.

IMG_6645.jpeg.b83b033a70cd03d19d85872199eff98f.jpeg

20240503_020444882_iOS.thumb.jpeg.0d5ca44a160e0fee9c6588db7a67f75a.jpeg

BEV_EV_June2024_table-1920x2946.thumb.jpeg.2d159d6115caae6fa05e14389893e05d.jpeg

Time to put away that anti-gloating cream EOW

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Too damn expensive and resale value ridiculous, so why even think about it, this battery car scam will disappear within a couple of years, and the world will rejoice...

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

We keep getting told that EV sales are collapsing and that the EV boom is over. Legacy manufacturers are going back to manufacturing hybrids, even if Toyota’s case they will probably be made by BYD.

BYD’s Sealion 6 DM-i Plug-in Hybrid is set to launch in Thailand on August 8, 2024 Manufactured in Thailand.

PHEVs are a gateway to full EV ownership and bigger battery variants can be driven as EVs for all but road trips.

In Europe there is currently a boom in EV sales of Chinese cars

“Chinese EVs Nab Record 11% Share in Europe Ahead of Tariffs”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-07-29/china-electric-car-brands-mg-byd-grab-record-europe-market-share

EV sales in Thailand for Jan-June 2024 were ahead of the same period last year, the same can’t be said of Pickups sales.

IMG_6645.jpeg.b83b033a70cd03d19d85872199eff98f.jpeg

20240503_020444882_iOS.thumb.jpeg.0d5ca44a160e0fee9c6588db7a67f75a.jpeg

BEV_EV_June2024_table-1920x2946.thumb.jpeg.2d159d6115caae6fa05e14389893e05d.jpeg

January 2024 registrations figures are a result of EV 3.0 subsidy ended 31st December 2023 

as the DLT point out in this article

Data from the Department of Land Transport indicate that the EV market has not been particularly strong since the beginning of the year. January recorded the highest number of registrations for the year at 13,321 units, driven partly by a rush to register before the January 31 deadline to qualify for benefits under the EV promotion plan, EV 3.0, which offers a 2% excise tax and a subsidy of up to 150,000 baht.

This rush led to a sharp decline in registrations the following months.

If the cumulative total for the first five months is extrapolated for the entire year, EV sales are expected to be close to 76,000 units, considerably lower than the overall projection of between 100,000 to 130,000 units.

https://www.nationthailand.com/blogs/business/automobile/40039276

• Like 1

I was interested to see the recent news article with GWM owners who purchased a year ago for 1.5 million baht complaining that price reduced to 1 million baht now, devaluing their used cars.

i wonder what will happen to used prices once people realise the depreciation caused by fear of increased electricity prices and total cost of ownership factoring in motor and battery repairs/replacement?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1