Lottery anticipation reaching fever pitch! Locals hope rat snakes making out will provide the key!

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Getting the best (lottery) numbers

Daily News reported that people in Thailand were getting very excited as they prepare for the latest state lottery draw.

This is due on Wednesday June 1st, notes ASEAN NOW.

The unexpected appearance of snakes in houses is one way that Thais use to forecast the numbers as such events are seen as  auspicious omens.

The latest of these happened at the home of Kanjana Jamroon at house number 7 in Moo 16 of Ban Bangsai village in Chachoengsao, central/east Thailand.

Seven people stay at the house where there are children aged 6 and 3.

Two two meter long "ptyas" or rat snakes were videoed making out in a coiled embrace in front of a bedroom at the property.

Relatives and locals were figuring out all the numbers in hopes of coming up with the desired combination that would make them rich.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, ezzra said:

When your life is meaningless with no hope to anything better, the hope and dream of winning the lottery comes to the rescue, not only in Thailand mind you, it's all over the world and that how lottery companies making billions on the back of people's misery...

And then there are people who are educated, and have an idea that their chances to win are relatively low, unless, of course, you buy (almost) all the tickets like the Aussie blokes years ago in the Florida lottery...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

When your life is meaningless with no hope to anything better, the hope and dream of winning the lottery comes to the rescue, not only in Thailand mind you, it's all over the world and that how lottery companies making billions on the back of people's misery...

Why do you have to come up with sort of slant on it ezzra--- you must know , your country , and nearly the rest of the worlds governments run a Lottto... and  in Europe you can do at least 2 different ones, .it makes headlines in most papers when you get a winner---- but of course in Thailand

its because of --blah....Blah...empty lives... Blah blah......desperate people,..... Blah blah....

........the Thai's have meaningless lives ......blah Blah  .....:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Damn, people in Scotland even laugh at reincarnation. I used to too, until I was hypnotically regressed on a show with Uri Geller. 

Uri Geller was a fraud, proven over and over again.  Stage hypnotism is no proof of anything other than a weak mind easily influenced by frauds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

Uri Geller was a fraud, proven over and over again.  Stage hypnotism is no proof of anything other than a weak mind easily influenced by frauds.

Geller wasn't the hypnotist

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

This was not on stage. 

It was a well-researched TV show. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And then there are people who are educated, and have an idea that their chances to win are relatively low, unless, of course, you buy (almost) all the tickets like the Aussie blokes years ago in the Florida lottery...

The only people in Thailand that don't indulge in the lottery are those who have enough funds not to have to.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Relatives and locals were figuring out all the numbers in hopes of coming up with the desired combination that would make them rich.

From what I have seen they mostly worry about hitting the 2 numbers for 2,000 baht.  Sometimes 3 numbers.  I don't really see them looking for all 6 numbers.

Underground lottery is only for 2 or 3 numbers also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My sister-in-law died last year aged 31. many bought that number and it came in. Coincidence or the cosmic joker? 

Yes, but all the people that had relatives dying from 1-30 and 32 to 100 all lost money - cosmic karma ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thai people, more than others, especially Westerners have a better understanding of the mysterious ways in which our universe works. 

Damn, people in Scotland even laugh at reincarnation. I used to too, until I was hypnotically regressed on a show with Uri Geller. 

For most in Thailand it's harmless fun, although like anywhere there are some who are susceptible to gambling addiction. 

My sister-in-law died last year aged 31. many bought that number and it came in. Coincidence or the cosmic joker? 

So much in this world we don't understand,  don't knock anything  !.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tanner said:

So much in this world we don't understand,  don't knock anything  !.

Just before I met HH the Dalai Lama in India, I took part in a mediation with a senior Tibetan lama. There was a Q7A session where a young Israeli girl insulted some Buddhist monks in the town of Dharmasala who ate meat. She said they 'were like pigs'. 

10 minutes later we all meditated and she fell over and started grunting in a sleep. It was bizarre, instant Karma. The same Lama who had never met Westerners couldn't believe most didn't believe in reincarnation.

I remember this every time I hear foreigners insult Thai Buddhism and  monks.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Just before I met HH the Dalai Lama in India, I took part in a mediation with a senior Tibetan lama. There was a Q7A session where a young Israeli girl insulted some Buddhist monks in the town of Dharmasala who ate meat. She said they 'were like pigs'. 

10 minutes later we all meditated and she fell over and started grunting in a sleep. It was bizarre, instant Karma. The same Lama who had never met Westerners couldn't believe most didn't believe in reincarnation.

I remember this every time I hear foreigners insult Thai Buddhism and  monks.

Alone reading this makes me grunt. Honestly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Alone reading this makes me grunt. Honestly.

There are grunters in this world, and others who like philosophical intelligent discussion.  It takes all kinds as my gran used to say.