Flags at half mast.

herfiehandbag

19 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

And what is so hard for you to understand. India have done the same as well. I am pretty sure that is not any people you are reading posts from that are lacking humor. In my opinion it´s just you that do not understand, but that´s only my side of the story.

And what I wanted to say with lazy to lift: it should not still be on half mast. Today is the 20th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Flags at full staff, half staff, not flown, does it really change your day?

Not really, just curious as to why!

But there again, I might have been planning a night of louche debauchery in the fleshpots of Chiang Rai, only to find that they were closed because someone important had died!

Never mind.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

Have happened several times at local obator, opposite our house.

After couple of days i went over and asked who died.

Of course they just looked at me ????

so i told them flying flag like that, in "developed countries" was considered very rude, lo-so and stupid.

After few hours fixed ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Reposed said:

Give me your mailing address and I'll send you five baht.

With that, you can buy more of a sense of humor than you currently have.

Your post about Thais being wasn't funny. Just saying...  Let it go.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Lazy to lift?

Believe it or not but in Thai news I find that half mast has been ordered by General P.  from 17 to 19 May mourning the death of UAE (United Arab Emirates) president Sheik Kalifa ...

With all respect but really?!!

Hey, KhunBENQ, thanks for the input. I find all the offhand comment attempts to be funny pretty silly. Why morn the death of an UAE President? Who knows?  Maybe he was a great friend  to Thailand (or the PM).

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what I wanted to say with lazy to lift: it should not still be on half mast. Today is the 20th.

Yes, today is the 20th and it is a Friday and Thailand doesn't normally follow the international flag etiquette with the lowering the flag at sunset and re-hoisting it at sunrise and as tomorrow will be Saturday there will be no one at work at the government offices to raise the flag back up again so you can expect them to stay at half-mast until Monday

Edited by Russell17au

20 hours ago, bbko said:

Flags at full staff, half staff, not flown, does it really change your day?

It did for an old RSM of mine in the British Army, if the flag you raised in the morning was as little as one inch from the top of the pole, he'd go mental and accuse you of setting it to half mast and charge you. You were only a lazy flag raiser once in that particular regiment.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, jesimps said:

It did for an old RSM of mine in the British Army, if the flag you raised in the morning was as little as one inch from the top of the pole, he'd go mental and accuse you of setting it to half mast and charge you. You were only a lazy flag raiser once in that particular regiment.

I remember on shore leave in Brittany, a group of us in full No 1s saw a building with a Union Jack flying in the square on a tall pole, one keen eyed crew noticed it was up-side down, a sign of distress, he marched off into the building came out with the owner(?) It was lowered and re-hoisted correctly while we all stood saluting :cheesy:

With the Thai flag however i'm not sure if they are permanently in distress or not :unsure: