Eight years on: Thai PM in jocular mood - he's fed up with "work, work, work"

webfact

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why not wait for any court cases coming up and looking at the evidence?

With Thaksin there was/is plenty of evidence and he was already convicted a couple of times and many other court cases are still ongoing.

Where are the court cases against Prayut? I would love to hear about evidence against him. And I mean it. If there is evidence then show it and prosecute him.

Hard to prosecute somebody who made sure the new constitution granted the coup leaders immunity for their crimes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Hard to prosecute somebody who made sure the new constitution granted the coup leaders immunity for their crimes.

Looking at many of the comments here it seems some people think he committed many crimes over the last years. Personally I don't know, this is why I would like to see evidence. For Thaksin there was and is plenty of evidence. And if Prayut was even half as bad as many people here seem to think then there should be lots of evidence out there. Please publish it so that we can all see the truth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at many of the comments here it seems some people think he committed many crimes over the last years. Personally I don't know, this is why I would like to see evidence. For Thaksin there was and is plenty of evidence. And if Prayut was even half as bad as many people here seem to think then there should be lots of evidence out there. Please publish it so that we can all see the truth. 

A coup is illegal.....even in Thailand.....which is why Prayut made sure he had immunity from prosecution after staging his.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

A coup is illegal.....even in Thailand.....which is why Prayut made sure he had immunity from prosecution after staging his.

He helped to remove a criminal and his little criminal sister. Without Prayut maybe these criminals would still govern Thailand.

Unfortunately sometimes it seems to be necessary to do one bad thing to get rid of another bad thing.

If the court system would have worked in Thailand over the last decades then Thaksin and his little sister would have been convicted a lot earlier.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Convincted by who? By a crooked court under a military coup's term? Pleaaaaaaase.

Why don't you look at the evidence yourself?

If you paid attention then you should remember at least part of the evidence. There was a lot of that and it was all over the news.

Or are you one of those people who think if a politician behaves like a criminal and then he gets convicted you call that politically motivated? According to that "logic" no politician should ever be convicted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well, that was 8 years of government without any future visions for the country.

Better education, better prospects for young people, land reform, aging society and better care for the elderly, strengthening of democratic control institutions, fighting corruption, more efficient administrative processes, "fairer" judiciary, environmental protection, overfishing, better sewage and waste management, police reform, more critical discussions, more unity and compromises, better data protection and consumer rights, higher income for the masses, fairer distribution of income, more transparency in government contracts, less xenophobia,

government and private debt problems, ....... Just to name a few areas.

Unfortunately i don't see any significant improvements in these areas, quite the opposite.

Oh dear. 

It appears that much of the historical perspective amid this thread is blinded to subjectivity, less any balance - regardless of the political circles and conviction one keeps. 

15 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Well, that was 8 years of government without any future visions for the country.

Better education, better prospects for young people, land reform, aging society and better care for the elderly, strengthening of democratic control institutions, fighting corruption, more efficient administrative processes, "fairer" judiciary, environmental protection, overfishing, better sewage and waste management, police reform, more critical discussions, more unity and compromises, better data protection and consumer rights, higher income for the masses, fairer distribution of income, more transparency in government contracts, less xenophobia,

government and private debt problems, ....... Just to name a few areas.

Unfortunately i don't see any significant improvements in these areas, quite the opposite.

Lets face it, the world hasn't been a basket of dreams since 9/11. I know this is a Thai forum but so many highlight Thai problems as being exclusive to just Thailand. Many western countries are struggling with cultural issues, identity and believe it or not poverty. This does not excuse any failures by whoever has been or will be in power in Thailand. 

Unfortunately for Thailand, they are a key player when it comes to present day global faction positioning. They are torn between two major players in the world and It is therefore becoming increasingly difficult to keep both happy. Having the thorn that is Thaksin hanging around as well, releasing disinformation and creating civil unrest, is increasingly taking it's toll on the progression of Thai society. I think right now, stability, though admittedly with draconian measures, is the best the Thai's can hope for.

A small measure of peace and stability is far better than civil strife.

That is the way I see it anyway.

• Sad 1

On 4/26/2022 at 11:15 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I wish him a peaceful retirement.

He did a good job removing the violent red mob and the corrupt Shinawatras. Thank you.

I hope Thai people will in the future think twice who they vote for. Some competent and honest politicians would be a good idea.

How sad, but to be expected I suppose… Thai Visa used to be chock full of the likes of you. Never let the facts (or decency) get in the way of one’s prejudice or bigotry eh? You and a dwindling number of insufferables are, like Putin and Prayuth, on the wrong side of history. The best Prayuth can hope for in retirement is exile; what he deserves is a jail cell. As for your future, after the Thai people reclaim their country  - you my friend are going to have to live out your days in a free and democratic Thailand where power is won and lost solely at the ballot box… every fascists nightmare . Enjoy.????

