Trying to find a good condo is getting tougher in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Having experienced the decline in tourists due to the Covid pandemic of the past three years, I thought there must be a huge amount of choice.

AirBnB suggests different ........... 9kbht/month.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/27123112?check_in=2022-06-01&check_out=2023-07-01&display_extensions[]=MONTHLY_STAYS&federated_search_id=8c5f8eb1-a6a9-4c41-85c0-2595aa997643&source_impression_id=p3_1653704737_vDMP3DZuG6THl9ob

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

In Soputh Pattaya, around Soi Kopai, you can rent 100th of Condos, mostly Studios or 1 Bedroom, many brandnew, in deals starting at 7.000 Baht, with Pool and fitness facilitities, many shops around, fast free wifi, free Motorbike and car parking, Motorbike Taxi in front of the Condo, Baht Bus just some minutes to walk, Tukcom in 5-10 minutes walking distance same like Soi Buakao. But: The original posting dont mention any price he is willing to pay.. who expect 3.000 Baht rent for a 1-bedroom will not find a offer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Salty said:

I have been a member  of this Asannow for many years and I never respond to the articles and leave my thoughts, but this one I just felt I had to.

What a load of total <deleted>, there are so many condos available everywhere, Landlords are doing deals for long term rentals, what one landlord told me is that many tenants are down grading to different  condos to try and save rent money, there have been many customers that are moving from two bed condos down to one beds and customers in one beds moving down to studios..

I live in Cosy Beach and you can now get  one bed condo for 10K and studios for 7k, so if that is expensive, perhaps, you may need to look on the  Darkseid where you can rent something for 4= 5k amonth 

The average price in cosy Beach for a 2 bed is between  20 to 25k depending on the qualityof the condo. So I would be interested to know on how much this persons budget is, as he did not seem to mention this in his post.

And  as far as Cosy Beach not having access to taxis and not a prime area, I have lived in this area for three years and, I would not live anywhere else, although it is not in the center of Pattaya and  not on a Bhat Bus route, it is very easy to get a bolt taxi or if you drive a bike only 10min from Beach road, or Jomtian,  you also have a beach , sky Galaxy,  chocolate  factory  and other restaurants  to enjoy  the views., there are also a few bars on the main road, and if you like  real good hombaked  beigels and a Jewish deli there is also one near by, delivery or collection only, as well as Peaky Blinders who I would say do the best burgers  in town.

So I certainly  would not say Cosy Beach is  not a prime location, I would say for me personally it is the nicest part of Pattaya  as your are away from the madness but also not to far from the madness if you want it, 

Absolutely agree, great area and I've stayed in Pattaya (north, south, central), jomtien, wongamat and the dark side previously. I'm renting one of those 1 bedrooms for 7k. Partial sea view. Great deal and I hardly see anyone at my pool or around the condo reception area, lift, carpark, etc. So nice and quiet and peaceful.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

We have a nice size 2-bed house in one of the Chok Chai garden homes. It's big, spacey, clean, nice kitchen, all the mod cons, furniture, 2 huge beds, air con etc. 10,000 baht a month on a 3 year contract. Why bother with a condo when houses are so cheap to rent. Personally I know of houses here where they cannot rent at 15k a month and looking to seal bargain long term rents at 10k.

Can't think of a reason to live near the beach area,  other than for women. Which my wife wont allow ????

yes sure, you must be correct, people live in a sea resort city to live far from the beach ! what an idea !!!!!

it's so funny how much you don't even see that living somewhere that is not at walking distance to the beach is plain ridiculous !!!!

your wife didn't tell you because she doesn't know and understand more than you I am sure !!!

pity pity pity

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr Salty said:

And  as far as Cosy Beach not having access to taxis and not a prime area, I have lived in this area for three years and, I would not live anywhere else

yes it's great if you like to feel handicapped by not being able to walk anywhere !

so ridiculous compared to Pratamnak 4, 5, 6 where you even are at walking distance to bahtbus...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bangkokstick said:

yes it's great if you like to feel handicapped by not being able to walk anywhere !

so ridiculous compared to Pratamnak 4, 5, 6 where you even are at walking distance to bahtbus...

I'd think it's a buyer's / renter's market.  Location location location though vs your wallet.

• Like 2

I would post  a number of vids from Youtube  showing large slightly older 80 sqm 1 bedroom condos with some being renovated at 12,000 baht a month but I don;t want to be banned for advertising properties even though I have nothing to do with them. Just go on Youtube and search.

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I would post  a number of vids from Youtube  showing large slightly older 80 sqm 1 bedroom condos with some being renovated at 12,000 baht a month but I don;t want to be banned for advertising properties even though I have nothing to do with them. Just go on Youtube and search.

Fits into my usually thinking when people state they can't find something, then 'you're not looking very hard'.  IMHO

When searching rentals for my daughter (Krung Thep) there were so many options, had to filter them down quite a bit, so not to be overwhelmed with listings.  She simply ended up getting from 'word of mouth', and more than a few of those suggested to her.  Didn't even need to do any legwork / driving around searching.

Same when we were looking for rentals, 1 or 2 day of searching the areas interested in, and more than enough available, not during covid or now, 2008/2015.   Got to be way more now available.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Last June, as Covid peaked in Bangkok, I rented a nice, 60 s/m 2 b.r. in an older Jomtien Beach condo building, water view, 300 meters from the beach, not far from the night market.   

I originally rented at B13,000m./3 month contract.  When the contract was nearly finished and I informed the owner that I would be moving to a less expensive unit, he offered to lower the rent to B10,000/m, 6 month contract which I accepted.  We recently agreed on another 6 month extension.  

He said he would much rather have a steady tenant who pays on time than play the short term rental game with high turnover.

Sometime in the unforeseeable future, the regular crowds will return and rents will shoot-up. Prior to Covid, my unit rented for B25,000/m. I kept my very inexpensive unit in Bangkok for just that eventuality..

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1