4 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I’m a boring, long hold investor. Diversified across just about everything: health, commodities, tech (inc a few startups), health, telcos, staples, energy, managed funds and ETF’s. I limit most of my stock buys at max 2% total capital, very rarely any more than that. Moon shots even less. 

In past I’ve been one of the victims of short attacks (JCap on ASX:RFF/NEA), malicious FUD reports and straight up companies get found out for cooking the books (ASX:RFG). RFG went from a sector darling at $4.40 to around .05c today. 

I’ve haven’t been prudent enough to set stop losses in the past but my ‘losses’ over 5 years are around 10% of initial investment capital, but that has been far exceeded by my ‘wins’ 

I have, at a guess, 70% of my wealth in the market but I sleep well at night knowing I have de-risked as much as humanly possible 

Diversification to mitigate risk is counterproductive if you understand the math. 

As warren buffet said “Diversification as practiced generally makes very little sense for anyone that knows what they're doing...it is a protection against ignorance."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Diversification to mitigate risk is counterproductive if you understand the math. 

As warren buffet said “Diversification as practiced generally makes very little sense for anyone that knows what they're doing...it is a protection against ignorance."

Whole mkt can fall. Better off picking high yield in tough times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Doesn't sound very secure if you can lose you're investment due to hard disk and lost password

If you lose your passwords you have lost your crypto. 

So be extremely careful of the passwords.   

That isn't difficult but there are a lot of morons out there that will still manage to lose their passwords and blame it on crypto or something other than their own stupidity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

That isn't difficult but there are a lot of morons out there that will still manage to lose their passwords and blame it on crypto or something other than their own stupidity.

How many known crypto robberies have it been by now? Latest in news the NK hackers

3 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Not entirely true. With big exchanges you tell them you lost your password and they let you reset it. Same like shares.

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

You don't understand trading, do you. ???? 

Guilty as charged. To me, it's like the Romans practising haruspication, or people that read tea leaves.

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

I bought virtual land 2 months ago.

Wait a minute, I just was dreaming about that.

It is actually a real thing for the future.  In 10 years it will be in full use on the internet.

VIrtual land in the Metaverse people have been buying up space on it.  Could be the greatest investment of all time.

The metaverse is a loosely defined virtual realm made up of connected 3D virtual worlds where people can work, play or do business. Visitors to the social spaces can buy goods and services, such as property, much like they would in the real world.

• Haha 1

There is investing, trading, and speculating. One has to understand the differences yet

none of these is for the faint of heart. If you don't understand what you are doing, stay

away and put your money where you are most comfortable. Be aware that low risk equals

low reward, however.

Not all crypto's are the same and it is important to do the homework before entering the 

market space. Only a few have real value propositions (use cases). 

Although called a cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is a tier-one long-term store of value, much like

gold has proven to be over a vastly-longer period. However, tier-two protocols have come

along, or are being developed, like the Lightning Network, which allow greater speeds and

functionality, and are allowing Bitcoin to be used as money.

Broadly speaking, Bitcoin is correlated to the S & P, and Nasdaq, although it will de-couple in

time, and will be a stand-alone asset.

Volatility is a given, how else has it wildly out-performed other risk assets since its inception?

It may be likened to the early days of the internet, which, don't forget, was once written-off

as a non-starter. Just look at it today, though. Where would we be without it?

Bitcoin adoption is growing twice as fast as the internet did. Essentially, it is the internet of

money. For those who recognise this, the long-term rewards are enormous. It is easy, 

however, to bark and disparage it from the sidelines, largely by those who have not made

the effort to understand its true value. Time will tell!

A case in point: Amazon was hugely volatile in its formative years, even dropping as much

as 90%. For those who kept the faith, their money has multiplied by thousands of a percent.

Expect Bitcoin to do the same.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is actually a real thing for the future.  In 10 years it will be in full use on the internet.

VIrtual land in the Metaverse people have been buying up space on it.  Could be the greatest investment of all time.

The metaverse is a loosely defined virtual realm made up of connected 3D virtual worlds where people can work, play or do business. Visitors to the social spaces can buy goods and services, such as property, much like they would in the real world.

Where is it hosted? Who owns the servers and IP address ranges of the "metaverse"?

24 minutes ago, allanos said:

There is investing, trading, and speculating. One has to understand the differences yet

none of these is for the faint of heart. If you don't understand what you are doing, stay

away and put your money where you are most comfortable. Be aware that low risk equals

low reward, however.

Not all crypto's are the same and it is important to do the homework before entering the 

market space. Only a few have real value propositions (use cases). 