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, ezzra said:

Any leader who seized power by way of a cue dose not have the peoples mandate and as such not an elected leader...

you are correct.

pool is a game, not a democratic process.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How sad, but to be expected I suppose… Thai Visa used to be chock full of the likes of you. Never let the facts (or decency) get in the way of one’s prejudice or bigotry eh? You and a dwindling number of insufferables are, like Putin and Prayuth, on the wrong side of history. The best Prayuth can hope for in retirement is exile; what he deserves is a jail cell. As for your future, after the Thai people reclaim their country  - you my friend are going to have to live out your days in a free and democratic Thailand where power is won and lost solely at the ballot box… every fascists nightmare . Enjoy.????

I am not your friend and I certainly don't want to be your friend.

You have 5 posts and you think you know it all? Or were you banned and try again?

If you have so much evidence against Prayut then bring it on. Go forward, post it on facebook, do something!

You write a lot and know little. I prefer the people who live in Thailand for some time and know reality, you are obviously not one of them.

Maybe read and listen for a while before you try to talk about something which you obviously don't understand.

One has to be careful what one posts on here these days as if you say:

If it was an Act of the Legislature the replies are 'the Legislature is corrupt .

Or an Act is within the purview of the current PM the replies are 'the PM is corrupt'

Or if a ruling is the decision of one or more Courts the replies are 'the Courts are corrupt'

Or if one says it is specified in a Section of the 2017 Constitution the replies are 'the Constitution is Corrupt'.

I could say I could go on-&-on but that line is already taken.

Edited by jerrymahoney

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

All he has done is replaced a corrupt Democratically elected party with a more corrupt military regime.

At least Thaksin could be voted out, and would have been eventually if Democracy had been allowed to mature and better parties allowed to be formed. 

You clearly have no respect for Democratic process. You are extremely short sighted if you think that illegally stealing power every time corruption is evident in a Democratically elected party is going to move Thailand forward. Power stolen by a regime that eradicates it's political opponents that could actually improve Thailand and the lives of it's people. 

I'm always amazed when people given access to decent education from The West can hold views like yours.  

Thanks for your reply. It is one of the very few balanced replies.

I have to admit you are right that my respect for the democratic process, not only in Thailand, is not high.

All over the world there are populist manipulating lying people who get voted into important positions. And then these often incompetent people do crazy and bad things. And then they use their power to manipulate the masses to vote for them again. All this can obviously only work with stupid and ignorant voters. But unfortunately there are many of those voters. And looking at the news from all over the world this is not getting better.

I guess Churchill was right when he said “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

But that doesn't make it easier to watch how idiots vote for criminals, idiots, liars and other scum.

And for the record: My comment is not about left or right or politics which l like or don't like. 

People don't participate in a healthy way in what democracy could be.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, webfact said:

"I'm fed up being PM. From the moment I wake up to when I go to bed its work, work, work.

"I can't sleep through worry and if I do I wake up in the night it's to worry some more".

Tango Sierra sunshine. You ( literally) took the job.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not your friend and I certainly don't want to be your friend.

You have 5 posts and you think you know it all? Or were you banned and try again?

If you have so much evidence against Prayut then bring it on. Go forward, post it on facebook, do something!

You write a lot and know little. I prefer the people who live in Thailand for some time and know reality, you are obviously not one of them.

Maybe read and listen for a while before you try to talk about something which you obviously don't understand.

F953D2A0-4789-44A9-8A44-FB180916BFB5.jpeg.4b4a255b4e852eef9b0983e5abb62ca8.jpeg

On 4/27/2022 at 6:18 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why not wait for any court cases coming up and looking at the evidence?

With Thaksin there was/is plenty of evidence and he was already convicted a couple of times and many other court cases are still ongoing.

Where are the court cases against Prayut? I would love to hear about evidence against him.

OneMoreFarang; " And I mean it. If there is evidence then show it and prosecute him."

.... yes, with the guarantee, next day  you will stay in prison :cheesy: !

That's the Thai military style of freedom of opinion. You must have a big hole in your memory/brain if you don't recognize or remember how a lot of opponents habe been "eliminated". Only 2 examples of many, many: the leader of the "Future Forward" etc. and his party.

Did you ever learn that the jurustic power should be the independent and the reliable THIRD POWER in a state? Today here in Thailand it doesn't work. That's the main reason, why there is "nobody to prosecute him [P.]". What a pity that you don't do it.

• Like 1