Unidentified foreign man found dead in rental room in Central Pattaya, cause under investigation

webfact

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

a lot of ladyboys down that street, pin it on one of them?

I seem to recall some incident there some years ago, person found dead in a basic room (ex- restaurant  owner?).

Very sad ending.
Imagine you move to Thailand, full of dreams and the only thing you can afford is a dirty small room.

I saw in my neighbourhood a few foreigners renting those single rooms maybe for 4-5k baht a month.

If I only could afford a life like this, I would return home.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, rott said:

Perhaps those people are happy and content with their lives.

A cheap room leaves them more money for food, drink, women and retirement extensions. 

Its a renting short term issue.Even 200 bht nite= 6000 month++, Tons of good condos around for less but leases required.

1 hour ago, Card said:

He could have fallen backwards and hit his neck then stumbled somewhere before passing out. He was naked so could have fallen in the bathroom perhaps onto the edge of a bath. That accounts for the blood in the bathroom.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that has happened, although I question the existence of a bath in that hovel. Lack of hand rails and slippery floors are a more common hazard I would wager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah doesn't but Coleman English mustard on the table, case closed

Soi Chaiyaphoon far from a place for a foreign laborer.

"tourist", showed recent ATK, mustard...

Quite poor that the staff does not have a copy of ID.

And sure another place that does not care about registering a foreigner.

Going strict they should be fined.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Very sad ending.
Imagine you move to Thailand, full of dreams and the only thing you can afford is a dirty small room.

I saw in my neighbourhood a few foreigners renting those single rooms maybe for 4-5k baht a month.

If I only could afford a life like this, I would return home.

Condos in Unixx and Base going for 5k a month

49 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Its a renting short term issue.Even 200 bht nite= 6000 month++, Tons of good condos around for less but leases required.

Not splitting hairs, but in the interests of uplifting  conversation I would query there are "tons of good condos" for less than 6,000 a month in Pattaya. In the depths of the Covid days you could get someone down to that but I doubt that "good" and "tons of them" apply much. Would also depend on your definition of room and condo

200 a night would be pretty much the bottom of the pile,I wonder if the monthly, discounted rate would apply.

I see scuba has already made a liar of me, ???? but Unixx is a bit out of town and that rate at the base won't last too long. 

Edited by rott

7 minutes ago, rott said:

Not splitting hairs, but in the interests of uplifting  conversation I would query there are "tons of good condos" for less than 6,000 a month in Pattaya. In the depths of the Covid days you could get someone down to that but I doubt that "good" and "tons of them" apply much. Would also depend on your definition of room and condo

200 a night would be pretty much the bottom of the pile,I wonder if the monthly, discounted rate would apply. 

I used 200 p/n as eg so never see that adv.However 4.5.6 k month is not hard to find at all but deposit 1 month adv etc puts short term stayers off.

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Suicide.

I Don't know--- But what is the Pink to the right hand side table.

It used to be , some 15-18 years ago in Pattaya, if the police came to investigate & there was a glass with pink liquid, then case solved.

I dont know if you can still get The Pink pill from Cambodia now, but I always thought if I wanted to go that would the option---better then the balcony Jump.

10 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Why did he leave his valuables on the table including a partial door knob?

Because he was probably in the shower when the accident occurred. (given that it was an accident) Do you take your valuables in the shower with you? Besides, calling that motley collection 'valuables' is a bit of a misnomer!

Pool of blood. only wound mentioned at "back" of neck. Pretty unlucky to accidently incur by slipping. 

3/4 day stay but no bag etc.

What looks like new sim card on table...but no phone

Lighters yet no cigarettes

pair of shoes yes, but clothes ?

Low-life yabaa fuelled robbery probably. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Suicide. 

Yep he jumped to his death and then walked back to his room naked as a jaybird zombie before collapsing.  Whay is there a doorknob on the table is a question I have.  Was he a handyman of some sort and.....well it is anybody's guess.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep he jumped to his death and then walked back to his room naked as a jaybird zombie before collapsing.  Whay is there a doorknob on the table is a question I have.  Was he a handyman of some sort and.....well it is anybody's guess.

Not like you to not read the whole thread????

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Not like you to not read the whole thread????

You still do not see the sarcastic nature of the post once again, and my post should actually be removed as it is off topic and twisted in nature.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Why is there a broken door catch on the table, was his wallet there in the room, why was his Passport/paperwork with the owner, laid dead behind the door with a neck wound. All sounds very suspect to me. 

Correct that is what I was thinking?  "  Cut in back of the neck "  the story the way it is laid out by the media don't expect too much more from the BIB another cold case that will be solved?

Two cig lighters but no cigs on the table?  Flashlight?  the guy had a bit of a sugar fix too?  I'm with Scuba looks like Ladyboy and drugs for starts?????

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Correct that is what I was thinking?  "  Cut in back of the neck "  the story the way it is laid out by the media don't expect too much more from the BIB another cold case that will be solved?

Two cig lighters but no cigs on the table?  Flashlight?  the guy had a bit of a sugar fix too?  I'm with Scuba looks like Ladyboy and drugs for starts?????

Love the Slueths on here that work out every crime and car accident - class.