Electric Vehicles in Thailand

On 7/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, motdaeng said:

according to this youtube video, zeekr will start selling cars on september 11, 2024.

the company's aim is to sell about 500 cars per month. in my opinion, that is just too optimistic!

i wonder where they will open branches ... only in bangkok or ...

i love the zeekr 001, one of the best looking ev car. at the motor show, i was impressed with the zeekr 007.

unfortunately, both models are not right-hand drive at the moment.

Took the missus to see the Volvo EX30 in emsphere shopping mall, Zeekr X happens to be across the isle, the sales guys not very attentive, understandably it's not for sale yet and no information on price available, even at substantial discount over the equivalent volvo model and more premium materials it's a hard sell on the name alone

according to this youtube video, zeekr will start selling cars on september 11, 2024.

the company's aim is to sell about 500 cars per month. in my opinion, that is just too optimistic!

i love the zeekr 001, one of the best looking ev car. at the motor show, i was impressed with the zeekr 007.

Took the missus to see the Volvo EX30 in emsphere shopping mall, Zeekr X happens to be across the aisle, the sales guys not very attentive, understandably it's not for sale yet and no information on price available, even at substantial discount over the equivalent volvo model and more premium materials it's a hard sell on the name alone

Took the missus to see the Volvo EX30 in emsphere shopping mall, Zeekr X happens to be across the aisle, the sales guys not very attentive, understandably it's not for sale yet and no information on price available, even at substantial discount over the equivalent volvo model and more premium materials it's a hard sell on the name alone

On 7/1/2024 at 9:05 AM, Bandersnatch said:

444135733_122135737586247912_3167671593491289332_n.thumb.jpg.8a447f041d6716f8bcde2a57ae4d3177.jpg

22 minutes ago, digbeth said:

I thought with the new rules, the newer policy without comprehensive cover on the battery would be offered for less premiums, and the full comprehensive cover would still be available, but looks like many insurers are steering people towards the new style policy with gradual decrease in battery coverage for the age 

There will be a battery depreciation schedule for the battery under the new rule....however, the insurance company is suppose to also offer a rider (i.e., pay an extra premium) to where the owner can still continue to ensure for 100%.

https://insightplus.bakermckenzie.com/bm/financial-institutions_1/thailand-first-official-battery-electric-vehicles-insurance-policy

image.png.87dfd59a955aea1b91eb078a4a85ddd0.png

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Pib said:

There will be a battery depreciation schedule for the battery under the new rule....however, the insurance company is suppose to also offer a rider (i.e., pay an extra premium) to where the owner can still continue to ensure for 100%.

https://insightplus.bakermckenzie.com/bm/financial-institutions_1/thailand-first-official-battery-electric-vehicles-insurance-policy

I  hope they base the depreciation off the initial value and not market price at time of replacement 

MG4 X-power

Had a test drive today. The Green looks really fantastic in the flesh. The interior is basically the same as the standard car so is a bit of a letdown. The battery is also the same 62kWh

Driving: on paper it has the same 3.8seconds 0-100km as my BYD Seal performance, but it didn’t feel as quick. It was certainly quick enough and very chuckable. 

Compared to the standard MG4 that I have driven before (which I felt was a bit underpowered) It has stiffened suspension which improved handling but made for a bumpy ride.

I know I am comparing it to a much more expensive car, but it was no where near as refined or quiet inside as my seal.

However, if I was considering spending 900k on an MG4 I would definitely stump up another 300k for the X-power

IMG_4508.thumb.jpeg.ef5b61e2673c83227b0be833259ba3ab.jpegIMG_4509.thumb.jpeg.9c84df02746aa8c96b9fec401d9618ba.jpegIMG_4510.thumb.jpeg.3554f5f9128c2791b95e0ebca22c7939.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

MG4 X-power

Had a test drive today. The Green looks really fantastic in the flesh. The interior is basically the same as the standard car so is a bit of a letdown. The battery is also the same 62kWh

Driving: on paper it has the same 3.8seconds 0-100km as my BYD Seal performance, but it didn’t feel as quick. It was certainly quick enough and very chuckable. 

Compared to the standard MG4 that I have driven before (which I felt was a bit underpowered) It has stiffened suspension which improved handling but made for a bumpy ride.

I know I am comparing it to a much more expensive car, but it was no where near as refined or quiet inside as my seal.

However, if I was considering spending 900k on an MG4 I would definitely stump up another 300k for the X-power

IMG_4508.thumb.jpeg.ef5b61e2673c83227b0be833259ba3ab.jpegIMG_4509.thumb.jpeg.9c84df02746aa8c96b9fec401d9618ba.jpegIMG_4510.thumb.jpeg.3554f5f9128c2791b95e0ebca22c7939.jpeg

I have seen the green, it is nice. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I have seen the green, it is nice. 

My aged lady friend has it in Green, I think it's the only colour available in Thailand.

It also has Alcantara seats which is a nice upgrade, but otherwise pretty much identical inside.  It's very much a hot hatch with a very tight chassis and until the Cyberster is launched, the fastest car MG has ever made in its 100 year history.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Hello Thailand, meet the Fully electric pickup truck from Geely

Full story: https://www.riddara.com/newsroom/20240327

https://www.riddara.com/newsroom/20240327

IMG_4511.jpeg.c06031c55157e07a1669525a90e50738.jpegIMG_4512.jpeg.90c62e0d03e186b72836aeaf3564beb4.jpegIMG_4513.jpeg.4350b46bb1746c231142190a9ffe6f23.jpeg

The front end reminds me of a Mitsubishi Triton........and that is not a good thing to be reminded of.

I know pickups are workhorses and people don't necessarily care about the looks (I mean people are buying Cybertrucks), but for me I would prefer one that isn't ugly.