Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers

webfact

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Furthermore, insurance has been reduced to $10,000.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1517387086646898689

Although it’s contained in the linked article it’s not in the first part.

I would have thought fairly important as I know of a couple of older people with health issues who had problems obtaining insurance.

Good that your on the case !!!!

Finally the penny has dropped in them foggy brains and they saw the light, i assume that many, many more posts will be forth coming yet on this topic yet....

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

Most travel insurance companies will not cover anyone over 75. The odd one that does wants an exorbitant amount of premium upto $1400. When I travel in end may I will have had 2 shots plus 2 boosters but this does not reduce the premium same premium as someone unvaccinated.

Anyone know of an insurer that covers over 75?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Thai Pass website still requires hotel booking to process.

What processing?

From the OP

"Thailand Pass will also be paused temporarily to update the system for the new rules, set to start on the first of May. "

The usual scenario is you can still fill in the old application, but nothing happens or it gets in a mess.

Anyone who tries to apply after they announce changes is asking for trouble.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, thisisrascal said:

Great news but I’m annoyed with myself for already paying for a test and go package for my June arrival ???? 

More fool you,it has been touted for a while about this change to be made around June!

40 minutes ago, novacova said:

Quite frankly none of the restrictions have impeded or bothered me in the slightest. With a little patience and perseverance I do what I want when I want????????????

Exactly. i went to the UK last August, pre departure and 3 PCR test plus a week in quarantine for the UK. Had to book a 15 day quarantine package to return to Thailand plus the PCR tests.

A tremendous improvement and people are still whinging.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Best to always hedge your bets with this clown.

I would assume you will be using your paid for Moderna shot as a booster some time in the New Year as I hear we will all be needing boosters.

March/April is when I will be getting my booster, no disappointment here.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:51 AM, fredge45 said:

Beat you on the 55 minutes in Chiang Mai yesterday - 19 minutes from arrival!

Used the appointment booking system, walked through the masses following a friendly IO with her "Follow me please".  Never even got a chance to read my ebook on the Kindle.

Wonderful!

On 2/22/2022 at 1:30 AM, ukrules said:

If they introduce any lockdown measures again then the truth is out - it will mean it's out of control and they can't handle it. Just watch and see.

They don't have to say anything, it's what they do that matters.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:54 AM, Thailand said:

Thai friend who has Covid had to spend 6 hours queueing in a crowded hospital yesterday to get reams of medication and then went home for 14 days to isolate!

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

If you are an expat returning to your place of residence in Thailand do you have to do the same and as for insurance what if you are covered by your spouses Government Insurance thru her employment ?

See a reputable Thai visa agency to find your answers. That is what agencies are here for. 

• Confused 4

While the elimination of PCR testing and the use of ATK in its stead is welcome, there is still no clarity about quarantine requirements. I would suggest enabling self-isolation, and scrapping the haphazard quarantine system, would go a long way to eliminating tourist hesitancy.

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Eliminate this requirement completely, and (more) people may actually decide to travel to Thailand.

Isn't the insurance linked to Visa Premier card accepted ?

• Haha 1

We arrive on the 2nd May, so on the surface this sounds like good news.

However, should I take the risk of cancelling the Hotel/PCR test (can cancel before 24th for full refund) which may in some way end in screwing up the QR code, especially as the TP is temporarily closed to allow for changes.... and the potential for all this to go south. 

Perhaps better to stay on the side of caution and keep all as is - its a small loss in the grand scheme as well as piece of mind.

• Like 1

I've screenshotted my earlier post rather than quoting as to do so will not show the Emoji

Does anyone fancy telling me why 3 people (so far lol) would be "confused" ! ????

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 11-08-38 Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Although the cited article mentions Thailand Pass remaining, the paper that we can't quote does not.

The definition of foreign visitors and foreigners residing in Thailand is also not given, so not clear whether the new regulations only apply to tourists, (foreign visitors?), or to all non Thais, whether they live in Thailand or not.

Clarity is not a friend to the people who make public announcements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You should ask for a refund kindly at FIRST for this on May 2nd I suggest.  There is no way a reputable hotel will not refund you. Maybe minis 1-5% ad fee.  I as well as many reported getting back my day 5 $$ after test and go went ATK only day 5.  This is just common sense for a hotel.  

Indeed - they did say that in the event that test and go is cancelled I'll get my money back but I'm still waiting for the refund on my second PCR test from March when I did the Phuket sandbox. 

58 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

More fool you,it has been touted for a while about this change to be made around June!

Yup - I was expecting it to be cancelled in July. 

Edited by thisisrascal