Is it worth getting a second COVID-19 booster?

webfact

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

the two prior ones had not killed me, nor had I had ill effects, and thought the booster might become a requirement. As it was, for some strange reason, that jab hurt and I had a painful shoulder for nearly a month. Heaven I hope this is done with now!

Pfizer 1 & 2 no problem. Pfizer 3, exactly 2 weeks later I had a small case of shingles.  Coincidences?  I think not.  I had symptoms only one day after the booster.  8 weeks later I still don't feel good.   I think I'll pass on any booster shots for now.   I'm waiting for the Pfizer pill.  But they need to do a lot more research before I'll take anymore of this vaccine that hasn't really been through a lot of clinical trials.  I guess if I worked at a hospital I might think differently.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I tested positive for C19 again, that is after one previous bout of C19 and 3 x Phizer shots. Symptoms thus far this time is like a strong flu with swollen joints but I will see where it goes from here. Last time I had double pneumonia as a result and some long term joint inflamation issues that had been slowly resolving themselves. 

I travelled to Chiang Mai for a weeks self drive holiday and drove back to BKK on Thursday night and I haven't been out since, so its definitely been picked up in CM or whilst travelling. So entering another 10 days or so isolation period again in order to recover.

More booster shot's maybe might reduce symptoms for suseptible people, who know's. I seem to be more prone than some others to catching it and I wore my mask everywhere except when I was eating.

CM was however very enjoyable, thank you CM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

But they need to do a lot more research before I'll take anymore of this vaccine that hasn't really been through a lot of clinical trials.

5 billion worldwide fully vaxed. 2 billion boosted. And you think they don't have enough data? Get a grip.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

With every new variant, a new booster will be required 

all the advice I've seen says the vaccines remain effective for serious illness against the newer omicron variants cropping up. Do you have any information which contradicts that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

all the advice I've seen says the vaccines remain effective for serious illness against the newer omicron variants cropping up. Do you have any information which contradicts that?

"The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines offer immunity against COVID-19 for at least six months. Immunity wanes as antibody levels drop, so the need for annual shots and boosters to maintain immunity is likely."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/length-of-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-5094857#:~:text=The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech,to maintain immunity is likely.

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

5 billion worldwide fully vaxed. 2 billion boosted. And you think they don't have enough data? Get a grip.

I have a grip.   I didn't say they didn't have enough data.   I said I had a very bad reaction to the existing vaccine and I will not be taking anymore until more research on this subject is more extensive.  They are "tweaking" it every day.

Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years, and involves a combination of public and private involvement. - unless you have something called Operation Warp Speed.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines offer immunity against COVID-19 for at least six months. Immunity wanes as antibody levels drop, so the need for annual shots and boosters to maintain immunity is likely."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/length-of-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-5094857#:~:text=The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech,to maintain immunity is likely.

I said serious illness which is all I care about and I'll hazard a guess that most people feel the same way. The covid vaccine is not an immunisation, it is a vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I said serious illness which is all I care about and I'll hazard a guess that most people feel the same way. The covid vaccine is not an immunisation, it is a vaccine.

Is Covid 19 no longer considered to be a serious illness ?

We were just talking about this morning.... second booster meaning 4th vaccine am I right?......We were discussing my 3rd shot after 2 Pfizer since last August... I have had what I would call half  virus after being negative...my wife was positive...and took 10 days to recover..any thoughts about this from others here?

45 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Pfizer 1 & 2 no problem. Pfizer 3, exactly 2 weeks later I had a small case of shingles.  Coincidences?  I think not.  I had symptoms only one day after the booster.  8 weeks later I still don't feel good.   I think I'll pass on any booster shots for now.   I'm waiting for the Pfizer pill.  But they need to do a lot more research before I'll take anymore of this vaccine that hasn't really been through a lot of clinical trials.  I guess if I worked at a hospital I might think differently.

Have you had or considered the shingles vaccine.....?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's hard to follow and reply to these threads, as the definition to vaccine, and immunity (herd immunity) seem to have changed.

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yeh nah, I'm sitting on the fence, 3 Pfizer jabs should do me fine, although I will look at things in August when it will be 6 months since I received my 1st booster, that said, prior to my 1st booster, I did a blood test which showed that the antibodies were waning so got the 1st booster, just to be sure, to be sure as Paddy told me.

What the government isn't telling people is that our T-cells should take over when and if we do get this virus, and of course we should survive it if we have been vaccinated.

They are also failing to advise us of the downside of getting too many doses, i.e. that it can do to our immune system as many top Dr's in their fields of immunology and virology have said.

Did I mention Anutin is not qualified in his elected position and that the WHO have got this one right thus far IMO.

Who are these many top Doctors who say too many vaccinations have a downside? Dr Youtube and Dr Tik Tok?

31 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Can’t believe that so many on this forum seem to love those horrid masks but baulk at being injected with a tiny needle. I’d have zero problems with being vaccinated every 6 months for the rest of my life, lots of elderly people have had annual flu shots for many years. There’s overwhelming evidence for the safety of the vaccines.

Agreed!

Really? My wife hasn't had a third dose as yet. No one but me has suggested she should. My in-laws, who have had 1 jab each still very suspicious of vaccines but terrified of Covid infection. Meanwhile I got my booster last November in France. I've just returned there after 3 months infection free in Thailand. Now being offered a 4th jab of moderna here in France as I'm over 60.

At the moment all the stats are falling here ????and virtually all restrictions lifted. Very few are wearing masks unless compulsory as on public transport, in clinics, GP surgeries and hospitals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

On the NHS APP?

I believe so. I can't get the app to work (I think because I'm not registered with a GP) but you can do it via the online NHS portal if you have an NHS number.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/tell-nhs-about-coronavirus-vaccinations-abroad/

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Who are these many top Doctors who say too many vaccinations have a downside? Dr Youtube and Dr Tik Tok?

Get as many jabs as you like as I'm sure your research, if any has convinced you to keep taking them, so why even bother posting ?

9 minutes ago, StealthComms said:

There's many shocking and terrible things in it like vaccine is effective 12% for the first 7 days then goes down to 1% for Omicron.

What about the effectiveness for serious disease, hospitalisation and death ?

Did you miss that ?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Have you had or considered the shingles vaccine.....?

A vaccine to protect oneself against the negative side effects from another vaccine? 

Sounds awesome!  Sign me up!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

What about the effectiveness for serious disease, hospitalisation and death ?

Did you miss that ?

That's what I quoted 12% for the first week then 1% sir.

Here's Yahoo on it tho it says kids

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-12-154550168.html

Pfizer documents

https://www.icandecide.org/pfizer-documents/

Edited by StealthComms

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is Covid 19 no longer considered to be a serious illness ?

I don't understand your question. Covid is a very serious illness but 3 or 4 shots of vaccines will usually prevent it from being a serious illness.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've had Sinovac and AZ. After those two jabs, I had mild COVID which lasted 3 days. Then I had a Pfizer jab.

For me, COVID is now on a par with flu, which I have not had for decades. So it will be an annual flu shot, and an annual COVID shot.

It seems to me with each new variant the death rate and "long COVID" rate declines further, quite prepared to stand corrected on that. On that basis, three or six month boosters appear to be overkill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jotnar said:

It's hard to follow and reply to these threads, as the definition to vaccine, and immunity (herd immunity) seem to have changed.

It was clarified in the Oxford dictionary ( a non medical reference) because people were playing semantics and conflating immunity with prevention of illness and death to falsely claim the vaccines didn't work.

• Confused 1