Although called a cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is a tier-one long-term store of value, much like

gold has proven to be over a vastly-longer period. However, tier-two protocols have come

along, or are being developed, like the Lightning Network, which allow greater speeds and

functionality, and are allowing Bitcoin to be used as money.

Broadly speaking, Bitcoin is correlated to the S & P, and Nasdaq, although it will de-couple in

time, and will be a stand-alone asset.

Volatility is a given, how else has it wildly out-performed other risk assets since its inception?

It may be likened to the early days of the internet, which, don't forget, was once written-off

as a non-starter. Just look at it today, though. Where would we be without it?

Bitcoin adoption is growing twice as fast as the internet did. Essentially, it is the internet of

money. For those who recognise this, the long-term rewards are enormous. It is easy, 

however, to bark and disparage it from the sidelines, largely by those who have not made

the effort to understand its true value. Time will tell!

A case in point: Amazon was hugely volatile in its formative years, even dropping as much

as 90%. For those who kept the faith, their money has multiplied by thousands of a percent.

Expect Bitcoin to do the same.

Seriously ???? Do you believe and understand all this alignments? Or is this just copy and paste? 

At once a crypto investor admit it is a Pyramid with great potential, I will respect that. Everything else is just bull….

Yes it is potential in the technology, but bitcoin will be the first, but also be replaced for something new and better. That’s what I believe. Enjoy the ride

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

There seems to be such a pounce/joy/knife-twist from crypto haters on this forum on any significant dip...

Anyone know why USDC is completely ruler flat to the $$ ??

Whereas USDT wavers and of course that dip on Thursday that could have taken things even further south like UST....

Is it because USDT is still obfuscating a full independent audit ?

Though Coin Bureau channel says he is not a financial advisor on YT, he gave quite a drum roll on Terra and Sol/UST in last few weeks...

Oh dear - for those that went in plus the kitchen sink....scary.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Thanks 1

Well the (a) game is finally played.

As i understood, you pump up a coin, then you dump it again and then at the same time, you have shorts on that coin.

In coins you loose but you make a big win in shorts. You do need some money to play that game (Musk?)

Now 200 billion overall is evaporated.

10 hours ago, Excel said:

And the "Crypto King" is responsible for many of them getting "lost". Just a shame  very many people were conned into investing in his scam. Google "Crypto King" and watch the documentary. Investment gullibility and greed in order to have something that is too good to be true are one of the same really.

Your last paragraph, very true, summarises the attitude of O Henry who wrote  short stories  about grifters, conmen and flim flam men. In whuch nearly always the 'victims' were gullible  or greedy often  believing they were conning or cheating the con man.  His real name was William Sydney Porter and it is generally  thought he originated the idea  of 'There's  no such  thing a a free lunch'

4 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Whole mkt can fall. Better off picking high yield in tough times. 

Sure, if you need the money you’re investing now, but the only way to make substantial returns is through investing in high growth. 

If you invest in great companies there’s no real risk other than short term volatility in markets. 

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Pattaya bar stool

Me

This is the exact reason why I support ETH and DASH but never invested in Binance "smart" stuff or Facebook's buzzwords.

If a cryptocurrency allows only few selected parties to run the validators / master nodes while the random Joe could not run them, then this "cryptocurrency" is a bullshít.

Of course a random Joe could run a "full blockchain node" but it just holds a copy of a blockchain and is not actually involved in the concensus nor the actual work of the cryptocurrency.

25 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Sure, if you need the money you’re investing now, but the only way to make substantial returns is through investing in high growth. 

If you invest in great companies there’s no real risk other than short term volatility in markets. 

Must buy in 100 share lots, so buying say at todays price of $2,262.25 USD you would need to utilize $226,225 US or almost a cool quarter million.  I would say that if you have the money buy...as it has dropped in the past month, and would possibly be do for an increase looking at the charts.

59 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Must buy in 100 share lots, so buying say at todays price of $2,262.25 USD you would need to utilize $226,225 US or almost a cool quarter million.  I would say that if you have the money buy...as it has dropped in the past month, and would possibly be do for an increase looking at the charts.

Will wait for the LB expert to give advice/opinion before deciding what to do.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oops I left out the stock, it was Amazon

Share split soon for Amazon and even now it is possible to buy a few shares.

Possible LB Experts based on frequent posts are ST and MM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

High growth is which now? Biden in charge

If you find the next Amazon get on

7 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

The big exchanges are like stockbrokers. Bank level security.

Lol except they’re not insured like stock brokers are with SIPC, so when crypto exchanges go under, your holding are gone and you’re <deleted> out of luck. 

Funny enough coinbase released an sec filling advising of this, that if they go bankrupt your holdings are not insured 

• Like 1