UK monarchy set to change ‘dramatically’ after Queen’s Jubilee

onthedarkside

Screenshot_4.jpg.a60b19a60ca7e73aaf150eb76e5188e7.jpg

The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations mark a big turning point for the operation of the British monarchy, according to a leading royal expert

Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations next week have an urgency to them — honouring the 96-year-old before the British monarchy changes “dramatically,” according to a leading royal historian.

“If you think about it, this will be the last really huge time to celebrate the Queen publicly and thank her,” Hugo Vickers, who has written extensively on the family, told Page Six.

“This has been an extraordinary golden age that she has presided over and things will change dramatically at a certain point, so I think these few days will be really important. Everyone must get out and celebrate her.”

The events, which begin Thursday and run through Sunday, June 5, mark the monarch’s 70 years on the throne.

(more)

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/uk-monarchy-set-to-change-dramatically-after-queens-jubilee/news-story/93043e2a366abdd3525b7af2c389cd52

• Like 2

11 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

before the British monarchy changes “dramatically,” according to a leading royal historian.

Does this mean all the wealth of those "Royals" will go to where it comes from? 

Good Idea to finance the rotten health system or schools?

Who needs a queen or king? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

“This has been an extraordinary golden age that she has presided over and things will change dramatically at a certain point, so I think these few days will be really important. Everyone must get out and celebrate her.”

Things changed dramatically already... 4 dud kids.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Love the queen, and all she does for the UK. Can't say I am an adamant royalist, but I think she is a very special lady.

That said - all her offspring are clowns !

Charlie should not bother and just hand it over to his son and Kate, Did that the monarchy may continue as there is feeling for those two, but with charles at the helm the monarchy could be doomed

Charlie who'd rather talk to plants, not a chance in hell.

Andrew.. cough.

Edward.. where is he now?

Anne... possibly.

3 hours ago, wombat said:

not being a royalist other than getting a laugh out of Ginger & the Gingers Whinger  while the future King prefers to identify as a tampon ...i'm rooting for Oz to become a Republic and really think all the money being spent should go on helping the homeless and the disadvantaged 

Send it all to the UK you mean? Very generous of ya matey!

On 5/30/2022 at 3:35 AM, wombat said:

not being a royalist other than getting a laugh out of Ginger & the Gingers Whinger  while the future King prefers to identify as a tampon ...i'm rooting for Oz to become a Republic and really think all the money being spent should go on helping the homeless and the disadvantaged 

I agree in principle of an Aussie republic but when you ask who will be president, one is normally met with a contemplative silence.

Morrison? Bond? Barnaby Joyce? Gina Rinehart? James Packer?

Renting a hereditary HoS does have its functions as a bulwark against despotism.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:04 AM, hotchilli said:

Charlie who'd rather talk to plants, not a chance in hell.

Andrew.. cough.

Edward.. where is he now?

Anne... possibly.

Charles will be King George VII, but then quickly followed or replaced by William. however te size of the royal family list will be greatly reduced. Look at the monarchies in the EU and how they are run.

• Haha 1

Just out of interest: Me, I don't care if they are there or not.

Then why post, you may ask? Just to gauge how many likeminded people there are out there. I am interested in all your opinions...

5 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I agree in principle of an Aussie republic but when you ask who will be president, one is normally met with a contemplative silence.

Morrison? Bond? Barnaby Joyce? Gina Rinehart? James Packer?

Renting a hereditary HoS does have its functions as a bulwark against despotism.

No it doesn't. Despotism reared its ugly head in 1973 when the Queens representative decided he could overthrow the elected government. The single most shameful period in Australian politics.

I support a republic fro oz but I also think we should acknowledge the Queen's service in her twilight years. After she's gone it's all gonna change and change quickly. Not many will support Prince Charles.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

No it doesn't. Despotism reared its ugly head in 1973 when the Queens representative decided he could overthrow the elected government. The single most shameful period in Australian politics.

I support a republic fro oz but I also think we should acknowledge the Queen's service in her twilight years. After she's gone it's all gonna change and change quickly. Not many will support Prince Charles.

you mean 1975? - does the same powers that Kerr had still exist?

On 5/30/2022 at 12:32 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Does this mean all the wealth of those "Royals" will go to where it comes from? 

Good Idea to finance the rotten health system or schools?

Who needs a queen or king? ????

Well the Germans were smart they exported all their royalty to England????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If the British Queen is German on the basis that her ancestors came from Germany , then that would  make YOU English, would it not ?

(As you ancestors came from  the U.K )

No, of course not Germany is not in the commen wealths and I am not German

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Losing two World Wars and one World Cup ?

Could have gone better 

you did not ask how many won

Which countries have won soccer World Cup?

Image result for soccer world cup winners list
Brazil have won five times, and they are the only team to have played in every tournament. The other World Cup winners are Germany and Italy, with four titles each; Argentina, France, and inaugural winner Uruguay, with two titles each; and England and Spain, with one title each.

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Losing two World Wars and one World Cup ?

Could have gone better

The Queen didn't help the UK win too many world cups. Fortunately, Harry and Megan have strengthened the gene pool somewhat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

you did not ask how many won

Which countries have won soccer World Cup?

Image result for soccer world cup winners list
Brazil have won five times, and they are the only team to have played in every tournament. The other World Cup winners are Germany and Italy, with four titles each; Argentina, France, and inaugural winner Uruguay, with two titles each; and England and Spain, with one title each.

I was making a reference to when England played against Germany in the 1966 World Cup final and England won 4-2 

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was making a reference to when England played against Germany in the 1966 World Cup final and England won 4-2 

The England players celebrated a goal, but referee Gottfried Dienst was uncertain if they had indeed scored. He consulted his assistant, Tofiq Bahramov; after a brief conversation in broken English, the Swiss referee awarded the goal to the home team. The crowd and the audience of 400 million television viewers were left unsure whether the ball had crossed the line and whether the goal should have been given or not. England went on to win the match 4–2 and secure their first and only World Cup so far.

Well you believe in Madonnas hands of god as well?