Funny Chonburi Immigration

I went today to get my another Covid-19 extention at Chonbiri immigration office at about 10.00 a.m and was surprised that there was no que at all. When I handed my passport to the information desk, the lady told me your extention will expire on 24 th of may, so you must come on Monday)) Strange it is just four days, and the office was not full as it used to be during my previous visits.

Edited by anandra
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

It's funny because you would think they would want you to get through as quickly as possible and if they don't with you today they wouldn't have to wait it would be one less they would have to deal with in the future.

I use an agent to renew my retirement Visa despite having the money in the bank and all the correct documents. Because I just don't want to screw with it myself. And also my agent can get it done for me 3 months in advance of the due date where as when I was doing it myself they wouldn't do it more than 30 days out.

I know, but that lady at information desk told me to talk to their boss, So I went to his table they were looking at my passport stamp for about 10 minutes, I read in some immigration Fscebook group  that Chonbiri makes extentions on the same week your visa expires

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They are available.

Why even ask. 

BTW just posted now by ubonjoe in another thread.

Covid extensions extended by another TWO months.

thanks for letting us know, that's great news.

15 hours ago, DezLez said:

Why are you still using/need COVID extensions?

Exactly because they are available and still cheaper than other visas))) Amd no flights to my country at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, The Fugitive said:

Useful to know thank you. In case of being out of Thailand around your actual renewal date.

So how does that work ? I was under the impression you give your passport to the agent.

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
On 5/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, The Fugitive said:

Useful to know thank you. In case of being out of Thailand around your actual renewal date.

So how does that work ? I was under the impression you give your passport to the agent.

He means getting the extension filed and issued earlier than 30-days ahead while he is still in the country WITH his passport. If his due date fell when he was out of the country for work or other reasons, he would be out of the country WITH his passport and lose the extension completely. Sometimes the 30-days early isn't enough. Some offices only do it within 14 days? Others may say "Cannot". I managed to get an extension 43 days early at Udon Immigration since the extension due date was in the middle of 3 month job in Myanmar. Took three attempts mind you and the intervention of the chief officer.

Every decision an Immigration Officer makes is at their discretion (or that of his boss).

• Thanks 1

I just went this week to get my first Covid extension because I will be getting a retirement visa and my money wasn’t in the bank long enough. It was extremely easy and surprisingly fast. I, of course, only got the under consideration stamp to come back in 30 days, but it was easy enough to do by yourself. I also spoke to the retirement department(because there wasn’t a line) to confirm what I needed and when to come back. She was great. She looked at all my documents and told me what I needed and didn’t need and answered all of my questions. I was pleasantly surprised. Let’s just hope it goes well next month. 

10 minutes ago, jcmj said:

. I was pleasantly surprised.

Like I said earlier, lots of funny stuff and full of surprises 

I got fed up with the many surprises so I started using an agent. 

10 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Let’s just hope it goes well next month

I like your optimism ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 5/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, hereforgood said:

It's funny because you would think they would want you to get through as quickly as possible and if they don't with you today they wouldn't have to wait it would be one less they would have to deal with in the future.

I use an agent to renew my retirement Visa despite having the money in the bank and all the correct documents. Because I just don't want to screw with it myself. And also my agent can get it done for me 3 months in advance of the due date where as when I was doing it myself they wouldn't do it more than 30 days out.

Same here, but I didn't know they could do it 3 months in advance.

I did my last (Non-Imm O Retirement) extension 44 days in advance (maximum advance was 45 days) & at that time CW was only seeing people who's extension was due within 3 days but my Agent had no problem getting it done there & then. 

Costs 7,900 (Includes 1,900 immigration fee) & worth it to me as I want to make the process as easy & painless as possible.

E.g.When checking that my 800K was in order the agent noticed I'd left too long between bank book entries and there was a consolidated amount in there which immigration  wouldn't accept so took me to the Bank to get the appropriate statement pages I would need - Something I would never have picked up on & would have cost me an extra trip to CW.

Next extension will be Jomtien IO & I'll be using Maneerat (8,000 THB) to do all the heavy lifting for me. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I just read that extensions  have been approved  until  25 July.  I bet they were just waiting on the approval.   Try again tomorrow. 

It is too early for using this approval, I must get first 60 days before 24 may, only then can apply for other 60 days before 25th july

Edited by anandra

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Next extension will be Jomtien IO & I'll be using Maneerat (8,000 THB) to do all the heavy lifting for me.

Me, I'm capable of my own light lifting. Takes me less than 30 min to

scan a couple pages of the bankbook,

print a new set of the forms,

print the passport file including copy of my pink card; then

fill in the dates and sign.

On the way to Immigration I spend another 20-30 min at the bank updating the last page of my bankbook and getting the bank letter. Pro tip: ask the bank lady to make a copy of the last page of the bankbook showing that last transaction on the day. She’ll do it and it’s free.

I've chosen an afternoon when Immigration is unlikely to be very busy. I spend maybe 10 minutes in line listening to my mp3 player and wait another 20 at the desk.

As my papers are all in order, typed, stapled, and paper clipped, they're quickly accepted by Immigration with nothing to add. I pay my B1900 and get the number to retrieve the newly stamped passport the next day. I stop by the TQ for a cool one and visuals on the way home.

So to avoid that trivial procedure I should instead fool around with Maneerat a couple of times, save 15 min at Immigration, and pay them B8,000?

image.png.e3ac59a0b5b78c5a8d2c9c88635fd089.png

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Next extension will be Jomtien IO & I'll be using Maneerat (8,000 THB) to do all the heavy lifting for me

That's who I use then very happy with him I must have sent 10 to 15 people their way. The gay guy that works in there's a hoot funny guy but he knows his stuff

• Like 1