Is it worth getting a second COVID-19 booster?

webfact

35 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Two is enough (at the moment), based on my trips in. Of course that may change.

BTW - anyone with a UK NHS number can now have overseas Covid shots added to their UK vaccination record. There used to be a requirement also to be registered with a UK GP, but not now. I just added a Thai AZ shot from last year so I have all my shots on one record.

On the NHS APP?

Had a booster in January (my 3rd Pfizer) = Enough is enough, will take the advice of my GP in Australia when down there in June-July! Never had a flu shot in my life, will discuss that with him as well.

I just had my 4th booster a day after the annual flu shot. People close to me have had covid but so far I didn't get any symptoms. The 4th shot is recommended in Australia by health authorities for anyone over 60.

because of sinovac (and sinopharm), which were the first used in thailand, boosters started to be given as early as august 2021 (that was 650k for medics taken from 1.5mln pfizer donated by the usa).

to travel internationally those 2 chinese vaxes are not accepted (in europe only to 9 countries, and still conditional).

my european vax application (integrated with data from thailand) doesn't allow me to get the second booster yet.

If there is yet another wave I would consider. Possibly then there would be the second generation moderna

Denmark where people are tripple jabbed has stopped it's vax program. Personally I have had 2 my last one about 6 months ago so probably waned considerabley. How the memory cells are going who knows. I would also be keen to know about my anti-body status but kits are not available. Not sure if they even exist. Not sure about getting a 3rd but a 4th seems unnecessary. Hospitalisations and deaths are going down rapididly everywhere and are nothing like Delta. This is way less severe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yeh nah, I'm sitting on the fence, 3 Pfizer jabs should do me fine, although I will look at things in August when it will be 6 months since I received my 1st booster, that said, prior to my 1st booster, I did a blood test which showed that the antibodies were waning so got the 1st booster, just to be sure, to be sure as Paddy told me.

What the government isn't telling people is that our T-cells should take over when and if we do get this virus, and of course we should survive it if we have been vaccinated.

They are also failing to advise us of the downside of getting too many doses, i.e. that it can do to our immune system as many top Dr's in their fields of immunology and virology have said.

Did I mention Anutin is not qualified in his elected position and that the WHO have got this one right thus far IMO.

1 hour ago, TooMuchTime said:

We can't talk about that bro.  Just be quiet and trust The Science

True enough.  But he is trusting the science when he also follows the money.

• Haha 1

Another thing to consider is what another poster alluded to, namely, the possible long term effects of vaccine.  Are there any?

Do a google search such as "Autoimmune disease following 1, 2, or 3 covid vaccines."  Or, "Autoimmune disease following covid vaccination in South Korea."  Or whatever you like. It seems there are some questions.  

There are also two 8-9 episode docuseries presently available that inform this whole situation that you may find interesting and/or helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Sad to hear but you do not clarify what variant, how old and did your friend have comorbities. Rather important information in relation to the Sars-cov-2 disease.

Bottom line is that he would more likely have still been around but for qualifying for the Hermann Cain award.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In Thailand, the government is encouraging people to get the fourth jab and has opened several channels for them to get their shot for free.

Yes, for those vaccinated at Bang Sue, but what about the millions of others who weren't? I haven't heard a whisper in Pattaya about the government giving a free second booster, only the usual rapacious private hospital charging three times as much as a hospital in the capital would for a half-dose of Moderna.

33 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

FYI, the second one was the booster. These people are so confused! The third one is already a second booster, and a fourth would be a third booster. <deleted><kin madness!

Actually the 2nd wasn't the booster as the dosage levels given were halved if you like, so the 1st booster was the 2nd shot, the 2nd booster was the 3rd shot.

The above said, I have had two shots (one full dose) and a half dose (1st booster, 2nd shot).

As John Travolta would say; I'm so .........d

Confused John Travolta GIF - Confused John Travolta What - Discover & Share  GIFs

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Confused 1