Seven ways to move from pandemic to endemic - Thai MoPH official indicates Covid future from July

webfact

over 2 years into pandemic and looks like still there was not proper data collection. Doing it now, when there is no serious situation, will be wasting another 7bln (that on top of funding before many other digital systems, with half-operational or non-operational applications). 

As to those "seven" in the title - they are rather steps, points, but not 7 different ways of transformation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

what a complete pile of tosh

the world has moved on what is wrong with Thailand - behind the curve as usual

Omicron finnished this pandemic - simple

I guess the power mingers still need to maintain power and control and keep the emergency fugets flowing into greedy ##s

He is mingers a satiric misspelling like fugets or just a misspelling

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Having worn my mask diligently everywhere in Thailand for the past 2++ years and used the alcohol spray on my hands, avoiding crowds etc, I still got Covid in Thailand (...)

Look at the official statistics of Covid cases in Thailand... 7,000 odd daily new cases? - At least half of the tennants in my apartment building have Long Covid, caughing all the time... 

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

Covid is coming down in numbers everywhere but long covid remains a big problem. Many people tell me it's like coughing up rubber bands and many have memory loss that's not getting better, this is months after having covid Maybe this is what they should be looking at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He gave a seven point watchlist of how Thailand will move from treating Covid-19 as a pandemic to treating it as endemic

Test everyone and come out with the real figures?

Sathit said that Thailand had handled the pandemic well and the private sector had played their part particularly in providing hospital beds and treatment.

One knee-jerk after another.

• Like 2

He noted that cases of the virus, people in hospital and deaths were all showing downward trends.

Complete and utter rubbish.

When Delta was at it's peak of 20,000-25,000, around me we knew/heard of a few that had been infected.

Omicron now around me is everywhere, it would be easier to name those that haven had/got it.

Yet government health figures say it's down to around 10,000....

I'll say it again Utter rubbish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

I guess the power mingers still need to maintain power and control and keep the emergency fugets flowing into greedy ##s

Money is what’s wrong

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simola said:

Just been to USA from UK. Observed lft from home the day before travel to USA. Show proof of vaccine at airport. That’s it. No masks in UK airport. No mask on the airplane. No mask in USA airport and no restrictions or mask requirements outside the airport. Life back to normal. Had a fantastic time. The masses won’t come to Thailand when they can have a normal holiday elsewhere. Why would you go from a country with no restrictions to somewhere that you must be tracked by an app and wear a mask (unless you want to of course). 

Believe it or not,there are some oddity's that do! even although there is freedom almost everywhere else!

"7. Find, record and publish good examples including important lessons learned from the pandemic."

Are you listening Prayut, Anutin & Co? "Let's start at the beginning  - a very good place to start" (Julie Andrews -  Sound of Music) To start off with, the hot winds of Songkran DON"T blow it away, and the Chinese vaccine wasn't the be all and end all, now was it?

I won't carry on any further - I might get carried away (physically!)

7 hours ago, smedly said:

they bet on the wrong horse in the beginning  and certain people got rich, so too bad about everyone else.  they should have gone with that dirty falang vaccine.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

Just treat covid as we have colds and flues all of our lives? That's not a bad idea.

You might think it's over, but I see people wearing face masks while walking or running in a deserted park early in the morning or late at night.

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yawn, many of us have already 'moved on'.  Apart from wearing a mask inside malls, restaurants etc, there is nothing to remind me of Covid, (except the destroyed tourist economy).

Yep, sure have. 

You'll find that most of the provinces have moved on in this manner. Only practicing such protocols where they're expected to - going through the motions. 

I believe it is time for us to get ourselves and move on. It's no longer a vital threat.........

• Like 2

I know we are in trouble if their public policy is to burn this waste….burn in thailand means just that burning it….it doesn’t mean proper incineration with no air emissions…

bad policy - this particular waste  stream doesn’t need burning…like infectious waste, steam sterilization would be fine…