How Will Irreversibly Major Shifts in Demographics in SE Asia Change Your Perception of Thailand as the Best Place to Retire?

My Dear Friends,

Strangely enough, we have just had some interesting news concerning demographic shifts both here in SE Asia, and also in China, as well as elsewhere in Asia.

Of course, there are still some places, maybe such as the Philippines, where fecundity has not taken such a huge hit. 

The interesting news is that China's past forecast for population growth, and for the sheer number of its population, has been seriously overrated.

In other words, China is dying, just due to lack of population growth and also due to graying of the population.

Here we are in Thailand.  And so, what is happening to the growth, or lack of growth, of population here?

You can post numbers, if you can find accurate numbers, but I will not post numbers which I am not sure about.

Some of you have stated that you think that there are too many Chinese tourists in Thailand.  And, others have said that there are not enough of them.

Either way, this past Chinese 2020 census has been a shock to the powers that be, in China, since the counted population of China is far less than what was anticipated.

What I am worried about is this:

Let us say that population numbers continue to radically decline, as seems to be the case, then how might this affect your life in the near future, in Asia?

Maybe you might see a rapid decline, during the next decade, of the people from neighboring Asian countries which you most enjoy.

Personally, I doubt that this major change in demographics will affect me much, simply because I am celibate, and I do not depend upon cheap labor for much of anything.

But, what about you?

Or, if worse comes to worst, and we find that the sector of the population which we depend upon, as retirees, decreases overly much, and too rapidly, then maybe one might need to relocate to a country with a different demographic trajectory, for example.

So, what do you think?

Does this Philippines population pyramid look quite good to you, at this time, compared to other places?

In my opinion, it might.

image.png.4622796119e7009f99fc980a40178d77.png

The above graph was taken from Wikipedia, and you can search for other pyramids based on other data, if you like.  Still, most collected data seems to agree, closely.

When you consider your life, during the next decade, then, ....  All that I am saying is that you should also consider the population pyramid.

Regards,

Globulin

Please Note:  The above pyramid will not influence me.  I will never leave Thailand.  I love it too much, for sure.  And, also, I do not rely on cheap labor to make my life pleasurable.  I do it myself.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Looked ok in videos but poor beaches

I found out the beach was less and less used the longer I stayed, and first when I moved to Is an, I started to miss the beaches again. It makes the perfect contrasts to travel for holiday inside a country like Thailand and Phil

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Reminds me of travelling light is a good valid advise now as before! 

Never invest more than you are willing to leave behind when time is up.

Do you travel at the speed of light?